Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Foley and Taker were ahead of DX on the card...they were just merch movers historically.

Undertaker is bigger and more credible than Punk or Cena but he's not there every week and shouldn't be since he's like 47 or something. The truth is....they've had multiple chances to build guys up since 2005 and you know all of those names by now and they didn't do it. They keep putting Cena, Batista, and Blandy over. But only one guy really drew out of that mix up and that's why they're in the paradox they stay in.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
True, I'm not saying that the midcard was anywhere close to the heavyweights (rock,austin) ... just that they mattered a hell of a lot more than they do now.

on a scale of 1-10, if rock,austin,mcmahon were a 10, DX was an 8, rest of card was maybe a 6.

Now you have punk/Cena who are a 7-8, and the rest of the card is like a 1 or a 2.

For an era to truly blow up, it needs to fire on all cylinders. I dunno if any one man by himself can pull it out of this slump without the rest of the team stepping up too.

Punk certainly ain't that Rock/Austin guy. Sometimes I think we were just spoiled to have 2 of the 3 GOAT talents coming up in the same era. That will probably never happen again.

Breh, attitude midcard had the fukking ODDITIES, TRUTH COMISSION, GODWINS, fukkin LOD2000, the quebecers, new midnight express...ALL BUSHES :rudy:

Justin Gabriel, yoshi tatsu, zach...this midcard is BETTER than then that shyt

Sent from Seattle, by way of Ann Arbor on Tapatalk: The Remix

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That was just like 1998, man:laugh: The 2000 midcard shyts over the main event scene of today with ACCUSTOMED ease. Godfather was more over in 1999 and 2000 than CM Punk was on his best day.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Maybe we don't give two fukks about ratings because we aren't getting paid for any of that shyt.

ratings aside tho, punk just hasn't been that good at all in this entire run. the 2 months of brock was >>> over his entire reign

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That was just like 1998, man:laugh: The 2000 midcard shyts over the main event scene of today with ACCUSTOMED ease. Godfather was more over in 1999 and 2000 than CM Punk was on his best day.

And santino at elimination chamber was more over IN RING than godfather ever was...what is your point?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well for one...one was seen as more credible week to week and fans was more invested..not just some one night Rocky balboa routine that got over really well playing off of a slick top heel who kept winning.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
"what we had in 1998 was three of the top draws of all time (mick foley, steve austin, and the rock).....you will never see a ratings boom like that again, and the buisness will never be that good again....."-Vince Russo (Yes Im quoting Vince Russo)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
And santino at elimination chamber was more over IN RING than godfather ever was...what is your point?

santino is actually the number 2 over person in wwe. they should have given him the belt months ago. nikka never wins and still doesn't lose his heat :heh:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Arguments like these are pure fukkery.

If they like the champ, then it's the product as a whole that's killing ratings.

If they don't (Diesel), then it's the guy who's single-handedly destroying business.

It's not an argument, it's a bunch of people cherry picking and flip flopping to suit their own agenda. For all those that rip in to Diesel's run...do any of you seriously remember that era? It was the shyts. They deserved the low ratings. Couldn't blame that any more on him than you can blame Punk now.

Austin/Rock were great, but can you hoenstly tell me that if you stuck McMahon/Austin in the middle of 1995 w/ Doink, TL Hopper and the Repo Man that wrestling would've blew up?

Austin was/is great but it was a synergistic effect with the product as a whole. My boys back in middle school weren't just sayin the rock's shyt, they were quoting DX, Val Venis, hell I remember people doing the D-LO brown headshake. Everyone was over to a degree. The whole look of the product, from the intro to the music to the look of the set, the graphics...everything was on.

Long story short, Punk AIN'T that Austin/Rock guy, and the supporting acts suck too. That combo = the shyt ratings that they deserve.

It's not even about the rating number, it's the trend... and the trend is heading down.

:clap:

Word, I remember nikkaz in middle school walking up to a group of girls doing the Val Venis, "Hellllooooooo Ladies." The entire roster and product was over. Plus, now that show is 3 plus hours. I aint watchin that whole fukking shyt. I havent watched in live in months. Just fwd to the Bryan, Ziggler, and Punk stuff. The rest is straight :flabbynsick:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Well for one...one was seen as more credible week to week and fans was more invested..not just some one night Rocky balboa routine that got over really well playing off of a slick top heel who kept winning.

LOL who did godfather ever beat to be credible? I liked him but keep it thoro

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:clap:

Word, I remember nikkaz in middle school walking up to a group of girls doing the Val Venis, "Hellllooooooo Ladies." The entire roster and product was over. Plus, now that show is 3 plus hours. I aint watchin that whole fukking shyt. I havent watched in live in months. Just fwd to the Bryan, Ziggler, and Punk stuff. The rest is straight :flabbynsick:

Football practice was a giant wrestling reference...LOL @ sacking the scout team QB and doing SUCK IT chops on the way to the huddle :russ: