Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
am i the only one actually enjoying the last few Raw shows? i think imah spend money on the upcoming PPV. Ryback is like Goldberg 2.0 imo
CM Punk is like my new favorite wrassler

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
you tellin me Raw is complete shyt now? :duck:

I said what I said :comeon:

1AStZ.gif

:birdman:

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Breh, attitude midcard had the fukking ODDITIES, TRUTH COMISSION, GODWINS, fukkin LOD2000, the quebecers, new midnight express...ALL BUSHES :rudy:

Justin Gabriel, yoshi tatsu, zach...this midcard is BETTER than then that shyt

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENzmoF8fOos#t=290s"]Judgment Day 2000 Kurt Angle Edge & Christian vs Too Cool & Rikishi 2/2 - YouTube[/ame]

These nikkas outpopping everyone currently, dudes were crazy over :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
How much of this is Vince's fault that they cut Punk's run off at the knees since that worked shoot? Well, since the MITB match? Vince and the writers made it seem like beating Cena twice that summer didn't mean shyt in the grand scheme of things. They put Punk into pointless feuds with Nash and Triple H(and why did Punk have to lose to Triple H?). They made him seem like an afterthought compared to Cena even though Punk was/is the WWE champ(when has Vince ever done that to Austin, Rock, HHH, or Cena when they were the WWE champ?). Then you have Foley and JR basically saying his reign doesn't mean shyt unless he beats Cena; again. And you wonder why the ratings with Punk as champ suck ass? Granted, Punk's not marketable in the way that a Cena or Orton or even Sheamus is, but it the E's own damn fault that they killed Punk's momentum the way they did.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Good God some of you imbeciles act as if Creative doesnt exist...and act as if the mid card and addition of another hour are irrelevant to the ratings the show get

This board..even on TSC is delusional as fck :snoop:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
so Vince gives the guy a 300+ day reign, like 5th longest in history or something like that, and it's Vince's fault now?

excuses must stop.

lol @ you thinking having the title for 300+ days means anything when you're booked as a sideshow to HHH, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, and anyone else that used to be popular 5-10 years ago. Lol @ that very thing being thrown in Punk's face in the only time that he's actually been treated like the WWE Champion

:stopitslime:

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No matter which side of the argument you're on, no other champion and history has been afforded the long list of excuses that Punk gets.

I don't think it's that the board is delusional...it's that for 15 years, the IWC has been the driving force behind the "champion is responsible for ratings" argument. Now that the numbers are tanking under the watch of their wet dream of a champion, they want to analyze the overall product, trends, booking, midcard, etc. "Who cares about the ratings, enjoy the show." That never happened for anybody else with the belt. Ever.

Just have to make sure that when (if) the ratings rebound, credit goes to Vince, the writing team and midcard for making it happen.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No matter which side of the argument you're on, no other champion and history has been afforded the long list of excuses that Punk gets.

I don't think it's that the board is delusional...it's that for 15 years, the IWC has been the driving force behind the "champion is responsible for ratings" argument. Now that the numbers are tanking under the watch of their wet dream of a champion, they want to analyze the overall product, trends, booking, midcard, etc. "Who cares about the ratings, enjoy the show." That never happened for anybody else with the belt. Ever.

Just have to make sure that when (if) the ratings rebound, credit goes to Vince, the writing team and midcard for making it happen.

preach :yes: 20/20 on the money.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
They MAJORLY fumbled with Punk by sticking him with HHH & Nash but there's no reason in this world or the next that he shouldn't be a huge star and draw at this point. I'm a Punk fan but I agree they've handed this guy EVERYTHING on a silver platter and while the storylines are good/decent, he just isn't connecting with the audience on a grand scale and he will never be "that guy". If not now, then never. He just doesn't have it in him. He's definitely a top star and he's over but he's not a draw (Orton syndrome).