Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
Have you seen the ratings break down week after week, all punks segments gain viewers and are usually the highest of the show, its the rest of the shytty show that gets the these massive losses.

The Lumberjacks main event with CM Punk vs. Sheamus gained 1,058,000 viewers for a 2.89 quarter rating.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 253,000 viewers. That match was one of the most talked about in recent weeks and finished with a 2.31 quarter rating - the lowest for a non-holiday RAW segment in 15 years, although this record was broken later in the night.

The Miz vs. Ryback and the backstage brawl with Layla, Eve Torres and Kaitlyn lost 613,000 viewers

Previous Raw

The CM Punk and Vince McMahon segment with Brodus Clay vs. Alberto Del Rio gained 161,000 viewers.

the opener with Big Show did a 2.82 quarter rating which is lower than most RAW openers

The final segment with Vince, Ryback, Punk and John Cena gained 766,000 viewers for a 3.10 overrun rating.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rare wrestler is one who can save an entire brand.

Austin was like that. He saved WWF.

I ride for the Rock, but by the time he came around that shyt was a team effort for a while, so you can't judge the man by carrying the show at that point because Austin and DX were already there.

Punk is not a failure because he couldn't save WWE.

Need to peep some principle decisions that held Punk back when he was on his meteoric rise and started outselling Cena's merch, for the first time in 5 years.

1. That Summer of Punk aftermath, BOOKING was getting talked about on TV and shyt, on news shows for the first time since Benoit, and WWE killed it. Go look at those vids during Comicon that summer when he crashed it with the belt
2. WWE storyline with Kevin Nash and HHH
- Nash high jacking Punk's storyline turning it into the "texted himself" shyt was some of the worse fukking writing from wrestling I've seen talk about killing momentum
- Having Punk lose to Triple H
3. WWE afraid to have Cena lose clean at anything
4. Del Rio winning the WWE title

Just all around #fukkery . If they'd gone Austin on him and legit launched him and let him run his mouth the way he did with the pipebomb promo in the first place, who knows what would have happened?

As of now, it's impossible to predict with the way WWE spiraled out of control.

Not to get too broad on this shyt, but remember the way they shot themselves in the foot with their own divas of doom storyline that paralleled the Punk shyt that summer? The crowd was popping for Beth and Natty, but instead of taking their cues from the audience, they pushed Kelly Kelly and had them losing over and over again, when what the fans wanted to see was the two wrestlers tear the shyt out of the divas where Kharma left off.

WWE dropped the ball on Punk on a greater scale, and it's impossible to say now whether he would've succeeded or failed. They were too scared to really pull the trigger, so just like with him main eventing in the midcard all year with a long title reign, taking a back seat to Cena gettin booed, it's impossible to say whether we'd have the same outcome of mediocre ratings or shyt could've changed.

That's my stance on it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
okay....

honestly the scenario seems like this:

Punk holding the belt for a solid year was one of the stipulations of his contract re-signing. Punk was the prolly the first wrestler to gain that much media attention with his kayfabe "pipebomb" promo since the attitude era.

Vince didnt want to lose that.

instead, Vince opted to make Punk the weakest smark champ in WWE history. Undercutting him in storylines while keeping his cash cow, Cena, as the top draw.

Already having a champ for a year and a main eventer, you don't really need anyone else to do anything but sometimes chase the belt.

This also means you have to crush "YES" chants, keep Orton boring and not promote Jon Moxlies.

Cant have TOO many over people going for the title that nobody wants.

I copy pasted this post ver batim from the "Conspiracy Theory" thread in Higher Learning, by the way.

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
Only guys that draw shyt these days is punk, cena and vince

ryback, bryan, orton, adr etc... are gonna be up and down every week, no one consistently wants to see them.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
sometimes I wonder if Vince really IS upset that he can't come up with any new successful ideas...

and anyone that comes up with a successful idea he either punishes them or kills their momentum out of jealousy.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Seriously you can't blame it on Punk not being a draw. You have to sit through almost 2 hours and 30 minutes of mediocrity to even get to whatever Punk is bringing to the table for the night. Punk is a good champ, but he's only gonna be as good as the competition they give him. Are they giving him a legitimate contender this month? Are they steadily building someone up in the midcard to bring to the main event scene for next month? The roster is so weak that when he does get a good feud they stretch it for two or three consecutive ppvs thus making any future encounters unbearable and redundant. If they want to test if the ratings waters for a bit though, have D-Bry win the title on the Raw after HIAC.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes I wonder if Vince really IS upset that he can't come up with any new successful ideas...

and anyone that comes up with a successful idea he either punishes them or kills their momentum out of jealousy.

I've wondered this too.

Punk was ready-made that summer, and it was by the FANS not WWE. Just like DB. Imagine how much different things would be if they didn't undercut wrestlers who got picked by the people. Even Ryder with his mediocre ring skills, dude was so over he had fans chanting for him when Rock was givin a speech. :mindblown:

WWE did everything they could to keep people under contract, but under thumb. They don't want to deviate from Vince McMahon's big vision, hence the constant Del Rio, Miz, Nash etc pushes.

In what world did CM Punk need to put HHH over? Or feud with Kevin Nash? NWO was great...10+ years ago...

Sometimes I felt like I was watching 2009-2010 TNA with that shyt. Could you imagine if they had Austin tap out against Bret? Or had Hogan come back on some shyt from WCW and big boot him and leave? :laff:

What the fukk does that do for Austin?

Frankly, with the #bookingfukkery they pulled on CM Punk, I'm surprised his fanbase is still as big as it is, and that his segments actually can still draw numbers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its unfair to blame Punk. I dont like the route of them burying the belt everyweek. Its easy for people like Mick Foley to talk all of that shyt about having memorable moments because look at who he worked with. He worked with Austin, Taker, Trips, Rock, The Hart Foundation and many others.

There isn't anybody on the roster currently that Punk can build and make memorable moments with. Aside from Y2J(whos considered old school) Vince Mchmahon(Who's older school) who has given Punk a big moment? His program with Bryan had potential but they were overshadowed by AJ

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Looks like he really is kliqed up now huh? 330 and counting bytches, stay mad. What if punk is the new Triple H!!!!

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Better buyrates > good ratings. And as far as I know he's only behind Cena selling merch.

No idea how's the house shows attendance in comparison with other years but saying he's a worse draw than those guys is a stretch.

You guys put WAAAAYYY too much importance to ratings when that shyt ain't that relevant nowadays. It's fun for stan wars and #TSCfukkery but in reality, ratings are the least important aspect when it comes to drawing money.

Daniel Bryan is the #1 selling merchandise star in the WWE right now....Punk packages DVD/shirt, Ryder, Cena, and Rock follow.

Daps
Zero flack? You have people :stylin: on this very site and :hamster: ever since Punk wasn't bringing in the numbers last year.

Check the internet CM Punk = non draw is a very popular opinion across the IWC. Because of this recent slide history will not look kindly on Punk in this aspect. Every week for over a year when Punk gets a bad segment or poor rating people are very quick to :heh: and :jawalrus: but whenever he gets good segments and good ratings no one points this out. No one talks about that these days despite the recent slide Punk segments are the only thing keeping Raw from getting Smackdown ratings.

Trust me, Punk gets serious flack for this slide. The difference between Punk and Diesel/Bret/HBK is the rise of the internet community.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
gizzle wtf u talkin bout dude, punk gets shytted on on a weekly basis by TSC'ers..

lol @ mentioning miz, dude was champion during wrestlemania season :pachaha: