Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I just wanna leave this here. from the RAMS

This should be our approach.

"We can't talk about anybody that's under contract with any other team, but I think, if there's one thing you can appreciate about what we've done this offseason, there's no trade we wouldn't explore or look into if we feel like it can upgrade us as a team," said McVay, whose Rams are having one of the busiest off seasons in the NFL.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
At this point I want Derwin James. Vita Vea isn't an option anymore.

First pick you want James?

I can't take another first round safety...For me, to draft a safety in the first, they have to be exceptional. I'm talking once in a lifetime type player...

Sean Taylor, Troy Polamalu type of player... Those aren't there every draft. Plus, a guy who plays 15 yards off the ball, how much impact we talking with James?

I ain't doggin you or coming at you...just some real questions. I see a LOT of fans want dude. I just didn't see much impact from him on the college level

I would love Vea b/c it would give us a big body (pause) in the interior d line...a talent, and we have his rights for 5 years. We need to employ that same strategy we had for the o line for the D line. Game is fought and won in the trenches. Him or a LB makes the most sense to me. I think we can find a good vet at a decent price to plug up back there (I'd rather a vet anyway at that spot). It's that Dline and LB that have me worried...

What you think?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

I can't take another first round safety...For me, to draft a safety in the first, they have to be exceptional. I'm talking once in a lifetime type player...

Sean Taylor, Troy Polamalu type of player... Those aren't there every draft. Plus, a guy who plays 15 yards off the ball, how much impact we talking with James?

I ain't doggin you or coming at you...just some real questions. I see a LOT of fans want dude. I just didn't see much impact from him on the college level

I would love Vea b/c it would give us a big body (pause) in the interior d line...a talent, and we have his rights for 5 years. We need to employ that same strategy we had for the o line for the D line. Game is fought and won in the trenches. Him or a LB makes the most sense to me. I think we can find a good vet at a decent price to plug up back there (I'd rather a vet anyway at that spot). It's that Dline and LB that have me worried...

What you think?

yeah, D Line and LB for me all day.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

What you think?
The knock on Vea is there are good portions of games where he's invisible, and it's not because of him being doubled. As for finding a vet that has never worked for this team. It's time to actually draft a legit player at safety and that's DJ, he's a hard hitting safety who can make plays on the ball. I wouldn't be shocked if they draft Roquan if he's there and that would be a smart pick.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's going to be funny when they boot dak and dez and they are tearing it up for anothee franchise while we go 8 and 8 and worse with Garrett.
The GOAT TO warned us. “At some point you can’t keep blaming the players”. :hubie:

Ima keep posting this gospel :53 mark

Last edited:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The knock on Vea is there are good portions of games where he's invisible, and it's not because of him being doubled. As for finding a vet that has never worked for this team. It's time to actually draft a legit player at safety and that's DJ, he's a hard hitting safety who can make plays on the ball. I wouldn't be shocked if they draft Roquan if he's there and that would be a smart pick.
If Roquan is there I’m not taking the whole time period to announce the pick. He’s a sure thing. I’d have more faith in Evans if he ran a good 40 but he dodged that. Plus he never really dropped into coverage at bama. I’ve seen Roquan do what he’ll be asked to do in the pros.