Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Flav just broke the heart of the Trump supporter OP trying to start shyt:

"To be clear I support any alternative to Trump and just wish Sanders clarified his misleading marketing which caused these problems. I have nothing personal against Bernie but I have issues with how he and his people have handled this.”

Public Enemy and Public Enemy Radio to Move Forward Without Flavor Flav

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
That's Chuck D's whole point though. Flav the one who made the dispute public and tried to fukk the whole thing up because....why? In the cease and desist letter he didn't even say why he didn't want him to do it, he just tried to block it. Imagine putting all of your mind and your energy into this shyt for 37 years, making it work with Flav and dealing with his fukkery all this while, and then he tries to block something major you got going when he don't even have a stake in it.

Anyone who follows Public Enemy at all knows that Chuck D was supposed to be a solo act and he :cape: his ass off for Flav on multiple occasions when others wanted to push him out of the group, and that he been there for him over and over when his life was falling apart and as he's been in and out of jail and rehab. If Chuck hadn't got Flav's ass out of New York and put him in LA to keep him away from certain destructive elements (and thus indirectly got his VH1 career started), most of y'all clowning in here wouldn't even know who he was.

We all knew EXACTLY what the armchair militant response was going to be the second the news dropped.

exactly

i just came in here to see

1. the chuck d disrespect
2. flava flav stanning

100 daps are split by 70 cacs and 30 black trump supporters

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Holy shyt! I respect your outspokenness and bravery.

so you respect this trump supporter who has posted no receipts opposed to @Rhakim whos in here dropping paragraphs of facts?

i can tolerate your ignorance on many hiphop topics but im not gona cosign you supporting trump posts and dissing a well respected poster/mod @hex

you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Public Enemy will always be Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Professor Griff, Terminator X and The Bomb Squad

For y'all even think PE is Chuck shows y'all knowledge because that core made Public Enemy and when those elements Bomb Squad, Terminator X and Professor Griff left PE was never the same.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
It had nothing to do with beliefs. Chuck D has always had to do free benefit concerts on his own cause Flav don't show up without a check. But this time around Flav's management sent a cease-and-desist letter trying to block Chuck D from doing his own thing on his own time. That's what pissed him off, cause he's had to go to bat for Flav over and over again through all the fukked up shyt he's been through and now he's trying to mess with Chuck D's own life and objectives.

Well said, respect!

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Yes Chuck and the group have been through a lot with him. I remember when they did Rebel Without A Pause at this same show,when Chuck got to the part "Flav a legend in his own mind,supporter of my rhyme",Chuck looked at the other band members rolling his eyes. Flav also missed the 2002 Revolverlution tour because he was locked up for parole violation. I'm honestly surprised he lasted this long.

Crazy shyt.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I was on Chuck D Twitter page and 90% of his support of removing Flavor Flav is liberal ass Bernie supporting white people. Talking about they listened to Public Enemy. They couldn't name 5 songs from PE

Last edited:

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I love this thread for showing me who's supporting the upliftment of black and colored people, and who's not.

If there was ANY doubt, it's clear now.

Anyone supporting Flav are against the upliftment or are very ignorant to Flav and his value, role and history in PE.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People trying to put this on Flav are bugging. Yes, we know about Flavor Flav's history. Yes, we know about his shenanigans throughout his life. But not ONCE have Flav included anything he was involved with P.E. he kept his personal life, his personal choices, his personal views SEPARATE from that of the group. Never once he used P.E. to boost his own career. He created his own brand. He never injected the group to support any political support EVEN when he spoke kindly about Trump. He never said P.E. endorsed Trump or used P.E. to rally for Trump.

And MOST OF ALL to this day, he NEVER BAD MOUTHED Chuck D publicly EVER. Even while suing the management team over unpaid royalties he still gave love and support to Chuck personally and merely said the business isn't going to out shadow their friendship. And Chuck in return does this. And shyt on Flav publicly.

fukk Chuck D for real because his true colors are finally showing. This was the man who claimed "not a jackass or an elephant", but want to used the GROUP to endorse Bernie. This was the man who called Publuc Enemy "anti-government", but willing to use the GROUP to endorse the biggest PRO-GOVERNMENT candidate out! This is the same man, not once but TWICE kicked a founding member out over a JEW and claiming that he's "protecting" the image of P.E.

If you listened to ANY interviews by both Professor Griff and Flavor Flav, they both would tell you that Chuck D essentially controlled Flav's life and and could been INSTRUMENTAL in saving Flav from himself rather than letting it happen and defending it. It was CHUCK D's idea for Flav to go to Hollywood and become a celebrity reality star. It was Chuck D always been control freak until Flav felt like he wasn't getting his due. And still Flav never bad mouthed him.

It's heartbreaking. And terrible this legendary shyt is over because Chuck out in his feelings over Flav's letter to Bernie Sanders.