Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

Daps
Doubt she wrote it but either way she's the face of it and the lyrics don't match her actions. She can take this L .

Hopefully this starts a conversation about women stop talking about no needing a man like this is a good thing.

if you had a daughter/sister etc would you want her to "need" a man? let's talk about it lol

Daps
At least she ain't making no Mary J Blige trauma songs

i was actually bumpin this right now lol :wow:. i get it, people feel more important if someone is begging for you in their life, it makes for a good love song and a sweet fairytale. but irl, any grown and mentally stable person shouldn't "need" anybody

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Artist dont only make songs about their life:mjlol:
But i do believe your dominant content should somewhat fit your real life. Never listened to a whole ciara cd to say if she does or not. But your majority content is assumed to be your overall persona even if exaggerated

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
i was actually bumpin this right now lol :wow:. i get it, people feel more important if someone is begging for you in their life, it makes for a good love song and a sweet fairytale. but irl, any grown and mentally stable person shouldn't "need" anybody

Lmao I'm just trolling..

I fukk wit Mary tho..

But when a female chilling wit me, it's no Mary and no lifetime network😅

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Literally everyone in R&B/Hip-Hop makes music about a life they don't live but it's a problem when Ciara does it? :dahell:

I bet they would have no issue with Beyonce doing it.
Right.

The same woman with millions of dollars while being married to a billionaire. Out here talking about she quit her job cause she’s working too hard :mjlol: If you’re going to get mad at the Ciara song then you better go back and get every single chick that sung about shot they didn’t live lol. The hate for Ciara is out of control.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Right.

The same woman with millions of dollars while being married to a billionaire. Out here talking about she quit her job cause she’s working too hard :mjlol: If you’re going to get mad at the Ciara song then you better go back and get every single chick that sung about shot they didn’t live lol. The hate for Ciara is out of control.
I agree that's the way I see it.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Beyonce talks about she feels like falling in love on that "cuffing" song. How insulting because we already know she in love, how disrespectful to say that and so many of us really do wanna fall in love. Sick of it Beyonce!

See how dumb that sounds? :russ:

Daps
Lmao I'm just trolling..
I fukk wit Mary tho..
But when a female chilling wit me, it's no Mary and no lifetime network😅

i think it was actually a good point! nah mary had the fire love songs most of them about her heavy dependence on men to make her happy. but that wasn't her reality either as she was in abusive relationships behind the scenes :huhldup:

people forget that this music industry is entertainment lol. just catch a vibe

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
if you had a daughter/sister etc would you want her to "need" a man? let's talk about it lol

I would want my daughter to be able to support herself financially. That doesn't mean I want her to do everything on her own which is what the agenda is pushing.

Men need women and the other way around. There is no agenda being put out on the men side that says we don't need women. This is not normal and happens to specifically be pushed in the black community. It's decisive and ruining the family dynamic.

Ask yourself how many women you come across with this type of mentality and is living alone being bitter. It's a massive problem that more then surface level.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Literally everyone in R&B/Hip-Hop makes music about a life they don't live but it's a problem when Ciara does it? :dahell:

I bet they would have no issue with Beyonce doing it.

Beyonce is smart about it. She doesn’t do interviews and she let the media run amok with speculation about her and Jay-Z so when it was time to make her “statement” on it she did it through the music and everybody ate it up.

Ciara is all over social media and in every interview gushing about Russell and how well he treats her and how happy she is. There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with that whatsoever and I personally think she’s a good wife for always championing him and supporting him, but it comes off as phony when she switched to the “For all my single ladies” talk when she ain’t about that life. Hell she gets flack for twerking and dancing extra sexy like she ain’t a whole wife and mother of 3.

At some point your ART has to reflect your LIFE or at least the Life that your branding for yourself. Ciara would probably do well to go the “grown and sexy” route (like Usher did a minute) than trying to compete with “Thot&B” singers like Summer Walker and SZA. Thats not her lane anymore.

Last edited:
Daps
Men need women and the other way around. There is no agenda being put out on the men side that says we don't need women. This is not normal and happens to specifically be pushed in the black community. It's decisive and ruining the family dynamic.

u can't be serious with this bs :pachaha:

They call me Superman
Leap tall hoes in a single bound
I'm single now, got no ring on this finger now
I'll never let another chick bring me down
In a relationship, save it bytch
Babysit? You make me sick:skip:

Last edited: