Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to the club. I think even Stephen knows this.

Eagle player are saying the Cowboys quit. The radio is saying nah they didn't but I disagree. This is the 2nd week in a row this team has quit in the 2nd half. Because they know their coach can't put them in places to succeed. Garrett simply has no clue on what he's doing and the players know it.

He's a glorified cheerleader. When things are going good, he's clapping hi-fiving everyone,.but looks clueless when shyt goes left. How you spend years playing under Jimmy Johnson and behind Troy Aikman yet don't display any of the similar characteristics they had? Tf did he learn all those years?

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Sorry brehs, only coaches that have won a Super Bowl are capable of getting fired here. We stuck with this incompetent bytch.

:mjcry:

fukk that carrot headed ass nikka mayne.

#TeamTank

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He's a glorified cheerleader. When things are going good, he's clapping hi-fiving everyone,.but looks clueless when shyt goes left. How you spend years playing under Jimmy Johnson and behind Troy Aikman yet don't display any of the similar characteristics they had? Tf did he learn all those years?

The thing Garrett has not even been coaching for long prior to getting the head coach job for Dallas. So he basically learning how to be a a coach while being a head coach smh.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I agree wholeheartedly. The major problem is, Jerry is our general manager.

He, seriously, wants ALL the credit for the successes of this team. We're a premier if not, THE, premier team in the league (not saying record, just overall popularity) but we don't have much to show for it. Saw an article on ESPN this morning and basically it said what we saying here. They made a HUGE point, salient...he wants to go after the commish and compared what he was gonna do to what Kraft and co. did with deflategate....but HE'S the one getting HOF nods, as he should for his OFF THE FIELD business, while Bob Kraft just collects Super Bowl trophies.

I feel like that's been us in a nutshell...out in front for all the meaningless praise and glory, but we aren't there for the things that count ON THE FIELD...smh

I just can't understand how one's ego is that huge? How, honestly, can one owner look at the Pats and the success of their team and front office, and NOT say to themselves, let me try and emulate that? Let me find my "Bill Belichick"....I see it hasn't worked with me at the helm, let me change this up? Idk, if I owned a team making the kind of money and headlines the Cowboys make, I'd try to find someone to run it with ruthless efficiency and just sign the checks and pose for the TV cameras in my owners box... I mean, all of the praise comes back on you at the end of the day anyway...

Find that Jimmy Johnson, and give him a lifetime deal with full autonomy and let people talk about how shrewd of a businessman on and off the field I am...

Nope, our owner wants to be Puff. He honestly thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room. Running the organization like an old Pacer, but thinking he driving a Lamborghini. Holding on and coddling cats and letting the wrong ones walk.

Our GM let a few names walk... He wanted Money Manziel, he gave deals to Greg Hardy and Rolando McClain and drafted Randy Gregory...but he knows football....

why? Cuz he played offensive line with Jimmy Johnson back in the day? I love my Cowboys, but this year opened my eyes up like no other and I'm hurt because of it...Not gonna stop rooting for my Boys, but I'll be honest, it's tougher now...

Need to see some serious progress these last few games. Attitude and effort will tell me all I need to know bout this squad
I seen that article and it was spot on.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The thing Garrett has not even been coaching for long prior to getting the head coach job for Dallas. So he basically learning how to be a a coach while being a head coach smh.
They said this after 2013 and it was laughable then and it is laughable now. No real professional organization hires a head coach to learn to be a head coach. Coaching an NFL team should be held for experienced best of the best coaching whether you were a coordinator or head coach before for at least several years. This guy has done nothing to deserve to be the head coach and he's done nothing to keep his job as head coach.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to Dak :salute: I'm going to see if I can buy one of the young brotha paintings. :mjcry:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/perfec...es-hes-using-powerful-platform-041333137.html

Perfect Illustration: Dak Prescott's bond with fan with no arms illuminates how he's using powerful platform

FRISCO, Texas – During Dak Prescott’s junior year at Haughton High school in rural Louisiana, a young boy walked into the locker room before a football game. The boy asked Prescott for an autograph, and Prescott froze for a moment.

Standing at his kitchen counter at his home here on a recent off-day two weeks ago, Prescott chuckles at the memory now, his first autograph request making him more nervous than the boy asking for it. He has signed thousands of autographs since, both during his record-setting career at Mississippi State and as one of the bright young stars of the Dallas Cowboys. But that moment has stayed with him, a reminder of the feeling of a kind act for others.

“That was kind of the beginning,” Prescott said. “The first time I realized the impact I can have when someone looks up to me, that’s why I’ll never forget it.”

c81bf956d8c353df104a7b82aa138dea

With the Cowboys playing their annual Thanksgiving game, this one against the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday, it will showcase Dallas navigating the most significant adversity of Prescott’s young career. They’ve been blown out in consecutive games, are hamstrung by key injuries (Sean Lee, Tyron Smith) and clearly miss suspended tailback Ezekiel Elliott. Until this point, Prescott’s career had been whirlwind of circumstance, serendipity and opportunism that’s led him to become a franchise NFL quarterback. And on his journey from fourth-round pick to NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year to one of the emerging faces of the NFL, Prescott has navigated a parallel process of discovering how much impact he can have on others.

Playing what’s arguably the most powerful position in sports, Prescott has embraced the significance of the platform that comes with being the Cowboys quarterback.

“It’s heartwarming to me that I can do so little and it will mean so much,” Prescott said. “I almost can’t even understand the process because it’s something so little to me, but so big to someone.”

What’s struck those who’ve watched Prescott begin to realize his potential impact in the charity space is an awareness of his reach. Heading into his senior year at Mississippi State, Prescott didn’t just pop by for a visit with the kids at Camp Jabber Jaw, a camp for children and families with communication challenges that use augmentative communication devices. Prescott made time to sit down with the nearly 30 kids and their families to communicate with them all individually. “That’s when he had me,” recalled Judy Duncan, a case manager at the T.K. Martin Center for Technology and Disability at Mississippi State.

Through his relationships at T.K. Martin, Prescott met one of the more remarkable students involved in the program. During Prescott’s camp in Starkville this summer, he spent time with Kendrell Daniels, a 17-year-old senior at rural Kemper County (Miss.) High School. Daniels was born without arms, and through a program at T.K. Martin called “EXPRESS Yourself!” he has begun to find himself. Since arriving there, Daniels has opened up and found confidence and a creative outlet through art. He’s considering attending Mississippi State to attend college, something he may never have done before the program. “It’s given me opportunities,” he said, “tools I can use, for what I would need to come to college.”

81a72cf59fa2efff4adc7338ab8e9c47

Daniels paints with his toes, and one of his pieces of art hangs in a foyer in Prescott’s house. Daniels began painting with the help of trackers – Laurie Craig and Duncan – but has evolved to where he paints on his own. Prescott met with Daniels at his camp this summer, as he’d hung up a piece of art Daniels made, initially not knowing who created it. The moment stuck with Daniels, as he watches the video of his meeting with Prescott at least once a week. The moment also stuck with Prescott: “It allows me to take everything and all my blessings and put it in perspective,” he said. “Don’t take anything for granted. He uses his mind and heart and does something that he loves and draws and is an artist and was able to touch my life. It reminds me I have that impact.”

That moment this summer, fleeting yet enduring, epitomizes the power that Prescott holds while playing the most football’s publicized position for one of America’s most powerful sporting brands. With Prescott locked in for what projects to be a long run under center in Dallas, his reach will continue to only grow.

The kid who grew up in a trailer park has moved to million-dollar home in a gated community near the Cowboys practice facility. But Prescott’s actions in the charitable space since his meteoric rise to stardom last season indicate a precocious empathy. Thousands of autographs later, Prescott hasn’t let go of the feeling of reciprocal joy he had delivering that first one.

“We feel like he’s been dropped from heaven,” said Charlotte Jones Anderson, the Cowboys’ executive vice president and chief brand officer. “To come in here like this with that poise and confidence and affection to know you can inspire people is rare. He’s not going to miss the opportunity to use it.

What appears to separate Prescott off the field at this early stage of his career is how he has carried out the responsibility, as his reach has already transcended the group-and-grins and team-mandated events that are an inherent part of professional sports. He has started a foundation – Fight, Finish, Faith – in honor of his late mother, Peggy, who died of colon cancer in 2013. The proceeds from that foundation will go toward fighting cancer and helping the families who’ve been touched by the disease. Postgame on Thursday, he’ll conduct his news conference in a custom bow tie known as Dak Ties, another cancer-based cause he has promoted all season.

Prescott has also done significant work with the Salvation Army, a charity that shows how powerful the Cowboys brand can be. In the 21 years the franchise has been affiliated with the Salvation Army, Jones Anderson said they’ve helped raised more than $2.4 billion. (The holiday season – as Ezekiel Elliott’s jump into the trademark red kettle last seasonshowed – serves as an annual showcase).

“What’s so fascinating here is, all the stars are aligned,” Jones Anderson said. “He fills every box that is needed to be able to harness all of that together and let it rise. It’s like kerosene has been dropped on it and he dropped the match.”

And the most exciting part may be just how far it can spread as Prescott’s career takes off: “It’s a blessing to have this platform,” he said. “To be at this stage at this position in my life to be able to connect and interact with so many people. So many kids and so many people with disadvantages. So many families that need help and just need loving and a smile. And I’ve accepted it. It’s a big responsibility but I love it.”

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not enough coaching when we lost talent

This time I don't blame Jerruh. This is coaching..very bad coaching

This coaching and their schemes are built on/around their best players
No adjustments cause the coaches don't have plan B schemes for lesser talent

How didnt they go into this season adjusting plays for Beasley after he ate good last season? Like other coaches were gonna allow it again. That's just bad..bad coaching. We'll waste Zeke and Dak like we did Witten and Ware if we don't get an actual decent coach in here

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
And all you nikkas throwing the season away in week 11 while we’re .500 can eat a dikk. Don’t come back if we pull off 4 straight against these bum ass teams and we sitting pretty at 9-5 :demonic:

Jerry is that you? Writing was on the wall with this Zeke shyt and Jerry being a organization distraction.:mjlol:

Way to dependant on injury prone Lee on defense.

Have faith in Jason Garrett and Co. brehs. :skip:

Massa Jerry calling, boy...:pacspit:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Jerry is that you? Writing was on the wall with this Zeke shyt and Jerry being a organization distraction.:mjlol:

Way to dependant on injury prone Lee on defense.

Have faith in Jason Garrett and Co. brehs. :skip:

Massa Jerry calling, boy...:pacspit:
fukk a Jerry, I ain’t worried about him but I ain’t ruling out the playoffs with 6 more games left. I said what I said.