Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
You a got a fukking Miz stan in this thread talking shyt about Punk's inability to boost ratings. :mindblown:

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check my history, I stay out of these rating talk, but didn't someone above post evidence that showed that over the last month~, Punk segments has consistently gained viewers?

don't give a shyt either way tho :troll:
punkgang

Yes but apparently he should raise the rating single handed.:usure: what they ignoring is one it's a 3 hour show now :comeon: it's harder to bring the shows ratings up and with him always gaining viewers should he also be on every single segment in the show?
I love how they want to act like cena has attitude era ratings :usure:

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They MAJORLY fumbled with Punk by sticking him with HHH & Nash but there's no reason in this world or the next that he shouldn't be a huge star and draw at this point. I'm a Punk fan but I agree they've handed this guy EVERYTHING on a silver platter and while the storylines are good/decent, he just isn't connecting with the audience on a grand scale and he will never be "that guy". If not now, then never. He just doesn't have it in him. He's definitely a top star and he's over but he's not a draw (Orton syndrome).

even if you put the whole "drawing" perspective to the side, this dude's run has been underwhelming to say the least. the forgotten reign. he's best known for desperately trying to call out steve austin at this point.

the rock comes in to the 1000th raw, gives this dude the biggest heel turn imaginable, like could he have turned on anyone else bigger?! and he continues to bore the shyt out of crowds. then they added heyman because he needed the boost.

stop the excuses !

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
even if you put the whole "drawing" perspective to the side, this dude's run has been underwhelming to say the least. the forgotten reign. he's best known for desperately trying to call out steve austin at this point.

the rock comes in to the 1000th raw, gives this dude the biggest heel turn imaginable, like could he have turned on anyone else bigger?! and wwe books him as the generic chicken shyt heel with a lack of over faces for him to go over and fued with which bores the shyt out of crowds. then they added heyman because they thought it would magically fix their bad booking
stop the excuses !

Fixed:mjpls:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol @ the forgotten reign

u guys cant stop talkin bout dude week in and week out
he is hands down the most talked about wrestler in 2012

lets compare the amount of cm punk topics vs the amount of austin aries and jeff hardy topics, now those are forgotten reigns :umad:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ the forgotten reign

u guys cant stop talkin bout dude week in and week out

lets compare the amount of cm punk topics vs the amount of austin aries and jeff hardy topics, now those are forgotten reigns :umad:

I know lol look at the excitement hell in the cell getting , night of champions got a bump due to punk yet they on this failed reign thing . Like del rio, shame , miz , Orton wwe title reigns are more memorable :beli: they just say stuff

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps

:whoa:

Let's not get carried away here...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They messed up his character too much.

Instead of letting people eventually on their own join onto him like Stone Cold, they made him too much a face and made people like him.

Then he got corny.

Now he's a heel again but it aint workin b/c they didnt do it right to begin with

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yes but apparently he should raise the rating single handed.:usure: what they ignoring is one it's a 3 hour show now :comeon: it's harder to bring the shows ratings up and with him always gaining viewers should he also be on every single segment in the show?
I love how they want to act like cena has attitude era ratings :usure:

3 hours or not, the 10pm has been the least watched for quite some time. That NEVER, EVER happened on a regular basis. Not even during the horrible first half of the 90s.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Seriously you can't blame it on Punk not being a draw. You have to sit through almost 2 hours and 30 minutes of mediocrity to even get to whatever Punk is bringing to the table for the night. Punk is a good champ, but he's only gonna be as good as the competition they give him. Are they giving him a legitimate contender this month? Are they steadily building someone up in the midcard to bring to the main event scene for next month? The roster is so weak that when he does get a good feud they stretch it for two or three consecutive ppvs thus making any future encounters unbearable and redundant. If they want to test if the ratings waters for a bit though, have D-Bry win the title on the Raw after HIAC.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Where did this goofy notion come from that whichever guy you make champ affects ratings (rather than the overall product itself)? Is there ANY actual evidence of this ever being the case or is it just another wrestlefag trope to pretend like you have support for shytty opinions?

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Booking is getting zero flack for the ratings moonwalk.

CM Punk beats Cena at SS, gets powerbombed, cashed in on. Had this not happened he'd have the year already.

HHH/Nash we already know.

Instead of Jericho/Punk being best of the best it's a fukking DARE program.

Dbry/Punk instead of a feud centered around these two tearing the house down, 3/4 of all of their shyt revolves around AJ and Kane gets thrown in.

Punk gets shyt on by Eve. :mindblown:

Punk/Cena has a great promo about Punk only memorable moment from this reign being blowing Vince the kiss, when that was LAST reign. That cash-in fukked shyt up.

Legends coming out to tell Punk you have to beat Cena when he's already beaten Cena every time. The dusty finish didn't help because the visual of Cena pinning Punk isn't doing him any favors.

Who was the last E champ to be booked midcard4life? Oh yeah, Punk. :aicmon:

His segments CONSISTENTLY bring in 400k-million viewers. Any other superstar does it ONCE and it's OMG :wow: gr8est moment ever I'll never forget where I was :to: Punk does it and big deal, Miz could've done that :wrist:

Dude went from top face to top heel in less than a year and people still shyt on him.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
The WWE has given the IWC what they wanted, a lengthy Punk reign and had him constantly going over Cena. While that is what we wanted the typical fan and PPV orderer doesn't so ratings go down.