City of Baltimore can’t fill executive positions because candidates don’t want to live there

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I lived there for 2 years. It was chill until the Freddie Gray riots. And then dealing with county cacs and crime in the city became insufferable.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
You’re not wrong about the costs of NYC.

I saw that even parts of the Bronx are getting gentrified. I mean to be fair, the Bronx always had certain Italian neighborhoods. But it hasn’t been like that in decades.

It wouldn’t shock me if the white people who can’t afford to buy in Harlem (goodness, that’s another story) begin taking over the Bronx.

We already know that Brooklyn is pricing out black people.

Westchester, Long Island and Northern New Jersey can be slightly more affordable. But if you’re going to be 45 mins to 1 hour away from the city, why not go an extra 30 minutes out and REALLY save money on apartments or a house? At that point what’s the difference?

And 90 mins out of NYC gets you fairly close to Philly and Philly Suburbs.

Yeah they already in the Bronx...

They building a bunch of luxury buildings by the bx/Manhattan border...

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
They said the same thing about Philly. It was a war zone when I was a kid now multiple areas of Philly are getting gentrified. People talk shyt about Philly on the Coli but IRL, it’s a live city and mad people are moving there. The facts are as DC and NYC become too expensive to live in, people that want a similar urban city are going to move out in search of cheaper alternatives. The NYC outflow is pushing up Philly’s development, and the DC outflow will do the same to Baltimore over time.

I still don't see Bmore as gentrification ready. Murder rate is constantly over 300 per year. The city government is mostly Black. You know gentrifying types hate being under Black leadership. There is still so much corruption and dysfunction in the city government, high as hell taxes, general sense of lawlessness, youth out of control, the heroin/drug problem etc. This place is gonna be tough to change.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I was with my cousins two weeks ago and literally kept thinking about this video.

nikkas out here really do always talk about all their sons and nephews and all the hs and AAU games they gotta go to. That shyt was accurate as hell. When I think about it I know I’ve talked about how I had to go to somebody’s game all the way on one side of town then have to be all the way back on the other side to go get my daughter by a certain time
:russ:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Baltimore can’t be that bad, right?

Never been there. Have you?
What’s been your Baltimore experience?

:lupe:

:hubie:

Saw my first “trap house” in bmore. I thought that shyt was a joke until I started smelling some weird stuff and a nikka tried to follow my girl and I as we sped outta that neighborhood.

Don’t make wrong turns in certain places 😯

Don’t think I’ve been there since :huhldup:

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
Philly is worse than ever now.

It’s true some New Yorkers are moving there though. I knew someone I worked with who worked in NYC and lived in Philly. His commute was better than a co-worker that lived on Long Island.

I knew a guy who lived Boston and worked in Baltimore 5 days a week for years. The GM of one of my old jobs lived in Northern NJ and working in Baltimore 5 days a week.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
look up ownership on on all those boarded up brownstones and you'll be able to tell that gentrification is on schedule for Baltimore
Everybody should be acquainted with their local city planning office. They usually have public, if poorly publicized, meetings and minutes online. That's how everybody else be knowing whats coming while we be surprised.

I still don't see Bmore as gentrification ready. Murder rate is constantly over 300 per year. The city government is mostly Black. You know gentrifying types hate being under Black leadership. There is still so much corruption and dysfunction in the city government, high as hell taxes, general sense of lawlessness, youth out of control, the heroin/drug problem etc. This place is gonna be tough to change.
Yall got any buffer groups? Latinos? In Harlem, that's who they used.

:hubie:

Saw my first “trap house” in bmore. I thought that shyt was a joke until I started smelling some weird stuff and a nikka tried to follow my girl and I as we sped outta that neighborhood.

Don’t make wrong turns in certain places 😯

Don’t think I’ve been there since :huhldup:
That happened to us in Baltimore too, but, being hood folk ourselves, we weren't that uncomfortable. We calmly checked the gps while keeping an eye on the block and moved tf along. :pachaha:

Looked terrible tho, like the Juvenile Ha video. Poverty here ain't the same.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Everybody should be acquainted with their local city planning office. They usually have public, if poorly publicized, meetings and minutes online. That's how everybody else be knowing whats coming while we be surprised.

Yall got any buffer groups? Latinos? In Harlem, that's who they used.

That happened to us in Baltimore too, but, being hood folk ourselves, we weren't that uncomfortable. We calmly checked the gps while keeping an eye on the block and moved tf along. :pachaha:

Looked terrible tho, like the Juvenile Ha video. Poverty here ain't the same.
We stuck out like a sore thumb 🤣

Dude literally looked into my car and was bothered that we weren’t trying to see what’s good. I never found my way to the highway that quick Smdh