Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
eaaaasssssy there big fella :whoa:

300+ days of screaming im the best in the world in the mic.

bros THE ROCK let him turn heel on him, shyt doesn't happen in 2012.
I know its real to you and all but if you understood anything about how wrestling works, you'd understand that attacking Rock is the only possible guy they could have used to turn Punk. Crowd wouldn't choose anyone else over him.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
even if you put the whole "drawing" perspective to the side, this dude's run has been underwhelming to say the least. the forgotten reign. he's best known for desperately trying to call out steve austin at this point.

the rock comes in to the 1000th raw, gives this dude the biggest heel turn imaginable, like could he have turned on anyone else bigger?! and he continues to bore the shyt out of crowds. then they added heyman because he needed the boost.

stop the excuses !

Sometimes I wonder if these guys know they're trolling :heh:

It's common consensus that the best parts of every Raw the past few weeks have Punk, Team Hell No, AJ, Rhodes Scholars, and Ziggler's selling. I know those are the only reasons I watch. But now Punk is boring crowds? :stop: Ryback got the biggest pops of his career when he came out to confront Punk

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
so Vince gives the guy a 300+ day reign, like 5th longest in history or something like that, and it's Vince's fault now?

excuses must stop.

So how much blame do you assign Vince and the writers, if any at all? And before you label me a Punk stan or something, I did say the following
Granted, Punk's not marketable in the way that a Cena or Orton or even Sheamus is

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
I mainly watch wrestling for the #fukkery but usually when I go out of my way to watch something it's because it'll be entertaining throughout the entire show, not because "This show's shytty but OH shyt THIS ONE CHARACTER'S FUNNY AS HELL!!!" If you think that only one person matters to any good show then you have no idea how comedy, drama or any form of performance art or writing works and are probably a complete imbecile.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
-I don't usually post in ratings thread, but I don't get why the E and everyone else is getting shook. Ratings ain't gonna magically change in a week or a month and go back to attitude era numbers. IMO I thought the E's storylines were better than WCW, but it didn't translate into ratings until after WM 14. If the E wants there ratings back to what they want, high 3's, and 4's or even better, its gonna take a very long time, which means that they need to make sure there product is top notch for a very long time if they want it to translate into ratings. WM is really there only meal ticket. But, look at the landscape of the E, and look at there lack of depth. They have to have Rock, Brock, HHH, Taker, etc. dudes that are 40+ to draw some shyt due to how terrible the E are at making legit stars and booking them to be legit. :mindblown:

-Imagine today if Austin was on the rise in 97, and they kept getting those 2's, would we say Austin is a failure? Even though now the E's has no competition, they keep alienating there fans and have been phoning shyt it almost 10 years. Every great storyline that fans get intrigued by, (i.e. Summer of Punk, Nexus, etc.) they just have to kill it and shoot themselves in the foot and make people turn off the channel with how they execute shyt. Punk was red hot last summer, he got attention by everyone, he was all over ESPN, wrestling actually seemed "cool". I had dudes that stopped watching wrestling in middle school/high school, they were intrigued by it, but they just had to get Triple H and Kevin Nash into the storyline :aicmon:

-If the E thinks that they can flip the switch and have there numbers all the way up to the 3's and 4's just like that in a matter of weeks and keep them, it ain't happening. They aren't patient at all, even though they should be when they have no competition at all. As great as the Attitude Era was as a fan, shyt like ratings is all fans wanna talk about more it seems like now due to how great that run was, but it really can't be duplicated and done again.

-Punk is dope, but as champ, he should be the "guy" and be able to elevate everyone in the company as a whole, but these days as champ, the WWE title prestige and the meaning imo don't mean much. There are too many titles. Anyone these days can be a champ. They have no long term plans for anyone these days. But, we can only hope and wait for the E to be dope again and just wait for that "guy", but with how the E is ran these days and there impatiences, I don't think it will happen for a very long time. :wow:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Undertaker...in a heartbeat.
Ok sure, another legend. Yes, thats my point. Captainclueless was trying to frame the situation like it was some gift they gave Punk to have him attack Rock to get him over, when the reality is they HAD to make it Rock or another all-time great and fan fav because there wasn't anyone on the current roster more over as a face than Punk and they'd just cheer him more.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Punk/Ryback, Punk needs to go after Sheamus to unify those titles and solidify his 'best in the world' bullshyt. If Punk's reign is forgettable, then Sheamus's reign is even more forgettable and coincidentally if Punk is given the storyline to unify the titles it will give his title reign something memorable.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The WWE has given the IWC what they wanted, a lengthy Punk reign and had him constantly going over Cena. While that is what we wanted the typical fan and PPV orderer doesn't so ratings go down.

Again so miz, del rio, Orton , sheamus last wwe title reign did better business ?? and we're more memorable ? You guys saying this but based off what ?
Who should have the belt cena ? What heel beside punk is even over , Vickie ?

So we attribute all the ratings to punk ? I guess he should transcend mnf ,?
Show me were cena as champ was outrating football

Summer slam , noc , mitb wrestlemania show ppv growth I guess since punks champ he should get the credit right ??:lawd: cause he's getting all the blame
You think Vince looks at the ratings and says wow punk gained viewers while shame vs Barrett lost viewers punks a failure ???
@R=G you can't compare the 10 pm of a 2 hour show to 3 hour show. But even with that comparison if the breakdown shows the segment before punk lost viewers how is that punks fault
Ryback who some people want to win isn't gaining any viewers but punks a disappOintment?

Last edited by a moderator:

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So how much blame do you assign Vince and the writers, if any at all? And before you label me a Punk stan or something, I did say the following
Granted, Punk's not marketable in the way that a Cena or Orton or even Sheamus is

the one thing i give punk is the roster's thin at the main event level. but this dude been in the industry for years, and for the punk fans to say he hasn't gotten a chance or its booking, is pure bullshyt, im sorry and this run is underwhelming.

he's talented and he at the top tier of those currently right now in the company, but for such a long reign and for the skills he has, he's sorely disappointed.

punk isn't marketable, in the pg era? sure he is.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ok sure, another legend. Yes, thats my point. Captainclueless was trying to frame the situation like it was some gift they gave Punk to have him attack Rock to get him over, when the reality is they HAD to make it Rock or another all-time great and fan fav because there wasn't anyone on the current roster more over as a face than Punk and they'd just cheer him more.

dude if he attacked daniel bryan that's a heel turn right there, stop reaching like he "had to attack the rock" c'mon now. shyt, if he attacks aj, that's a heel turn.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Again so miz, del rio, Orton , sheamus last wwe title reign did better business ?? and we're more memorable ? You guys saying this but based off what ?
Who should have the belt cena ? What heel beside punk is even over , Vickie ?

So we attribute all the ratings to punk ? I guess he should transcend mnf ,?
Show me were cena as champ was outrating football

Summer slam , noc , mitb wrestlemania show ppv growth I guess since punks champ he should get the credit right ??:lawd: cause he's getting all the blame
You think Vince looks at the ratings and says wow punk gained viewers while shame vs Barrett lost viewers punks a failure ???
@R=G you can't compare the 10 pm of a 2 hour show to 3 hour show. But even with that comparison if the breakdown shows the segment before punk lost viewers how is that punks fault
Ryback who some people want to win isn't gaining any viewers but punks a disappOintment?

Of course I can compare it. Thats the new standard. The 10pm use to be a winning hour. EVEN if the 3 hour format was not accepted by the mass at large, they could always go back to their OWN personal range of things and watch the two hours they're used to and by that account, the 10pm hour should still be a winner instead of losing viewers by the month now. shyt has been a complete joke since Raw 1000. McMahon segments saved some shows from being ALL TIME 1995 disaster levels on the rating historys records recently but that is as far as it goes. There are no memorable promos or anything. Bryan had the arena red hot with "This is Awesome" chants but even that wasn't enough to turn the tide for the everyday viewer.

dude if he attacked daniel bryan that's a heel turn right there, stop reaching like he "had to attack the rock" c'mon now. shyt, if he attacks aj, that's a heel turn.

When AJ stole the spotlight after Over the Limit, she had the entire crowd chanting for her and popping big when she pushed Punk through that table. Show went off to her on the second rope and the crowd going "YES! YES! YES!" with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Daniel Bryan isn't a face if anything he's a tweener and by the way punk was still getting cheered after that . He had to start berating the fans versus cena to get real boos.
He attacked rock and got some cheers , he attacked king , destroyed king in a cage ,, kicked his head in and got positive reactions . The crowd likes him more than cena he had to keep attacking the crowd ANd bring in heyman to get boos.
It's almost like you don't watch you just make up stuff to hate on punk :leostare:
He sell merch and gets positive ratings on his segments .you think wwe thinks he's not marketable ? He's got a DVD and the cover of the game . You think that's a accident ? He does interviews on the talk shows and Everything why do you think that is ?