Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They both some trash.

Miss me with this "he shouldn't be playing yet" when we picked him nikkas was saying he was a pick for 2017.

On some "it's basically a first round pick for 2017" shyt.

Now it's go time and he's still not ready???

He's not 100% healthy breh. My expectations for him this year were low.

:mjpls: And if you were hoping for him to be a playmaker on defense this year then that's your fault.

Furthermore this defense is garbage. It doesn't challenge players. It doesn't dictate what an opponents offense can and can't do. The plays they run are basic as fukk and because they don't call many plays, offenses can catch them slipping. This is why quarterbacks always complete a lot of passes against them. And while they rarely give up big plays which is what it's designed to Do, they simply get scared by a thousand cuts.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
nikkas picking on Jaylon Smith now :snoop:

He's done more on defense than Taco Charlton. Mind you he wasn't even supposed to get this many snaps. But. Because Hitchens got hurt they had no choice.
Taco's lack of production comes from having to play behind Crawford and not necessarily because Crawford's a better football player. I will say, Taco doesn't look like he has anything once his first move is shut off and he's pretty much done for the play. I mean, it could improve but that would come with more reps. When he's out there looking at Crawford as an example, that's what you're gonna see tho.

edit: I love whatever show that is that Nate talks on 103.3. He was shyttin' on the dline yesterday. He said Paea (or Price) ran a stunt by himself against the run on a play when they were breaking down film. I might rewatch the game to find it

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Dak seems to have good chemistry with Brice Butler. Maybe he needs more snaps.
I've been wanting than since 2016 preseason games (especially since that Miami game). Dak needs to build on his chemistry with Brice and use T-Will a lil more.

I saw good chemistry with Dez last year in the somewhat meaningless Detroit game and the playoff game last season...as well as the preseason game 95yd drive this year....but it just isn't there like in the past this year. Its both Dak and Dez and they not on same page.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
He's not 100% healthy breh. My expectations for him this year were low.

:mjpls: And if you were hoping for him to be a playmaker on defense this year then that's your fault.

Furthermore this defense is garbage. It doesn't challenge players. It doesn't dictate what an opponents offense can and can't do. The plays they run are basic as fukk and because they don't call many plays, offenses can catch them slipping. This is why quarterbacks always complete a lot of passes against them. And while they rarely give up big plays which is what it's designed to Do, they simply get scared by a thousand cuts.

If you're waiting for him to be "100% healthy" you're going to be waiting a long ass fukkin time :mjlol:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Im not gonna lie this play had me like :huhldup:

Its 100% on the coaches to put him in a better position. Maybe using him more as a blitzer where he can utilize straight line speed, clearly he cant plant that leg. Im not down on the kid at all just letting it be known I did say multiple times I would've taken Myles Jack in the 1st :ld:

Jack was hurt too tho..

Im not down on Jaylon. Sean Lee losing a step too.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Ya'll listen to Talkin Cowboys or Cowboys Break? I like the shows (i listen) but they forever optimists. They apologize and make excuses for EVERYTHING.

Brian does a good job breaking things down but I feel he wants to say more but doesn't (probably cuz Jerry tells them what they can/can't say)

I just need to hear HONESTY. You guys/girls provide that here for me. Ya'll do a great job overall...Lots of insight from some of ya'll down there in TX

I'm starting to really feel like, until we get some competent coaches who aren't afraid to adjust their gameplan or change what isn't working, we won't win.

I hear the podcasts tell me the players are put in position, they just aren't executing, or whatever excuse they will give me. Why doesn't Dallas media look at the coaches. Not saying all of them are bad, but cats (the league) has schemed against us and we have no answer. I know our money situation hasn't been great, we've been almost handcuffed but there were some names out there (Haden, Bolden) that could have made instant impacts on the team now. Bolden couldve been that true number 2 we need and Haden could've provided at the least, depth at CB.

This trying to build without using ANY free agency is stupid. Not saying we leverage the farm, but c'mon man, we're literally not going for anything but JAGs. I like the system overall...draft is way more important than FA but we used to make little moves to help (La'Roi Glover comes to mind) but that's when we had a competent coaching staff. I'm just wondering if it isn't a little bit of arrogance that's creeped up in this team? Like we SUPPOSED to win before we go out and play? Last season was last season, we gotta get ourselves together... Hopefully this is just a down period bc of injuries...it better be, or we may be in some serious trouble going forward...these next 6 games are gonna basically decide our season

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Another problem is defenses are double teaming Beasley and containing him and Witten, especially on 3rd downs. That short passing game worked very well last year and helped with TOP and keeping this defense off the field. Defenses are stopping that and stacking the box to neutralize run game. Then, Dez isn't getting separation most of the times and o-line not providing that sustained pass protection like previous years consistently and the new guys going thru struggles and learning curve.

Is Rico coming back soon?

Would be nice to utilize him, Hanna, Brice and T-Will more. Currently, Bryce is the main one who can stretch the field. Offense gonna have to make defenses pay for clogging the middle of the field (Bease and Witten). Dak and Dez not on same page so Boys gonna have to figure out a way to keep defenses honest and open up the middle of the field.

Finally, play calling is way too predictable and needs tweaking. Looking at lineups before plays I can tell whats gonna happen too often. May can open running game using 2 RBs....gotta get more creative somehow. Shouldn't have punt the ball so much in 2nd half of Rams game.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
And before season I was thinking Switzer was gonna be another security blanket for Dak. He just replacing Lucky Whitehead on PRs and doing worst.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Ya'll listen to Talkin Cowboys or Cowboys Break? I like the shows (i listen) but they forever optimists. They apologize and make excuses for EVERYTHING.

Brian does a good job breaking things down but I feel he wants to say more but doesn't (probably cuz Jerry tells them what they can/can't say)

I just need to hear HONESTY. You guys/girls provide that here for me. Ya'll do a great job overall...Lots of insight from some of ya'll down there in TX

I'm starting to really feel like, until we get some competent coaches who aren't afraid to adjust their gameplan or change what isn't working, we won't win.

I hear the podcasts tell me the players are put in position, they just aren't executing, or whatever excuse they will give me. Why doesn't Dallas media look at the coaches. Not saying all of them are bad, but cats (the league) has schemed against us and we have no answer. I know our money situation hasn't been great, we've been almost handcuffed but there were some names out there (Haden, Bolden) that could have made instant impacts on the team now. Bolden couldve been that true number 2 we need and Haden could've provided at the least, depth at CB.

This trying to build without using ANY free agency is stupid. Not saying we leverage the farm, but c'mon man, we're literally not going for anything but JAGs. I like the system overall...draft is way more important than FA but we used to make little moves to help (La'Roi Glover comes to mind) but that's when we had a competent coaching staff. I'm just wondering if it isn't a little bit of arrogance that's creeped up in this team? Like we SUPPOSED to win before we go out and play? Last season was last season, we gotta get ourselves together... Hopefully this is just a down period bc of injuries...it better be, or we may be in some serious trouble going forward...these next 6 games are gonna basically decide our season
Talkin Cowboys.

Ambar garcia is awful

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
nikkas picking on Jaylon Smith now :snoop:

He's done more on defense than Taco Charlton. Mind you he wasn't even supposed to get this many snaps. But. Because Hitchens got hurt they had no choice.

We need an Amber alert out for this dude :hhh:

Last week I was like "Man once we get another end on the other side of Lawrence"

Then I was like "wait didn't we draft one this year":ohhh::patrice::gucci:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Taco's lack of production comes from having to play behind Crawford and not necessarily because Crawford's a better football player. I will say, Taco doesn't look like he has anything once his first move is shut off and he's pretty much done for the play. I mean, it could improve but that would come with more reps. When he's out there looking at Crawford as an example, that's what you're gonna see tho.

edit: I love whatever show that is that Nate talks on 103.3. He was shyttin' on the dline yesterday. He said Paea (or Price) ran a stunt by himself against the run on a play when they were breaking down film. I might rewatch the game to find it

:mjlol::sadswagboyz: