Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
All of the Dez brehs should be happy right now.

It sounds like Dez is willing to take a pay cut. :francis:

Jerruh is a shrewd businessman. :hhh:

He broke Dez down. :hhh:

If it was Dez dealing with just Stephen, I doubt he takes that paycut, but with Jerry, he knows Jerry takes care of his guys after football, so if he is even considering a paycut, I'm sure it is due to a promise from Jerry.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but we shall really see if Dak can look better this year or are we going to have to look at a qb in the draft next year early. If he has a season like last year I think you have to. I doubt he will though with Zeke being back so we will probably be stuck being honest. Saying that I wish him the best just think dude only likes to throw when your wide open and that doesn't work as the nfl on top of not being the most accurate.
He’s driving Zeke value up if he’s that dependent on a dominant running game to succeed in this league. It’s going get real interesting if Zeke continues to have seasons like his rookie year. Nobody likes to pay running backs anymore

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't want to deal with the fukkery from the Eagles fans. :francis:

They are going to make us pay for what Drew Pearson did last year on top of them just winning the Super Bowl.

I might not even watch the draft for this reason. :francis:

They're going to hit us with that ether. :francis:
i wouldn’t sweat it. I was there. That wasn’t just eagles fans. It was every non-cowboys 8in the building.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Why are nikkas caping for Dez so hard. Is he THAT much of a difference maker on this team? Does his skill set bridge the gap between 1995 and the next championship?

Hell fukking no. Dallas went all in on Dak. Last year, Dez had an opportunity to elevate the passing game with Zeke gone and he blew it. So if he's gone or is forced to take a pay cut, that's all on him.

He should know the offense like the back of his hand. He should know how to get open and find weaknesses in defensive coverage's. nikkas want to blame Dak when he was spoon fed the offense as a rookie and was still learning it in year 2.

NONE of the wide receivers looked out for Dak last year and it showed. So if he wants to complain about not getting the ball and taking a pay cut, he should look in the mirror.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Why are nikkas caping for Dez so hard. Is he THAT much of a difference maker on this team? Does his skill set bridge the gap between 1995 and the next championship?

Hell fukking no. Dallas went all in on Dak. Last year, Dez had an opportunity to elevate the passing game with Zeke gone and he blew it. So if he's gone or is forced to take a pay cut, that's all on him.

He should know the offense like the back of his hand. He should know how to get open and find weaknesses in defensive coverage's. nikkas want to blame Dak when he was spoon fed the offense as a rookie and was still learning it in year 2.

NONE of the wide receivers looked out for Dak last year and it showed. So if he wants to complain about not getting the ball and taking a pay cut, he should look in the mirror.
Dak is trash breh

Yall nikkas will learn sooner or later

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Dez blew it, I guess all our we blew it because all their production dipped but only Dez gets singled out and vilified for lack of production.

I saw every game. Dak accuracy wasn’t good. Ppl need to move on from last season and just focus on this upcoming season. It will be more telling of whose progressing and regressing than last season was.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Dak is trash breh

Yall nikkas will learn sooner or later

If he's trash then what's the point of keeping Dez then because clearly, they're not clicking.

And what will they do this year? Draft a QB. They don't have a high enough pick. They're not signing Manzel or Kaepernick. Meanwhile Dez will be 31 next year.
If they draft a QB next year, it will be another year of growing pains.

If they fix the defense, and run the ball, then all Dak has to do is play like he played in 2016. Dez missed time and Dak still played well.

And statistically, Dak isn't trash.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If Dez blew it, I guess all our we blew it because all their production dipped but only Dez gets singled out and vilified for lack of production.

I saw every game. Dak accuracy wasn’t good. Ppl need to move on from last season and just focus on this upcoming season. It will be more telling of whose progressing and regressing than last season was.

Terrance Williams was a free agent last year but no team wanted him so he came back.
Cole Beasley, is a role player and teams basically double teamed him, which means Dez drew A LOT of single coverage last year.
Witten is :flabbynsick: so if you expected a lot from him that's your own damn fault.
Butler for whatever reason couldn't beat out Williams or Beasley which speaks to the level of his production.

SO yeah. They all sucked. But Dez is the ONLY WR with the $16.5 million dollar cap hit this year. So obviously he's supposed to get singled out. In fact, ever since he signed his contract, he hasn't duplicated the production that earned him that deal in the first place. Part of it was due to injuries, the other part was him not becoming a better route runner, dropping pass, complaining on the sidelines and putting a target on his back.

At the end of the day, I'm content with whatever happens. If he stays he stays. But he's going to be scrutinized even harder. If he goes, well, what are they going to miss? Teams weren't double teaming him anymore so its not like he was making shyt easier for the other WR's on the field. :manny: