Clerks 3 is finally happening...also Mallrats 2

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It's amazing he got 22 millz for a movie that was only made so he could make sure Jay wasn't on drugs. Great friendship.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
chasin' amy was aight but jay and silent bob is hands down my favorite film from kevin smith :yeshrug:
Jay and Silent bob is by far my fav....Smith is so hit or miss tho, like his movies are either great to me or some of the worst shyt ever put out. Zack and Miri was the last Smith movie I enjoyed.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Jay and Silent bob is by far my fav....Smith is so hit or miss tho, like his movies are either great to me or some of the worst shyt ever put out. Zack and Miri was the last Smith movie I enjoyed.

yup, jay and silent bob are my favorite as well

agreed on him bein' so hit and miss. that's exactly what i think

like cop out was wack as fukk. best thing about it was tracy morgan and even he was doin' his best with the script provided for him

zach and miri was cool for the most part. craig robinson is funny as fukk, it's his facial expression and the shyt he be sayin', lol. i just didn't like how tisa campbell embarrassed herself the last like 15 minutes of the movie. that was pathetic :snoop:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
like cop out was wack as fukk. best thing about it was tracy morgan and even he was doin' his best with the script provided for him

The script is really good, like really really good but the problem was the casting. Bruce did nothing and that forced Smith to allow Morgan to ramble and adlib anything. Had this been, lets see, Seann William Scott (Tracy) and Ed Harris/Richard Gere/Kurt Russell (Bruce) it could've been a classic.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The script is really good, like really really good but the problem was the casting. Bruce did nothing and that forced Smith to allow Morgan to ramble and adlib anything. Had this been, lets see, Seann William Scott (Tracy) and Ed Harris/Richard Gere/Kurt Russell (Bruce) it could've been a classic.

maybe :ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I listened to hollywood babble-on this morning and Kevin stated why he's doing Mallrats 2 so here it is typed up by another site:

"About a year and change now Jim Jacks, who was a producer on 'Mallrats,' died. And we talked about him during the show and what a good dude he was….'Mallrats' came out and died at the box office. It only found an audience later on. But for years Jim Jacks would always be like 'We should do a sequel.' Because when we were making the movie he was like 'This is gonna make $100 million.' He was obviously off his fukkin’ rocker. But he was like 'You’ve gotta come up with a sequel.' And I was like, 'I have one already.' 'What is it?' 'Mallrats 2: Die Hard in a Mall.' And he was like 'Oh that's perfect we’ll do it.'

So the movie came out, didn’t do any business and no talk of a sequel ever came up again at the studio and what not. But Jim Jacks never fukking lost faith. Even when I would kick 'Mallrats' and make fun of it, Jacks was always the guy going 'No man. Know what would be funny and what’s gonna redeem us? 'Mallrats 2: Die Hard in a Mall.' So it was one of those things that was an on going theme in his life.

As I said, he passed away a year ago. I had lost touch with him for quite a few years before that and this was the biggest fukking fan of movies you’ve ever known in your life. And 'Clerks' was the thing that kicked off my career but 'Mallrats' brought me into a complete different world and that movie doesn’t get made without this dude at Universal going “Let’s make it, let’s make it.”

So I felt real shytty about missing the last years of his life and I met some people who were like, 'We ate with Jim every fukking Thursday night and he still talked about you.' I hadn’t seen him in years and he was still talking about me and that movie. So a year ago I was sitting here talking about this shyt and I was like 'I wanna honor the man in some way' and this is how we’re gonna do it. We’re gonna finally make the movie I wish to Christ I made when he was living, man. So we're finally going to make 'Mallrats 2.'"

He's not saying he's definitely doing it as Die Hard in a Mall before anyone gets their panties in a tussle

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Mall rats 2 could he decent. I'm not a k smith fan but mall rats always had most potential. Maybe cuz it reminds me of being a mall rat..those were the days :mjcry:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
According to this week's Hollywood Babble-On:

Mallrats 2 shooting moved up to this year. :banderas:
Rene back too:gladbron:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
According to this week's Hollywood Babble-On:

Mallrats 2 shooting moved up to this year. :banderas:
Rene back too:gladbron:

I was wondering why he was promoting it this weekend:ohhh: is he filming it right after Clerks? I haven't listened yet, I'm saving it for my workout.

Rene is cool because I feel like she'd still be with Brodie but I want to know if Brandi is coming back. She's aged really well especially for a white woman