Cinemablend's Top 30 Superhero Movie List

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Kickass was an incredible movie. Matthew Vaughn is better than everyone involved in Deadpool

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Kick Ass is better than Deadpool... no one talks about it anymore. i guess the sequel fukked everything up. i also don't know why comics and graphic novels are lumped together sometimes, but not other times, b/c Kingsman is also a "R Rated comic movie" that is better than Deadpool.

I don't even dislike Deadpool, the hype is just out of control

Kickass better than Deadpool

tumblr_n70r9fYytx1tpq97ro1_500.gif

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:Kickass was one of my favorite theater experiences of my life. Deadpool was 2nd to last. The most over the top, riduclous crowd I've ever watched a movie with. "Did Deadpool just say 'the?!' ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha-- - *2 scenes later* "--ah ah ha. the."

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:yeshrug:Kickass was one of my favorite theater experiences of my life. Deadpool was 2nd to last. The most over the top, riduclous crowd I've ever watched a movie with. "Did Deadpool just say 'the?!' ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha-- - *2 scenes later* "--ah ah ha. the."

It's a sign of success, really. People have said "We wanted Deadpool & they just delivered him to a film. End of." The problem with that statement is that it undermines how rare it is for a studio to deliver a near perfect depiction of a comic book character.

How long have they been trying to get Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. right? And still to this day you have people who are split on each incarnation. So to have a character like Deadpool, with a rabid fanbase, come to a damn near 100% consensus that they nailed it & they're happy with it, is quite an achievement.

A lot of writers, producers, fanbases, & comic book companies would kill for that execution and acclaim.

:ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's a sign of success, really. People have said "We wanted Deadpool & they just delivered him to a film. End of." The problem with that statement is that it undermines how rare it is for a studio to deliver a near perfect depiction of a comic book character.

How long have they been trying to get Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. right? And still to this day you have people who are split on each incarnation. So to have a character like Deadpool, with a rabid fanbase, come to a damn near 100% consensus that they nailed it & they're happy with it, is quite an achievement.

A lot of writers, producers, fanbases, & comic book companies would kill for that execution and acclaim.

:ohhh: So what you're both saying is that it's hard to come up with a consensus on opinion? Word? That's some profound shyt. You think it may be hard to come up with a list that everyone will agree on?

Conz

Superstar
Daps

fair... but just to play counterpoint for sake of discussion... the movie made $750 mil. how many mil of that were people who were demanding the character be faithful to the source material. the comic reading nerd is a dying bread . these are the biggest movies on the planet. most people on the planet don't read comics. there's a loud vocal minority online who whine when a race is changed or 2 characters are mixed to create one, but ultimately they are gonna stop caring about you.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

thank you!

and ima Deadpool fan FOREAL!
i actually went to the flix (after watching that leaked version of X-Men Origins with no CG :mjlol:) and almost tossed my blu razz slushy at the screen seeing how they did the homie Pool Guy! :francis:

this was the PERFECT portrayal of a comic character i think ive ever seen

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thank you!

and ima Deadpool fan FOREAL!
i actually went to the flix (after watching that leaked version of X-Men Origins with no CG :mjlol:) and almost tossed my blu razz slushy at the screen seeing how they did the homie Pool Guy! :francis:

this was the PERFECT portrayal of a comic character i think ive ever seen
Yeah. Kick ass gets forgotten because it's kick ass. That's no diss it's just reality. Kick ass doesn't have the pop culture cache of deadpool or the geek cache of the rocketeer. It's a good flick but I can understand why it wouldn't make a top 30 list. But I can also understand why it would.

It's almost as if opinions are varied and there's no exact science behind them:jbhmm:

But you all are right. Because it doesn't validate my beliefs or opinions it = trash:hhh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah. Kick ass gets forgotten because it's kick ass. That's no diss it's just reality. Kick ass doesn't have the pop culture cache of deadpool or the geek cache of the rocketeer. It's a good flick but I can understand why it wouldn't make a top 30 list. But I can also understand why it would.

It's almost as if opinions are varied and there's no exact science behind them:jbhmm:

But you all are right. Because it doesn't validate my beliefs or opinions it = trash:hhh:
yeah
and i liked Kick Ass alot! shyt, Im familiar with the comic book too! but it aint better than Deadpool. Im sorry. They really went out and did their homework for that one. not saying KickAss didnt, but its like you said... it doesnt have that pop culture cache of Pool Guy.