Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I ride for the Rock, but by the time he came around that **** was a team effort for a while, so you can't judge the man by carrying the show at that point because Austin and DX were already there.

DX wasn't doing jack shyt for ratings compared to the Rock and he passed Austin as a ratings king on Raw by 1999 even before he turned face. DX was never that big or even close. It's just revisionist history these days since Vince doesn't stay loyal to the guys who made him the most money and promotes those he has access to that aren't elsewhere at the time. They put Hogan like #21 or 25 on greatest stars of all time. So you know they're fukkED UP and BITTER big time about the real order of things.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
DX wasn't doing jack shyt for ratings compared to the Rock and he passed Austin as a ratings king on Raw by 1999 even before he turned face. DX was never that big or even close. It's just revisionist history these days since Vince doesn't stay loyal to the guys who made him the most money and promotes those he has access to that aren't elsewhere at the time. They put Hogan like #21 or 25 on greatest stars of all time. So you know they're fukkED UP and BITTER big time about the real order of things.

uhh whats wrong with that? if u ask me thats a little too high on that list and quite frankly he is lucky hes even mentioned in the top 25.. fukk HIM!

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Sheamus has proven himself time and time again.

Not to SOME people around here :comeon:

I fukks with Zigs and Bryan but it somewhat illustrates the the disconnect between what we think is out and what the casuals go for. Ratings still suck ass either way though. :manny:

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arguments like these are pure fukkery.

If they like the champ, then it's the product as a whole that's killing ratings.

If they don't (Diesel), then it's the guy who's single-handedly destroying business.

It's not an argument, it's a bunch of people cherry picking and flip flopping to suit their own agenda. For all those that rip in to Diesel's run...do any of you seriously remember that era? It was the shyts. They deserved the low ratings. Couldn't blame that any more on him than you can blame Punk now.

Austin/Rock were great, but can you hoenstly tell me that if you stuck McMahon/Austin in the middle of 1995 w/ Doink, TL Hopper and the Repo Man that wrestling would've blew up?

Austin was/is great but it was a synergistic effect with the product as a whole. My boys back in middle school weren't just sayin the rock's shyt, they were quoting DX, Val Venis, hell I remember people doing the D-LO brown headshake. Everyone was over to a degree. The whole look of the product, from the intro to the music to the look of the set, the graphics...everything was on.

Long story short, Punk AIN'T that Austin/Rock guy, and the supporting acts suck too. That combo = the shyt ratings that they deserve.

It's not even about the rating number, it's the trend... and the trend is heading down.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Arguments like these are pure fukkery.

If they like the champ, then it's the product as a whole that's killing ratings.

If they don't (Diesel), then it's the guy who's single-handedly destroying business.

It's not an argument, it's a bunch of people cherry picking and flip flopping to suit their own agenda. For all those that rip in to Diesel's run...do any of you seriously remember that era? It was the shyts. They deserved the low ratings. Couldn't blame that any more on him than you can blame Punk now.

Austin/Rock were great, but can you hoenstly tell me that if you stuck McMahon/Austin in the middle of 1995 w/ Doink, TL Hopper and the Repo Man that wrestling would've blew up?

Austin was/is great but it was a synergistic effect with the product as a whole. My boys back in middle school weren't just sayin the rock's shyt, they were quoting DX, Val Venis, hell I remember people doing the D-LO brown headshake. Everyone was over to a degree. The whole look of the product, from the intro to the music to the look of the set, the graphics...everything was on.

Long story short, Punk AIN'T that Austin/Rock guy, and the supporting acts suck too. That combo = the shyt ratings that they deserve.

It's not even about the rating number, it's the trend... and the trend is heading down.

Well people cared about the midcard, tag teams, promos, builds, feuds, the women....all of it. But don't kid yourself...none of that was ANYWHERE near as big as what was going on with Steve Austin, the Rock, and McMahon segments. The Austin stuff was doing alright but it was Mike Tyson that brought the attention that never left by post Rumble 98 too. That was a key factor.

The trend, as you say, is heading down because the top guy isn't GOOD enough or fascinating enough to turn heads and keep the attention on the high level. If you are truly great, you'll stand out in any era.

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well people cared about the midcard, tag teams, promos, builds, feuds, the women....all of it. But don't kid yourself...none of that was ANYWHERE near as big as what was going on with Steve Austin, the Rock, and McMahon segments. The Austin stuff was doing alright but it was Mike Tyson that brought the attention that never left by post Rumble 98 too. That was a key factor.

The trend, as you say, is heading down because the top guy isn't GOOD enough or fascinating enough to turn heads and keep the attention on the high level. If you are truly great, you'll stand out in any era.

True, I'm not saying that the midcard was anywhere close to the heavyweights (rock,austin) ... just that they mattered a hell of a lot more than they do now.

on a scale of 1-10, if rock,austin,mcmahon were a 10, DX was an 8, rest of card was maybe a 6.

Now you have punk/Cena who are a 7-8, and the rest of the card is like a 1 or a 2.

For an era to truly blow up, it needs to fire on all cylinders. I dunno if any one man by himself can pull it out of this slump without the rest of the team stepping up too.

Punk certainly ain't that Rock/Austin guy. Sometimes I think we were just spoiled to have 2 of the 3 GOAT talents coming up in the same era. That will probably never happen again.