Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
The fact that Switzer could create a huge, game-changing play and be right back out there shows a lack of accountability. The fact that he said 'won't be the last time' I do that shows a complete lack of fear in the organization.
Yo Switzers response really had me :gucci::hhh::francis:....just zero accountability

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Aye, I'm one of those types that looks for the positives...

Jourdan Lewis is playing man! I like what he brings to the table.

Seeing Demarcus Lawerence getting better makes me feel good, even if it is in a contract year :stopitslime:

Hopefully Irving coming back to the line will make things even better. Plus we gotta get Lee back out there. He is key on defense.

I agree with whomever said it (I'm not going all the way back to look lol), Jaylon is probably a year away from being a serious contributor for this squad. He's always just a step or two late/short. He makes tackles but I'm looking for big plays from him. Makes me mad at cats like Rolando (i know I probably shouldn't even bring his name up) cuz HE was a monster in the middle. That 2014 season with him manning the middle was beautiful. Wish we had 3 solid LBs that could pick up the slack on D. My prayer is that that defense starts to come around and gel together and play well into the season...

I didn't think this was gonna be a year like last year. My hope is that we can find and fix what's wrong, and go on a run later in the season. I'd rather go on a run like we did last year, later, than when we did last year at the beginning. :yeshrug:

I'ma keep hope alive. After four games, this is about the record I thought we'd be. 2-2, 3-1...We just didn't beat the opponents I thought we'd beat to get here. The play, and most importantly, the coaching HAS to get better. Can't just run every first down and we have to be a little more creative on offense as a whole. This ship can be righted, question is, WILL it?

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Aye, I'm one of those types that looks for the positives...

Jourdan Lewis is playing man! I like what he brings to the table.

Seeing Demarcus Lawerence getting better makes me feel good, even if it is in a contract year :stopitslime:

Hopefully Irving coming back to the line will make things even better. Plus we gotta get Lee back out there. He is key on defense.

I agree with whomever said it (I'm not going all the way back to look lol), Jaylon is probably a year away from being a serious contributor for this squad. He's always just a step or two late/short. He makes tackles but I'm looking for big plays from him. Makes me mad at cats like Rolando (i know I probably shouldn't even bring his name up) cuz HE was a monster in the middle. That 2014 season with him manning the middle was beautiful. Wish we had 3 solid LBs that could pick up the slack on D. My prayer is that that defense starts to come around and gel together and play well into the season...

I didn't think this was gonna be a year like last year. My hope is that we can find and fix what's wrong, and go on a run later in the season. I'd rather go on a run like we did last year, later, than when we did last year at the beginning. :yeshrug:

I'ma keep hope alive. After four games, this is about the record I thought we'd be. 2-2, 3-1...We just didn't beat the opponents I thought we'd beat to get here. The play, and most importantly, the coaching HAS to get better. Can't just run every first down and we have to be a little more creative on offense as a whole. This ship can be righted, question is, WILL it?
Good points...I really like Lewis and Woods. The more I see from Lewis...the less I regret not signing Mo and Carr.

I'm ready to see Irving come back...just hope he comes back as strong as he was and not be rusty.

Lee is very valuable to our defense and clearly our captain, heart and soul out there.

And man I am mad that Rolando McClain didn't pan out for us long term. He was key to Boys 2014 success and seemed to have a good relationship with Marinelli. He was a beast mos def but his personal issues and addictions was a detriment for his career longevity.

I hope Boys right ship but my confidence has gotten lower since yesterday's game. A home conference game against a good opponent like that are the games we need to win.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Low key Dak needs to add that Romo "pump fake/climb the pocket and throw it deep" to his arsenal.

Right now he's a bit predictable when its under 2 mins (no timeouts) and he needs a TD. He's mobile so he's gotta give the defense a real threat he might run and then use that to his advantage to set up a deep shot down the field.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Good points...I really like Lewis and Woods. The more I see from Lewis...the less I regret not signing Mo and Carr.

I'm ready to see Irving come back...just hope he comes back as strong as he was and not be rusty.

Lee is very valuable to our defense and clearly our captain, heart and soul out there.

And man I am mad that Rolando McClain didn't pan out for us long term. He was key to Boys 2014 success and seemed to have a good relationship with Marinelli. He was a beast mos def but his personal issues and addictions was a detriment for his career longevity.

I hope Boys right ship but my confidence has gotten lower since yesterday's game. A home conference game against a good opponent like that are the games we need to win.

Great points yourself fam...

and yup, losses like yesterday are games we need to pad record, and most importantly, get good positioning for the playoffs. Those are the wins that we must get back to. We handled those games great last year. It's really in OUR hands, we the only ones that can get this ship back right again

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Regardless if he's making plays or not he needs to be out there, because at least he's getting the experience that will help him next season. TBH it's unrealistic to expect big plays from someone who hasn't played in almost 2yrs.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Regardless if he's making plays or not he needs to be out there, because at least he's getting the experience that will help him next season. TBH it's unrealistic to expect big plays from someone who hasn't played in almost 2yrs.
Agreed he needs to be out there for experience.
*Only when Sean Lee is out there to help mask his limitations
:lolbron:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Jaylon Smith looked like Bradie James out there :snoop: always running down a play and never making the play. He looked horrible yesterday but you know he's gonna get better with more snaps AND with Lee out there.

David Irving is needed in the worst way but again, I don't expect him to get rolling until probably week 7. Once the DL starts doing the damn thing, EVERYBODY on defense is gonna look better. There's things they can fix on the defense side of the ball (i.e benching Heath for Woods.) It's just to take a few weeks to get healthy and gel.

I expect this D to look better against GB, they can't run. Oline isn't that great and Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball.

Offensively, we're so fukked it's pathetic