Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's like the DB's cover like they have no idea what the receivers are going to do most of the time. It's as if the coaches only teach them not to get beat deep. But every once in awhile they get beat deep anyway :snoop:
The corners didn't even get beat Sunday though lol. Why you attacking them? Brown and Lewis was ballin. Sammy and woods didn't do shyt.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Another problem is defenses are double teaming Beasley and containing him and Witten, especially on 3rd downs. That short passing game worked very well last year and helped with TOP and keeping this defense off the field. Defenses are stopping that and stacking the box to neutralize run game. Then, Dez isn't getting separation most of the times and o-line not providing that sustained pass protection like previous years consistently and the new guys going thru struggles and learning curve.

Is Rico coming back soon?

Would be nice to utilize him, Hanna, Brice and T-Will more. Currently, Bryce is the main one who can stretch the field. Offense gonna have to make defenses pay for clogging the middle of the field (Bease and Witten). Dak and Dez not on same page so Boys gonna have to figure out a way to keep defenses honest and open up the middle of the field.

Finally, play calling is way too predictable and needs tweaking. Looking at lineups before plays I can tell whats gonna happen too often. May can open running game using 2 RBs....gotta get more creative somehow. Shouldn't have punt the ball so much in 2nd half of Rams game.
we really miss swaim. he's our best run blocking TE and our line needs all the help they can get. witten is giving them nothing in run support.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
It's like the DB's cover like they have no idea what the receivers are going to do most of the time. It's as if the coaches only teach them not to get beat deep. But every once in awhile they get beat deep anyway :snoop:
Just imagine somebody running at you after a full speed 10 yard, and you’re turning to run with them and Jeff Heath has your back lol

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The corners didn't even get beat Sunday though lol. Why you attacking them? Brown and Lewis was ballin. Sammy and woods didn't do shyt.

Brown has given up some big plays this year.

Lewis is the only DB I trust at this point because he knows how to tackle and quarterbacks have actually avoided him st times.

Which makes me scratch my head as to why he's not starting.

Awuzie is a cornerback but they want him to play safety. Byron Jones was a corner in college and they're making him play safety. The entire makeup of the secondary is a mess. Players shouldn't have to be forced to learn multiple positions unless they want to. It just seems like most of the players roles on defense aren't clearly defined. Which is why I'm not excited about David Irving coming back because he's simply going to get lost in the rotation.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brown has given up some big plays this year.

Lewis is the only DB I trust at this point because he knows how to tackle and quarterbacks have actually avoided him st times.

Which makes me scratch my head as to why he's not starting.

Awuzie is a cornerback but they want him to play safety. Byron Jones was a corner in college and they're making him play safety. The entire makeup of the secondary is a mess. Players shouldn't have to be forced to learn multiple positions unless they want to. It just seems like most of the players roles on defense aren't clearly defined. Which is why I'm not excited about David Irving coming back because he's simply going to get lost in the rotation.
Lewis basically is starting since we're always in nickel. He's not taking Scandrick or Browns spot. Brown had one bad game against a hall of famer. Y'all trippin. Against ny and LA he was great. That adage that a good player never has two bad games in a row was tested with brown and he passed. Heath? Not so much :francis: I was wrong about him. And I agree about Awuzie sticking at corner. Byron doesn't have the mental makeup of a corner to me though. Doesn't seem to have any dog in him to be anything but average at cb. If you not a dog you better have some top flight athletic ability and he doesn't have it. Byron isn't a bust but he's just.........:yeshrug:not good or bad.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Ya'll listen to Talkin Cowboys or Cowboys Break? I like the shows (i listen) but they forever optimists. They apologize and make excuses for EVERYTHING.

Brian does a good job breaking things down but I feel he wants to say more but doesn't (probably cuz Jerry tells them what they can/can't say)

I just need to hear HONESTY. You guys/girls provide that here for me. Ya'll do a great job overall...Lots of insight from some of ya'll down there in TX

I'm starting to really feel like, until we get some competent coaches who aren't afraid to adjust their gameplan or change what isn't working, we won't win.

I hear the podcasts tell me the players are put in position, they just aren't executing, or whatever excuse they will give me. Why doesn't Dallas media look at the coaches. Not saying all of them are bad, but cats (the league) has schemed against us and we have no answer. I know our money situation hasn't been great, we've been almost handcuffed but there were some names out there (Haden, Bolden) that could have made instant impacts on the team now. Bolden couldve been that true number 2 we need and Haden could've provided at the least, depth at CB.

This trying to build without using ANY free agency is stupid. Not saying we leverage the farm, but c'mon man, we're literally not going for anything but JAGs. I like the system overall...draft is way more important than FA but we used to make little moves to help (La'Roi Glover comes to mind) but that's when we had a competent coaching staff. I'm just wondering if it isn't a little bit of arrogance that's creeped up in this team? Like we SUPPOSED to win before we go out and play? Last season was last season, we gotta get ourselves together... Hopefully this is just a down period bc of injuries...it better be, or we may be in some serious trouble going forward...these next 6 games are gonna basically decide our season

Talkin Cowboys.

Ambar garcia is awful

Yeah that broad is awkward as hell. Like why are you interrupting talking points to state the obvious.

"The Dallas Cowboy lost because we did not score enough point."

:mjlol:
Helman be talking right over her though. The Gbag Nation (105.3 10am-3pm) prolly the only Dallas Media members that speak the truth about the squad. One of the main points they made today was the blame falls on the coaches for allowing Jaylon to be out there embarrassing his self. Also, that Woods should be starting and such.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Yeah that broad is awkward as hell. Like why are you interrupting talking points to state the obvious.

Helman be talking right over her though. The Gbag Nation (105.3 10am-3pm) prolly the only Dallas Media members that speak the truth about the squad. One of the main points they made today was the blame falls on the coaches for allowing Jaylon to be out there embarrassing his self. Also, that Woods should be starting and such.

Dog, she be blowing me man...

I can live with the broken English....she be wilin tho. She said 186 something yards we got on the ground wasn't a lot of rushing yards. Like c'mon Derek, gotta bring decent women who know sports on the show.

I couldn't stand Taylor...one of them uppity cac chicks who has that elitist attitude. I only bear her now cuz I wanna hear Brian and Mickey

I wish I could get Dallas media, and hear what the local cats saying. I listen to the local media on the AM and FM stations here in the DMV area and for the most part the FM station (106.7 the Fan) keep it a buck cuz they not tied to the Redskins like the AM station (980) who are Redskins affiliates. They and the fans be going in when necessary on that FM station...that's what you wanna hear, the good bad and ugly about your squad. It makes you better fans

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

I can live with the broken English....she be wilin tho. She said 186 something yards we got on the ground wasn't a lot of rushing yards. Like c'mon Derek, gotta bring decent women who know sports on the show.

I couldn't stand Taylor...one of them uppity cac chicks who has that elitist attitude. I only bear her now cuz I wanna hear Brian and Mickey

I wish I could get Dallas media, and hear what the local cats saying. I listen to the local media on the AM and FM stations here in the DMV area and for the most part the FM station (106.7 the Fan) keep it a buck cuz they not tied to the Redskins like the AM station (980) who are Redskins affiliates. They and the fans be going in when necessary on that FM station...that's what you wanna hear, the good bad and ugly about your squad. It makes you better fans
I thought I was the only one, Taylor drops some subtle :mjpls: every once in a while, very elitist - typically white women shyt though. I always look forward to Mickey and Broadus getting into it over nun:lolbron:. Almost every show like clockwork. I listen to the DFW radio on my iPod mini at work, you should try this website (I think there is an app for it too) since you aren't in Dallas. Listen to 1053-THE-FAN on Radio.com

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

If you really want to hear truth about this team, you listen to bad radio on the ticket.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Redskins have some good local coverage. You can tell that They invest heavily into it. I lived in Milwaukee and baltimore and heard heir local coverage about their local teams and it's not as strong as the skins

Last edited: