Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I said the fan speaks indirectly about the problems with the Cowboys...until lately.

Ben Rogers is saying they need to fire Garrett and the staff. About damn time the local media spoke on this and this is from the official flagship station of the Dallas Cowboys.

Really feel if it was Stephen Jones call, Garrett would be out...

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
lol and who do you think is responsible for bringing in these coaches? Who is the constant for this franchise not winning shyt the last 22 years? Jason Garrett has not been here that entire time. Before Jerry, Dallas had one coach under Clint Murchinson and Bum Bright for 29 years. Since Jerry took over, he has been through 7 coaches in 28 years. Jerry is the constant in all of this. He employs Jason as head coach when he did nothing to earn it. He employed Dave Campo and went 5-11 three straight years. He wants people like Jason Garrett and Dave Campo. the next coach will be somebody like Jason Garrett or Dave Campo. He knows he can win with a Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells type of coach. But he wants credit for all the success the team gets on the field. That doesn't attract the Tom Coughlins or even the Mike Zimmers.

Yes the coaching sucks. But so does the general manager as well. Jerry said he would fire himself as GM if he ran his operation like most NFL teams.

The funny thing about this everybody knows this. Everybody in the state of Texas knows this. The ticket knows this. The fan says it but indirectly because it is the "official station of the Dallas Cowboys". The media says it. Off the field, when it comes to making money, people admire Jerry. On the field, people laugh at Jerry. I mean he speaks to the media after every game. He hasn't figured out that nobody cares to listen to him but himself.

I agree wholeheartedly. The major problem is, Jerry is our general manager.

He, seriously, wants ALL the credit for the successes of this team. We're a premier if not, THE, premier team in the league (not saying record, just overall popularity) but we don't have much to show for it. Saw an article on ESPN this morning and basically it said what we saying here. They made a HUGE point, salient...he wants to go after the commish and compared what he was gonna do to what Kraft and co. did with deflategate....but HE'S the one getting HOF nods, as he should for his OFF THE FIELD business, while Bob Kraft just collects Super Bowl trophies.

I feel like that's been us in a nutshell...out in front for all the meaningless praise and glory, but we aren't there for the things that count ON THE FIELD...smh

I just can't understand how one's ego is that huge? How, honestly, can one owner look at the Pats and the success of their team and front office, and NOT say to themselves, let me try and emulate that? Let me find my "Bill Belichick"....I see it hasn't worked with me at the helm, let me change this up? Idk, if I owned a team making the kind of money and headlines the Cowboys make, I'd try to find someone to run it with ruthless efficiency and just sign the checks and pose for the TV cameras in my owners box... I mean, all of the praise comes back on you at the end of the day anyway...

Find that Jimmy Johnson, and give him a lifetime deal with full autonomy and let people talk about how shrewd of a businessman on and off the field I am...

Nope, our owner wants to be Puff. He honestly thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room. Running the organization like an old Pacer, but thinking he driving a Lamborghini. Holding on and coddling cats and letting the wrong ones walk.

Our GM let a few names walk... He wanted Money Manziel, he gave deals to Greg Hardy and Rolando McClain and drafted Randy Gregory...but he knows football....

why? Cuz he played offensive line with Jimmy Johnson back in the day? I love my Cowboys, but this year opened my eyes up like no other and I'm hurt because of it...Not gonna stop rooting for my Boys, but I'll be honest, it's tougher now...

Need to see some serious progress these last few games. Attitude and effort will tell me all I need to know bout this squad

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That game last night went pretty much how I expected it to final score wise.....that's why I wasn't all RAH RAH in the thread during the week

I know I'm going to get "negged" but the Cowboys aren't going to ever win shyt with Jerry running the show and sure as hell won't with Garrett as the head coach

Not unless the talent overcomes them like last year

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It seems that during the week Garrett and the staff will come up with a gameplan, if that's what you want to call it....and once the opponent successfully adjusts to what they're doing, they don't have a backup plan with the exception of a couple of wrinkles every once in a while

Elliot and dak already admitted that they don’t even game plan and it shows. Dak said that after the loss to the broncos.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Funny how the tone has changed from "the eagles are frauds, they haven't played us and we're gonna smack the shyt out of them" to

3xOag-.gif

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Eagles not winning a chip ever so I’m not worried about them.

I’m worried bout when the fukk we getting rid of this fraud nikka Garrett. He’s a hoe and literally needs all pros at every damn position to succeed. And it’s year 8!!

stop talking playoffs and talk about yall potential top 12 draft position and draft needs, that offseason thread is coming soon :mjgrin:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
R.I.P. to a great Buckeye Terry Glenn.:mjcry:

That Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, Shawn Springs Buckeye team was crazy. :wow:

Them nikkas should've won a national championship.

Most talented Buckeye team IMO. :yeshrug:
No doubt, had Orlando Pace too. Damn Coach Cooper couldn't beat scUM :francis:.