Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

Daps
:unimpressed:so you gonna ignore everything I just said to drop some 20 year old Eminem verse who clearly had mommy problems. You think that compares to the movement that's going on now?

That's cool keep that same ideology and see how far that will take you and everyone else that follows the "I don't need a man" mentality.

what you said before that non-sense victim olympics bs basically agreed with my post. you have a preference for your daughter to have someone in her life to make it easier. that sounds like a desire, not a need. :yeshrug:
now typical for someone who has no logical point go to single woman scare tactics "you are going to be single" ooooh so scary!:mjlol:

also, that eminem song was posted more so to show it's not really a race issue as you tried to throw in on top of other rhetoric, feminism basically started with white women and im sure they have plenty of anthems too. i could have easily posted a hundred songs from the "bytches aint shyt" era that still persists today, but that's stating the obvious and some others in the thread have already pointed it out :russell:

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That train down left the station. The early 00’s destroyed traditional roles

Women: ‘I’m independent. I don’t need no man. We the nggas with money :hhh:

Nggas: okay :mjgrin:

Women: I’m tired of making all these decisions I like a man with a plan :francis: I want a soft life:damn::damn:

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Beyonce is smart about it. She doesn’t do interviews and she let the media run amok with speculation about her and Jay-Z so when it was time to make her “statement” on it she did it through the music and everybody ate it up.

Ciara is all over social media and in every interview gushing about Russell and how well he treats her and how happy she is. There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with that whatsoever and I personally think she’s a good wife for always championing him and supporting him, but it comes off as phony when she switched to the “For all my single ladies” talk when she ain’t about that life. Hell she gets flack for twerking and dancing extra sexy like she ain’t a whole wife and mother of 3.

At some point your ART has to reflect your LIFE or at least the Life that your branding for yourself. Ciara would probably do well to go the “grown and sexy” route (like Usher did a minute) than trying to compete with “Thot&B” singers like Summer Walker and SZA. Thats not her lane anymore.

True

Ciara has made her relationship with Russell a big part of her brand outside of music

Also with songs like Level Up...she did a song on Summer Walkers album detailing the pray which " got her Russell"

But after listening to the lyrics she isn't necessarily being anti man or marriage. A woman can "not need" a man, but still want a man. Nothing wrong with being alone. Timely message when we have popular acts like SZA promoting the opposite with songs like Kill Bill and The Weekend

I just killed my ex (my ex)
I still love him, though (I do)
Rather be in Hell than alone

(Kill Bill, SZA)

I just keep him satisfied through the weekend
You like 9 to 5, I'm the weekend
(The Weekend, SZA)

And Ciara, like us all, was once single. She was successful and doin her thing prior to any high profile relationships. She seems not to be scared to move on from a relationship if it's not working. She still works. Not really seeing a big problem

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The hook to single ladies is encouring women to get married tho

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

no it's not, it speaks in the past tense, saying that they already left them so now they are happily single

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
what i heard sounded pretty positive lol "this is for the girls that love yourself". we can't even give ourselves affirmations and compliments without people bytchin :beli:
affirmations for a lifestyle she doesn't live

a mother & wife making anthems for women still living like strays in the street

it's like when a nikka you know grew up good tries to get in the booth & talk some murder shyte

ha

being inauthentic is repulsive

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
affirmations for a lifestyle she doesn't live

a mother & wife making anthems for women still living like strays in the street

it's like when a nikka you know grew up good tries to get in the booth & talk some murder shyte

ha

being inauthentic is repulsive

Was she not once single and childless?

What exactly is she promoting that doesn't fit her brand or rings inauthentic?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
no it's not, it speaks in the past tense, saying that they already left them so now they are happily single

Single because the man would not marry them, that's central to the song's theme.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Art don't gotta be something you going through right then and there. It can reflect a past emotion or situation. Or it could be putting 🖊️ to somebody else's shyt. Ain't even that deep. Dem bird babble heaux listening to city girls popping off that shyt when one going home to get peed on by puff and the other get slapped around by someone two feet smaller than her.