Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2012-2014 was before Dez start getting hurt on his lower body.

It's hard trying to throw a catchable ball to a receiver that isn't getting any separation and is relying on his athleticism that isn't there anymore.

Dez never tried to develop his game post-athleticism.

Dez never learned how to adjust his route to the defensive coverage.

He have to be told what to do and I also blame Garrett for that as well.

In a way Romo masked not a lot of warts on the offense. First he masked a shytty offensive line. It got him hurt and shortened his career as a result. Then he made flawed receivers look better than they actually were at times.

I blame Romo for Dez's lack of progression partially because he was with him during his best years. Romo lacked discipline and was recklace at times which transferred throughout the enter team, including the defense. Players blowing assignments. Players freestyling trying to play hero ball.

Jason Witten it seems was and is the only one that runs correct routes and it's why he has so many catches and is still playing.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In a way Romo masked not a lot of warts on the offense. First he masked a shytty offensive line. It got him hurt and shortened his career as a result. Then he made flawed receivers look better than they actually were at times.

I blame Romo for Dez's lack of progression partially because he was with him during his best years. Romo lacked discipline and was recklace at times which transferred throughout the enter team, including the defense. Players blowing assignments. Players freestyling trying to play hero ball.

Jason Witten it seems was and is the only one that runs correct routes and it's why he has so many catches and is still playing.

I feel the same exact way.

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't open half the time. Dak threw to Dez more than anyone else, forcing it at times. It's hard to throw watchable balls to a receiver who isn't open.

More importantly Dallas runs a timing based offense so again for the 100 th time, if a quarterback doesn't know where the receiver is going to be at its damn near impossible for him to deliver the ball accurately.

Some of u watch to many of the shows like first take and undisputed and not the games. It happened every game where you would see a Cowboys WR/TE running WIDE THE FUKK OPEN and Dak hold it to long and get sacked or he would dump it to the check down for a minimal game. He was missing wide open TD's and shyt and alot of the times it was Dez open.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Some of u watch to many of the shows like first take and undisputed and not the games. It happened every game where you would see a Cowboys WR/TE running WIDE THE FUKK OPEN and Dak hold it to long and get sacked or he would dump it to the check down for a minimal game. He was missing wide open TD's and shyt and alot of the times it was Dez open.

If you don't have a rapport with the quarterback that will happen. The receivers obviously have a bond with each other but what good does that do if you don't have one with the damn quarterback?

With Romo it was easy because he was the defacto offensive coordinator and like I said before he never fully held receivers accountable. Romo ran what he wanted and at times so did the receivers. Part of it was the offensive line sucked for so long he had no choice. Dak comes in and wants to run the offense exactly how it's drawn up.

When Dallas kept the offense simple they excelled. Once they opened up the passing game more which required more from the wide receivers they started having issues.

How many stories did you hear about receivers staying after practice with Dak? Nobody smoke up during the season. Nobody took charge. Forget about Dez for a second. Why do u think Dallas signed 2 veteran wide receivers in the off-season and will most likely draft one or two? It's not just Dez Bryant. It's the entire group. They could've resigned Bryce Butler but didn't even try.

As a group that receiving Corp was all hype and was feeding into it. They expected to just how up and be great. That Cowboy lifestyle isn't for everybody.

Dez will be on Instagram selling his brand and shouting out the Jordan brand with nothing to show for it.

He got his payday. He's one of the veterans on the team but still moving like he's on his rookie contract on the practice field, on the sideline and in the locker room. Dooley left because that receiver Corp as a group was uncoachable.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Ya dak had accuracy issues and I even called him out for it but dez never adjusted his game. Yes I watched the games too.
Of course the playcalling was and is still a factor but bump that dez doesnt know how to get separation either. He did do a Fitzgerald and excelled his game as he got older.
Witten slow ass for christ sake gets open cuz he runs crisp routes simple as that and it's still shytty playcalling for him too.

I blame dak for not being more accurate and also forcing it when rookie season he spread the ball to others

I blame dez for not putting in the work and relying on Romo for so long that he never did put the work in.
Like a @Ethnic Vagina Finder said romo made wrs look better than what they are and money for christ sake look what he did too miles Austin

I'm not saying get rid of dez either I'm saying his ass should of did the work while with romo as qb not now all of a sudden do it it's stupid and lazy

Coaching staff wise were screwed and have to win out or spite so if players gotta do harder work so be it

Dak doesnt show up with improvement this season I dont even want him

Cuz his issue is simple fix. People can hate on Alex Smith all they want at least he is accurate shyt. U dont have to throw bombs away all the time I say more intermediate and short routes and bombs away when it's there cuz if ur accurate he get more time of possession and we can run the ball down people throat

Defense wise I've said it blitz more take the chances cuz all we do is let people too open often might as well blitz and make qb work for that pass

Until we change coaches on d and offense and head coach players have to do extra work simple as that
Its y its a damn shame romo couldn't use this team to it's full potential cuz nobody can convince me otherwise we that would of won a chip with romo for all the weakness we have he held this team together for so long
2014 we would of won chip imo
And in dak rookie season would of won chip

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Y'all nikkas riding for Dez are stuck on the brand. The image. If Roy Williams ran the same routes and pit up the exact same stats you all would be begging Dallas to cut him.

The passing game is secondary now. Dallas is building up the defense to compliment the running game plain and simple. I rode with dez since day one but in all honesty Dallas chances of winning a title won't hinge on Dez being on the roster. You all have to acknowledge that much :mindblown:
When will yall understand its that fraud Dakota’s fault?

All the receivers had down years. You mean to tell me all of them cant run routes or get open? DCs gameplan vs Dakota is to double beasley and make him make throws to the outside, which he sucks at.

Go look at Dez last 8 games in 2016 (not including the finale)

43 catches
646 yards
8 TDs

Those numbers over 16 game projection are on par with his 2014 season.

He did not become :flabbynsick: over one summer brehs :birdman:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
He wasn't open half the time. Dak threw to Dez more than anyone else, forcing it at times. It's hard to throw watchable balls to a receiver who isn't open.

More importantly Dallas runs a timing based offense so again for the 100 th time, if a quarterback doesn't know where the receiver is going to be at its damn near impossible for him to deliver the ball accurately.
Start around 17:20 and watch all the way through. then I want you and your groupies to try to dispute visual facts of Dez running wide open and Dak blatantly missng him.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk all this Dez talk. Thursday night I better see Taven Bryan country strong ass on this team

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Or maybe all the receivers had a down year because we are a run first offense predicated on o line play and our o line had a down year and our star rb was out. It doesn't help thst we have one of the most predictable offenses in the league and made no real adjustments. Keep thinking its the players and watch the same thing happen if we draft a new qb.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Ahhh the curse of 9-7...

Just good enough to be thought of as just missing the playoffs, one game over .500 but not good enough to be considered "good" or "elite"

Hard to make adjustments when you feel like you're right there when in reality, you may be further than we think (i think we still have an semi-open window right now)

Scary b/c it's hard to tell if it's QB play or WR play or another position that's killing the offense.

Gotta be a combo of both. @Ethnic Vagina Finder out chea spittin facts making me think real hard. Been saying forever, it's really on the FO. We got/had a clown show and it's showing lol. We wasted Romo's better years and making all types of weird and reactionary moves. Until we really learn how to work that cap we won't be anywhere important. That, and bringing REAL coaches and GMs to this team would work wonders.... Jerry ego to sensitive for that tho. He wanna keep this family, and he feels like he knows as much or more than any GM (:rudy:) so we stuck btw a rock and hard place...That's why we've only seen the playoffs a couple of times since the last super bowl and wins in the postseason evade us. Jerry is cool with it too. As long as we're making the money he's not as mad as he should be. He knows how to fix this, but pride and ego keep us right in place. He'd rather be "right" than make the real changes that would facilitate real winning. We've only had two real coaches since 92, and he ran em both off with pride and ego. Rest are just hand picked puppets that tow the line.

This franchise is poisoned and it starts at the top. Maybe we can win in spite of, but that would take a SERIOUS collab effort from everyone on the squad, coaches included. I'm talking open mindedness and adjusting on the fly and in season...That window is getting narrower and if it's the QB, we may have to damn near blow the whole thing up. We will see this year for sure. Philly winning the chip really made things painfully obvious, let's hope this clueless FO is paying attention

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Or maybe all the receivers had a down year because we are a run first offense predicated on o line play and our o line had a down year and our star rb was out. It doesn't help thst we have one of the most predictable offenses in the league and made no real adjustments. Keep thinking its the players and watch the same thing happen if we draft a new qb.
No, its the QB

Lol @ the RB being out as an excuse for poor QB play.

Missing Zeke was the reason for a league high 4 pick sixes :mjgrin:

Act like the Broncos game didnt happen brehs :mjgrin:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
No, its the QB

Or maybe it's garrett who refuses to adjust... You know, the same guy who couldn't win more than one game with 4 different qbs until dak fell in his lap. I'm getting to the point where I hope dak walks come contract time and doesnt waste his career here.

Zeke had a down year too, as did the o line as did the receivers. I'm sure Adrian Claiborne looking like lt in his prime all on dak.. lets keep making players the scapegoat year after year after year of the same results while garrett continues to pick up paychecks for mediocre results

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
No, its the QB

Zeke got limited during Denver too so tell me how thats all on the qb.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Or maybe it's garrett who refuses to adjust... You know, the same guy who couldn't win more than one game with 4 different qbs until dak fell in his lap. I'm getting to the point where I hope dak walks come contract time and doesnt waste his career here.

Zeke had a down year too, as did the o line as did the receivers. I'm sure Adrian Claiborne looking like lt in his prime all on dak.. lets keep making players the scapegoat year after year after year of the same results while garrett continues to pick up paychecks for mediocre results

Zeke got limited during Denver too so tell me how thats all on the qb.

Never will I defend this bytchass coach, but u making too many excuses for the QB.

The Bad throws, poor mechanics, and poor reads is on the QB. No one is telling him to airmail passes to Dez on a go route, or throwing the ball 5 feet over Zekes head in the flats...