Cinemablend's Top 30 Superhero Movie List

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yeah I agree with you on Deadpool.

I watched it, liked it, but I don't get the way people talk about it as if it was some genre defying, genre defining movie.

We knew what the Deadpool character was from the comics, and they gave us that. Simple as.

Exactly. They gave the people exactly what they want.

Which doesn't sound difficult but seems to be a foreign concept among Hollywood sometimes.

How many times did it take them to get Wolverine right? Why did we get 9 X-Men films and Gambit appears for about 15 minutes in its entirety? We still haven't had a Batman film that accurately reflects the character in the comics we read. etc.

Deadpool's enjoyment was in its simplicity and authenticity to the character. EVERYTHING that happened in that movie could have come straight out of the comic or vice versa. Wasn't no grandstanding, it was just genuine Deadpool, which is already well liked.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have to agree Deadpool is overrated as fukk. It's a cool movie but people cheer for it like it's the second coming when in reality it's just people finally happy that something came out of fox (which they didn't even fully support) and the Xmen universe that wasn't wack and surpassed expectations.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've seen a few of these lately and they really be showing mad disrespect to Snipes like Wesley with Blade. Hardly gets mentioned. If it wasn't for Snipes Blade wouldn't have even came off, at the time he was pretty popular and brought the people in the seats off his name alone.

Blade was also way ahead of the curve when it came to the resurgence of superhero movies. It dropped a year after the genre was all but killed in 1997's disastrous flurry of Batman & Robin, Steel and Spawn, a good two years before X-Men and four years before Spider-Man (which received most of the credit after the fact).

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Take deadpool outta the top ten, and I love deadpool...but put batman begins higher, and replace hellboy with dredd

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Kick Ass is better than Deadpool... no one talks about it anymore. i guess the sequel fukked everything up. i also don't know why comics and graphic novels are lumped together sometimes, but not other times, b/c Kingsman is also a "R Rated comic movie" that is better than Deadpool.

I don't even dislike Deadpool, the hype is just out of control

I actually just find Deadpool fascinating.

Like the love it gets while it still some how does or has some of the so called "flaws" TRUE Marvel films have.... but no one shyts on it the way they get on the Marvel films.

Its like the rules changed

Martha

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
About 5 or 6 years ago, Rami was supposed to be directing a new shadow movie. Don't know what happened with it.

I think the possibility of that was tied to how well Green Hornet did.

The Baldwin movie is okay. I was hyped when it was about to come out. Ilove the Shadow's old radio show. Can be creepy as fukk.

Hollywood hasn't gotten Hornet, Shadow, or Lone Ranger right yet. Pulp heroes stay getting disrespected. :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
wow complete disrespect to First Class which was the best overall X Men movie by a large amount (havnt seen Logan, seen all the others)