City of Baltimore can’t fill executive positions because candidates don’t want to live there

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not that bad, but between drugs and all the industrial jobs leaving, the city was left for dead. It was Harlem (the good parts) in the early to mid 1900s. Music, culture, creativity. nikkas just broke, and poverty leads to all the other bad shyt.

Johns Hopkins will probably own the city eventually, along with maybe one or two other institutions, but you can't just gentrify it that easily because the city has been shipping people out for a few decades now and all it did was create hoods in suburb areas, so the surrounding counties aren't for that shyt any more.
Baltimore should be like a smaller NYC.

It’s right next to DC. A quick trip to NYC/Miami/Chicago.

It’s on the water.
It’s got trains going through it.

I don’t understand what Baltimore is missing.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
All the dumb ass posters blaming “cac racism” @Ozymandeas @the elastic

Would you want to live somewhere where the municipality struggles to do basic civic maintenance like picking up trash and fixing street lights? shytty schools? Lead pipes? Potholes similar to the Moon Surface?

I wouldn’t, but I’m sure that makes me a c00n
Execs ain't gonna be getting paid that poorly to even be living in those parts

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It's the same thing with these magat infested small towns that people expect black people to live in when we talk about the cost of housing.

Nah ngga I ain't moving to cacsonville or some shyt and spend my days annoyed and threatened by deranged lunatics all day.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Baltimore should be like a smaller NYC.

It’s right next to DC. A quick trip to NYC/Miami/Chicago.

It’s on the water.
It’s got trains going through it.

I don’t understand what Baltimore is missing.
FUNDING, with a healthy dose of racism thrown in. Cacs run, so leaders care less and less.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The whole city isn’t a shyt hole people gotta stop being p*ssy

I’d get a rental property there if managing wasn’t a headache

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's bad leadership plain and simple
Be more specific what aren’t they doing?

We can talk about leadership all day but the people don’t do any favors for the perception of the city :francis:

Seems like dope destroyed the city and fixing the city is going to require fixing that before anything.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People been saying that for 20 years about Baltimore. I'm not so sure with the violence levels being so high. Now the violence is not just contained in the "Hood". Folks and stores in Canton and Fells Point getting robbed on the regular now.

This place will never get gentrified like D.C. imo

They said the same thing about Philly. It was a war zone when I was a kid now multiple areas of Philly are getting gentrified. People talk shyt about Philly on the Coli but IRL, it’s a live city and mad people are moving there. The facts are as DC and NYC become too expensive to live in, people that want a similar urban city are going to move out in search of cheaper alternatives. The NYC outflow is pushing up Philly’s development, and the DC outflow will do the same to Baltimore over time.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baltimore really is a great place, but Heroin has truly reeked Havoc on the city. There's a grayness you feel in too many sections off the city.

But the great things about the City are really great. Really good and underrated restaurant scene. Lots off great small businesses. Nice and underrated Art Culture/Scene. People for most are very hospitable and a lot more friendly then us DMV folks. Night life is good too, if you know.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They said the same thing about Philly. It was a war zone when I was a kid now multiple areas of Philly are getting gentrified. People talk shyt about Philly on the Coli but IRL, it’s a live city and mad people are moving there. The facts are as DC and NYC become too expensive to live in, people that want a similar urban city are going to move out in search of cheaper alternatives. The NYC outflow is pushing up Philly’s development, and the DC outflow will do the same to Baltimore over time.
You’re not wrong about the costs of NYC.

I saw that even parts of the Bronx are getting gentrified. I mean to be fair, the Bronx always had certain Italian neighborhoods. But it hasn’t been like that in decades.

It wouldn’t shock me if the white people who can’t afford to buy in Harlem (goodness, that’s another story) begin taking over the Bronx.

We already know that Brooklyn is pricing out black people.

Westchester, Long Island and Northern New Jersey can be slightly more affordable. But if you’re going to be 45 mins to 1 hour away from the city, why not go an extra 30 minutes out and REALLY save money on apartments or a house? At that point what’s the difference?

And 90 mins out of NYC gets you fairly close to Philly and Philly Suburbs.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Philly is worse than ever now.

It’s true some New Yorkers are moving there though. I knew someone I worked with who worked in NYC and lived in Philly. His commute was better than a co-worker that lived on Long Island.