Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Dak struggles in the pocket I think can be attributed to the play design.

Our pass plays are all slow developing plays I think based off the fact that he coaching staff expected that great online to be able to give Dak some time to make the pass. That just hasn't been the case. They need to incorporate some 3 step drop pass plays to back the defense up off us.

This is true. Our offense is a variation of air coryell. This is what got Romo killed most of his career.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Dak struggles in the pocket I think can be attributed to the play design.

Our pass plays are all slow developing plays I think based off the fact that he coaching staff expected that great online to be able to give Dak some time to make the pass. That just hasn't been the case. They need to incorporate some 3 step drop pass plays to back the defense up off us.

This is true. Our offense is a variation of air coryell. This is what got Romo killed most of his career.

It's also the reason why

- Witten has over 1100 receptions. He mostly runs short routes, which means QB's defer to him.
- Teams blitz more when they want to stop the pass. Even if the offensive line holds, it still takes to long for WR's to run their route assignments which forces the QB to hold the ball too long.
- Makes ANY WR group look average as fukk. It's one thing to say Dez has lost a step or isn't a top WR, but it's another thing to ask him to consistently run routes that take too long to develop.

Like I said before. When Romo was the QB, he took the brunt of criticism for the offense because he changed a lot of the plays and had the authority to do whatever he wanted. With Dak, he's only going to do so much at this point. The coaches are clearly calling the shots and it shows that they can be out coached by most experienced coordinators.

Lastly. Ron Marinelli gets too much praise and too much credit for not doing jack shyt. He's been in Dallas too long for people to keep copping pleas about the lack of talent on defense. Taco Charlton is a prime example.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
These fukkboys buy into their own hype after every decent year and it’s up to the HC to keep them focused and humble which his bytch ass (Garrett) can’t do.

My hatred for this nikka is deep brehs. Like I dead ass don’t feel emotion during losses because I tell myself this increases the chances of him getting canned.

Also, Dak has some serious accuracy issues from the pocket this year. Part of it is the line not playing as well as last year but it’s still no excuse.

Beasley is actually starting to get double teams and you can legitimately see the frustration in his face. It was most noticeable on the Brice Butler TD. Dude just walked to the sideline and usually will celebrate with everyone after the TD.

What’s sad is the division is pretty much trash and will keep us in the mix all the way until the end so we’ll be engaged as we are now all the way to week 17.

Dak is a franchise QB but we can’t expect him to do all the things Romo did. Romo hid a lot of warts on this offense/team
Double Beas/Witten...let Dak and Dez figure out their chemistry issues. That's what teams will do to us. This team is a hot mess.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's also the reason why

- Witten has over 1100 receptions. He mostly runs short routes, which means QB's defer to him.
- Teams blitz more when they want to stop the pass. Even if the offensive line holds, it still takes to long for WR's to run their route assignments which forces the QB to hold the ball too long.
- Makes ANY WR group look average as fukk. It's one thing to say Dez has lost a step or isn't a top WR, but it's another thing to ask him to consistently run routes that take too long to develop.

Like I said before. When Romo was the QB, he took the brunt of criticism for the offense because he changed a lot of the plays and had the authority to do whatever he wanted. With Dak, he's only going to do so much at this point. The coaches are clearly calling the shots and it shows that they can be out coached by most experienced coordinators.

Lastly. Ron Marinelli gets too much praise and too much credit for not doing jack shyt. He's been in Dallas too long for people to keep copping pleas about the lack of talent on defense. Taco Charlton is a prime example.
This shyt about Dak not changing the plays is bullshyt. Maybe they reigned it in but earlier he was definitely looking like Romo Jr with the switched play calls. Y'all gotta stop that shyt. Dak played ok but it does seem like the book is currently out on him because when its a play out side the pocket he does the thing but in the pocket not as much. I think he will get better but I don't know how much so during the season. If GB wack ass D do the same thing I think we got a legit problem for this season.

I agree with Rod but he really doesn't have talent. Imagine if he had the equivalent of the O on D? I don't know how much of,that is his doing though but he needs to do better with what we got.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The celebrity status that surrounds this organization has been a constant dark cloud.

And it's been that way since the end of the 90s run. Losing had been acceptable because being a cowboy as a player you get the same amount of exposure and perks that go along with a championship organization.

Very little humility. Too much complacency. And it doesn't matter what free agent you sign or who you draft. In the in they all fall off the same cliff.

I was honestly more content during the Dave Campo era because at least I knew the team sucked. There were no illusions.

Every since Romo took over every year has been a perpetual boy how cried wolf.

The Dallas Cowboys Who Cry Wolf.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This shyt about Dak not changing the plays is bullshyt. Maybe they reigned it in but earlier he was definitely looking like Romo Jr with the switched play calls. Y'all gotta stop that shyt. Dak played ok but it does seem like the book is currently out on him because when its a play out side the pocket he does the thing but in the pocket not as much. I think he will get better but I don't know how much so during the season. If GB wack ass D do the same thing I think we got a legit problem for this season.

I agree with Rod but he really doesn't have talent. Imagine if he had the equivalent of the O on D? I don't know how much of,that is his doing though but he needs to do better with what we got.

Dak leaves the pocket to buy more time for the receivers to get open.

And Romo did more than just change plays. He had way more options. He basically had Payton Manning type authority. With Dak he probably only has a handful of audible options.

But with Dak and Romo because of the routes, they still get pressured way too much. Romo took a lot of chances which led to mistakes.

And maraneli has enough talent. The problem with this defense is 90% mental and 10% effort.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
And Carrot Top preaches rkg but how can he justify that by not cutting back Switzer's snap especially after his response to that turnover. That was the turning point of the game.
The fact that Switzer could create a huge, game-changing play and be right back out there shows a lack of accountability. The fact that he said 'won't be the last time' I do that shows a complete lack of fear in the organization.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Theres no point in calling for Garrett to get fired. He will be here the next two seasons minimum. We need better players on defense, plain and simple. We need two safeties, another LB, a 1-tech, and another DE to pair up with DLaw. Nothing will change until that happens.

If the team quits on him like they did Wade, it will force Jerry's hand. Dude got beat by two 1st year coaches and we're only four games in this season. I'd like to say I see a path to the SB, but it's hard to see that with Garrett.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If the team quits on him like they did Wade, it will force Jerry's hand. Dude got beat by two 1st year coaches and we're only four games in this season. I'd like to say I see a path to the SB, but it's hard to see that with Garrett.
They wont quit on him, so theres no reason to get our hopes up for that. We are stuck with him

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life and had my biggest bet of the season on Rams +7 and Rams ML.

I expected this......Our defense is TRASH

Unfortunately we have Aaron Rodgers coming next week :mjcry:
A well rested Rodgers at that