City of Baltimore can’t fill executive positions because candidates don’t want to live there

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Not from DMV but got a gut renovated row house in Patterson Park for $230k currently being rented, met a good amount of young couples from DC who bought in the same area within the last 3 years.The neighborhood is cool and chilled, but once you cross the Pulaski Hwy, shyt gets really real :huhldup:

People are gonna kick themselves for not taking advantage of the situation and invest in property out there. The city is going thru a face-lift.
People been saying that for 20 years about Baltimore. I'm not so sure with the violence levels being so high. Now the violence is not just contained in the "Hood". Folks and stores in Canton and Fells Point getting robbed on the regular now.

This place will never get gentrified like D.C. imo

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't blame them....:unimpressed:

The only place worth visiting in Bmore is Miss Shirley's Cafe... :ohlawd:

I used to hit the one near Morgan when I lived out there. Good ass breakfast

But my time in the area (Towson) was an interseting point in my life. Can't say i wanna go back to Baltimore unless it's to visit fam lol

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante

Baltimore can’t be that bad, right?

Never been there. Have you?
What’s been your Baltimore experience?

:lupe:

This is common practice in major cities. The city council member representing Alief (District J) lived 1 hour by auto commute from Alief. I'm from Alief/SWAT and it is a pretty good area. Like anywhere else it has its good and bad parts. No reason a sitting council member can't find a home in Alief to suite his needs and salary. The current council member actually lives in Alief so it can be done.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's what happens when the government treats poor sections of a city like third world countries and ignores a crack cocaine epidemic in minority communities and calls it a criminal issue rather than the public health issue which it was...

Seems like Baltimore has had a sad reputation for 40 years.

The crack epidemic ended a while ago now. You’d think things would have been rebuilt and improved.
The city has been neglected. PG and Annapolis and some other areas get tons of everything, we get scraps.
Baltimore isn’t completely terrible. Obviously it has tons of fukked up parts but there’s downtown and a few good regular neighborhoods to choose from. What we see as a normal working class black neighborhood, cacs see as Baghdad.

1. There was no awareness when the drug first arrived on the scene about how it worked
2. There was no investment in rehabilitating addicts instead they were thrown in jail
3. Yes it is literally the government's job to protect its citizens. Instead they protected their white suburban citizens and threw addicted minorities in prison with lengthy sentences. Look at the difference between how the crack epidemic (nikkas) was handled vs the opioid epidemic now (cacs).

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Baltimore would be a gold mine if it ever gentrified
Not sure it has the supporting industry to spur growth or migration though, anyone fleeing DC prices would just go to PG and Montgomery county
Like every medium/large city it has areas where rich people can safely live so if the money is right I say move there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baltimore would be a gold mine if it ever gentrified
Not sure it has the supporting industry to spur growth or migration though, anyone fleeing DC prices would just go to PG and Montgomery county
Like every medium/large city it has areas where rich people can safely live so if the money is right I say move there
look up ownership on on all those boarded up brownstones and you'll be able to tell that gentrification is on schedule for Baltimore

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Never been but the city looks and sounds like shyt from what I’ve seen :hubie:
It's not that bad, but between drugs and all the industrial jobs leaving, the city was left for dead. It was Harlem (the good parts) in the early to mid 1900s. Music, culture, creativity. nikkas just broke, and poverty leads to all the other bad shyt.

Johns Hopkins will probably own the city eventually, along with maybe one or two other institutions, but you can't just gentrify it that easily because the city has been shipping people out for a few decades now and all it did was create hoods in suburb areas, so the surrounding counties aren't for that shyt any more.