Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Witten been needed to be trashed but he restructured and is making what, $1.5 mil this year? I don't see Dez doing that so yeah, money is the reason.

Considering age and potential, for the same ballpark of money I'm taking Watkins over Dez at this point. I think most teams would.
Sammy Watkins is just a deep threat WR who is an underachiever, you don't pay 16mil for that.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
i was just joking about the close to tears thing.

im actually crying a lil bit.

especially the play when Dez ran through 100 cardinals defense and summoned his inner beast to get us a touchdown last year. he loved being a cowboy and wanted nothing more but to win.

the sad part is i think he still goin root for us, even tho we did him so cotdamn dirty.

edit - imagine not appreciating this man for his desire and passion FOR US.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
How can money be the reason when from everything we've currently heard it wasn't any talk of a paycut?

I don't believe nothing that come out of The Star or these bum ass reporters bro. Different writers covering this team got diff agendas.. Fisher is in Dez pocket, other dudes anti-Dez trying to create a narrative the locker room hated him. It's all diff. reports from different nikkas.

To me there is no logical way for me to believe that no talk of a pay cut was ever talked between the team and Dez agent. Remember at the end of last year when a reporter asked him about taking a pay cut he said "Hell no" so he does not strike me as the type of nikka that was gonna take less. He thought he was still elite, team didn't. shyt happens.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I don't believe nothing that come out of The Star or these bum ass reporters bro. Different writers covering this team got diff agendas.. Fisher is in Dez pocket, other dudes anti-Dez trying to create a narrative the locker room hated him. It's all diff. reports from different nikkas.

To me there is no logical way for me to believe that no talk of a pay cut was ever talked between the team and Dez agent. Remember at the end of last year when a reporter asked him about taking a pay cut he said "Hell no" so he does not strike me as the type of nikka that was gonna take less. He thought he was still elite, team didn't. shyt happens.
If you think about it you're still not making sense because if it was about money why wouldn't they leak it was? That's the quickest way to get most folks esp whites to turn on you saying someone (esp black athlete) making millions was too greedy. That's why I don't think money was the issue because it would be better for the team if it was.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
If you think about it you're still not making sense because if it was about money why wouldn't they leak it was? That's the quickest way to get most folks esp whites to turn on you saying someone (esp black athlete) making millions was too greedy. That's why I don't think money was the issue because it would be better for the team if it was.

I don't think they need to leak shyt, I mean the proof is in the pudding. They save $8m with the cut, free up a ton of money, by getting rid of a declining WR who is about to be 30. You don't really need to create a narrative as to why you would do that. It should be pretty obvious to everyone looking at it logically.

Now obviously I cant say 100% there werent other issues but I don't think other "issues" would matter if he wasn't making so much money.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
If fukked they didn’t release sooner so he could cash in.

This was the right decision for both parties. The Cowboys offense has changed. Dak style is not Tony’s style. Dez needs a thrower not a game manager. Dak is also still learning.

Kinda reminds me when Seahawks signed Jimmy Graham. Why? He didn’t fit that offense style and Russ is not that type of thrower. So why have all that money tied up in one position.

It’s business.