Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Jaylon Smith looked like Bradie James out there :snoop: always running down a play and never making the play. He looked horrible yesterday but you know he's gonna get better with more snaps AND with Lee out there.

David Irving is needed in the worst way but again, I don't expect him to get rolling until probably week 7. Once the DL starts doing the damn thing, EVERYBODY on defense is gonna look better. There's things they can fix on the defense side of the ball (i.e benching Heath for Woods.) It's just to take a few weeks to get healthy and gel.

I expect this D to look better against GB, they can't run. Oline isn't that great and Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball.

Offensively, we're so fukked it's pathetic
:patrice: We’re ranked 14th in points per game

Ahead of:

Pitt
NO
Oak

12th in yards per game

Ahead of:
GB
Tenn
Oak
Pitt

If you take out the Denver game, we would be a top 10 offense :patrice:

If you also take out the Denver game, Dak would have a 101 passer rating :patrice:

Something to think about
UgU11yH.gif

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
This team is a mess. Win or lose.

There's no identity with the passing game.
A lot of talk about not knowing how to use Dez, we don't even know how to use Witten lol

Witten out there running timing routes but getting the ball on checkdown after Dak goes through progressions.

Something I hated so much, 5 yards passes to Witten, is really missed, just to keep the O on the field, to keep the chains moving. I wouldn't mind seeing Witten get hitting with some of those on 1st down
:patrice: We’re ranked 14th in points per game

Ahead of:

Pitt
NO
Oak

12th in yards per game

Ahead of:
GB
Tenn
Oak
Pitt

If you take out the Denver game, we would be a top 10 offense :patrice:

If you also take out the Denver game, Dak would have a 101 passer rating :patrice:

Something to think about
UgU11yH.gif
We're 13 for 38 on 3rd down through 4 games ---- 2 for 5 on 4th down

Dak is averaging 6.4 yards per pass

We've scored 7 touchdowns

We're holding the ball 28 minutes per game and our D is ass

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
A lot of talk about not knowing how to use Dez, we don't even know how to use Witten lol

Witten out there running timing routes but getting the ball on checkdown after Dak goes through progressions.

Something I hated so much, 5 yards passes to Witten, is really missed, just to keep the O on the field, to keep the chains moving. I wouldn't mind seeing Witten get hitting with some of those on 1st down

We're 13 for 38 on 3rd down through 4 games ---- 2 for 5 on 4th down

Dak is averaging 6.4 yards per pass

We've scored 7 touchdowns

We're holding the ball 28 minutes per game and our D is ass

This is the same shyt that happened after 2007. Romo and the offense flourished. They went 13-3 then lost in the divisional round at home.

The following year, teams adjusted and they were never the same.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is the same shyt that happened after 2007. Romo and the offense flourished. They went 13-3 then lost in the divisional round at home.

The following year, teams adjusted and they were never the same.

In fact the similarities are :dahell:

In 2007 Dallas had a new quarterback running a new offense that scored a lot of points. They went 13-3 before losing at home in the divisional round to a team they beat on the road during the regular season. They were the surprise team in the NFC. 2008 they were early super bowl favorites.

They used 2 high draft picks in 2008 (scandrick/jenkins) to select cornerbacks who would get significant playing time. 2017 it was (awuzie/lewis)Their best defensive lineman entering their 4th season would end up having a career high in sacks (Ware in 2008. So far Lawrence in 2017).

There was a since of entitlement before that season started, especially with hard knocks. Their best receiver (TO) complained about not getting the ball just like Dez Bryant isn't getting the ball. In 2008 teams were eventually able to catch up with the offense.

The only common denominator in all of this is :mjpls: Jason Garrett.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I like Dez and he is who he is, but man seeing Julio Jones perform and the chemistry he has with the QB makes me jealous we don't have anything close to that
We did:sas2:
Romo was a gunslinger. He was willing to throw to whoever. He made Miles Austin an all pro.

It's the offense breh.
Offense doesn't make you throw wildly inaccurate passes breh.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
In fact the similarities are :dahell:

In 2007 Dallas had a new quarterback running a new offense that scored a lot of points. They went 13-3 before losing at home in the divisional round to a team they beat on the road during the regular season. They were the surprise team in the NFC. 2008 they were early super bowl favorites.

They used 2 high draft picks in 2008 (scandrick/jenkins) to select cornerbacks who would get significant playing time. 2017 it was (awuzie/lewis)Their best defensive lineman entering their 4th season would end up having a career high in sacks (Ware in 2008. So far Lawrence in 2017).

There was a since of entitlement before that season started, especially with hard knocks. Their best receiver (TO) complained about not getting the ball just like Dez Bryant isn't getting the ball. In 2008 teams were eventually able to catch up with the offense.

The only common denominator in all of this is :mjpls: Jason Garrett.

We didn’t use our two first rounders in corners. We used the other high pick on Felix Jones. Scandrick got drafted in like round 5 that year.

Also we started off 3-1 and Romo got hurt which is why we probably went 9-7 (broken pinky).

But teams did figure out the simplicity of our offense. Our oline regresssed that year too and TO called out Garretts schemes.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I like Dez and he is who he is, but man seeing Julio Jones perform and the chemistry he has with the QB makes me jealous we don't have anything close to that
Problem with Dez is the offense and lack of a super talented wr core around.

He's no longer the "You can just have Dez and be good" type wr. However, you put somebody thats almost as talented (or put 2 or 3 other just really solid wrs out there) opposite of him he'll flourish.

Cowboys gotta use Dez like Larry Fitz. Put him in the slot. Move him around. When you've got speed all over the field it opens up things for Dez to really do his thing.

Cowboys have really average wrs outside of Dez and defenses know it. Witten is slow, T-Will/Butler...meh. Beasley is a solid slot wr, but he's no Edelman or Wes Welker.

Cowboys need to either develop or add two legit playmakers on the outside. Nothing will change until that happens.

Last edited: