Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Like Rico liked what I saw from him preseason. I'd need to see him in real games to have a better opinion feel on how good/bad he can be. Remember Dustin Vaughn? Liked him too in preseason but what else did dude ever do?
shyt you're right, I forgot about dude and I was on the hype train then smh... I'll just take the wait and see approach. Dak's lack of accuracy is a cause of concern for me but i'll wait and see how he does next year.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I dont care what he says in his tweets, you can tell on the field Beasley dont fukk with Dak. He was pissed all game he kept missing him.
Dak and Beasley are very close. Beasley was one of the biggest backers of starting Dez over Romo last season. BUT I think Beasley is having buyer's remorse. Beasley has looked pissed off all season. Dak might be a natural born leader, but his play got to match that or else players will start tuning him out.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
shyt you're right, I forgot about dude and I was on the hype train then smh... I'll just take the wait and see approach. Dak's lack of accuracy is a cause of concern for me but i'll wait and see how he does next year.

We had showers too as back up did well in preseason for last couple of years

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Perhaps but the things Dak has a problem with is something I didn't see with Romo back in 2008. Throwing the ball down field and accuracy wasn't a problem for Romo. I think he got injured and missed a couple games that year too. That said, yes, the main problem as it pertains to coaching is Jason Garrett. He had me concerned in late 2007 when teams started to defend his offense better. Starting in December 2007. But in 2008, he lost me completely when the Ravens called him out. Several teams since then have made similar comments about JG's offense.

Now we now the ultimate problem is Skeletor up in the press box. You can blame everyone you'd like, but hire coaches that are qualified to coach your team. Get the personnel that fits your team.

Go back and look at some Dallas games where everything was on the line..all those big games with Romo. They all on line..

Go back and look at Dallas vs RG3 and the Skins. Romo was doing the same things Dak did yesterday.

This team is coached badly

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dak underthrew Noah Brown on that deep ball. It resulted in a PI, but still he needs to get that down. He underthrew Dez a lot this season on deep passes to him as well.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Go back and look at some Dallas games where everything was on the line..all those big games with Romo. They all on line..

Go back and look at Dallas vs RG3 and the Skins. Romo was doing the same things Dak did yesterday.

This team is coached badly
You will rarely see me defend the Princeton genius and I won’t be doing it here.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
First of all , a lot of ya'll nikkas was shyttin on RomGAWD heavy last year. Lookin' real funny in the light right about now. Don't think I forgot. Ya'll didn't give Romo no slack, now ya'll wanna blame the coaching. Oh ok :beli:

Second of all, I had the Dez avi from day one on the Coli, defended him early on this year, but now I have to say.. it's over. The explosion is gone. He's turning 30 next year and it's only downhill. We need fresh legs at WR period.

Dak needs more time and better coaching, that's all there is. At the end of the day he's still a second year QB, you can't compare him or expect him to run the offense like Romo was doing in his prime. On the other hand, his accuracy is looking real sus. All That said, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another young QB next year to push him.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all trippin wanting a qb next year. Draft a qb the NEXT year if Dak doesn’t improve. We have a golden opportunity next year and one of these cac rookies isn’t going to come in and lead us anywhere. If you notice, the only cac rookie recently that balled from Day 1 was Luck and he is athletic as fukk. All the other qbs balling day 1 are black. And even then we aren’t getting to a bowl with a black rookie. Stack the defense, get a fast wr and let’s get this chip. Dak will have a whole offseason to see how defenses adjusted to him. He may be Alex smith but Alex Smith damn near led a team to the super bowl.

Last edited:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Y’all trippin wanting a qb next year. Draft a qb the NEXT year if Dak doesn’t improve. We have a golden opportunity next year and one of these cac rookies isn’t going to come in and lead us anywhere. If you notice, the only cac rookie recently that balked from Day 1 was Luck and he is athletic as fukk. All the other qbs balling day 1 are black. And even then we aren’t getting to a bowl with a black rookie. Stack the defense, get a fast wr and let’s get this chip. Dak will have a whole offseason to see how defenses adjusted to him. He may be Alex smith but Alex Smith damn near led a team to the super bowl.
Who wants an Alex Smith type QB tho :scusthov:

We dont have the defense to win with that tyoe of QB anyways

Get me a “make everyone better around me” type QB in here, please

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who wants an Alex Smith type QB tho :scusthov:

We dont have the defense to win with that tyoe of QB anyways

Get me a “make everyone better around me” type QB in here, please
I think Dak will be better than Smith. And I’m saying we could have a defense like that with this offseason.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
We still talking about romo?:gucci:

It's no doubt he could play better than Dak but he's fragile as fukk. There was no way he was going to last a season. It's over for him. They need to revamp the entire offense to something that suits Dak instead of this antiquated pocket passer offense we run now. Or open up the QB position and make him and Cooper rush compete for the job. But at the end of the day, we're not doing shyt with this staff. Regular season champs is our peak until all of Jerry's puppets are gone.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Down year. After solid 1st seasons our talent falls on its face the next. That's coaching. If anything, it looks like they shortened Dak playbook this season. It's just not a Dak issue. Watch Woods and Lewis struggle next season like Brown did this season. It's a pattern