Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I feel like Flav is a Trump supporter, from what little I know, when he had that VH1 show, he didn't seem the most politically astute.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Over an old white guy of all things :snoop:
Dudes are too lazy to read half an article these days :unimpressed:

Dude is suing them all the time, they are not on speaking terms and he's not supporting shyt like Harry Belafonte. Meaning that they think that not only has he turned into to a c00n but he also fukks up their bread and takes people to court.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Dudes are too lazy to read half an article these days :unimpressed:

Dude is suing them all the time, they are not on speaking terms and he's not supporting shyt like Harry Belafonte. Meaning that they think that not only has he turned into to a c00n but he also fukks up their bread and takes people to court.

He can say bernie wasn't the last straw, but the optics are there regardless.

:unimpressed:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stopped reading at this point since its clear your just typing to type.

flav is the hypeman for p.e.

anything and everything he does represents them

chuck put him on and can take him off

What Flavor Flav does and support is his choice the same as who Chuck D does and support. The DIFFERENCE is Flav kept it separate from Public Enemy. Chuck D is incorporating P.E. into his own personal endorsement.

Flav had EVERY RIGHT to tell the Sanders campaign to not include him or mislead people because he never endorsed Bernie.

Flavor Flav, at the HEIGHT of the group's popularity, was the main reason for its popularity. So, to just dumb it down to "just a hype man", hype men wouldn't even EXIST had it not been for Flavor Flav.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Flav had EVERY RIGHT to tell the Sanders campaign to not include him or mislead people because he never endorsed Bernie..
Why didnt Flav handle this internally with Chuck?

Flav could have eloquently posted he wont be performing with P.E. at the Bernie Sanders Rally.

BUT-

Breh sent a whole C&D letter representing the group, Not his personal interests.

Chuck's beef is Flav getting paid for EVERYTHING, whereas he does free shows.

Chuck said the only way Flav would do a Bernie show is IF he was getting paid.

I mean, take that for what it is..

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What Flavor Flav does and support is his choice the same as who Chuck D does and support. The DIFFERENCE is Flav kept it separate from Public Enemy. Chuck D is incorporating P.E. into his own personal endorsement.

How can anything he did in entertainment be separate from Public Enemy? People see Flav they associate it with Public Enemy. There were people who saw Flav on a negative light because of his stint in reality television asking what Chuck D thought. If what Flav was doing didn't represent Public Enemy, no one would care what Chuck D thought. Honestly, neither of them can really do much on their own and say "hey, this is my thing and not indicative of the group". People see Flav or Chuck D and they are going to associate their work with Public Enemy.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck D always light weight hated on Flavor, he wanted the universal love that flavor always got. And Flavor always outshined Chuck D, was more popular and you know that shyt hurted his soul.

This is revisionist history and gossip:francis:

I grew up on PE and Chuck D was the reason the group mattered. Flav had his role and was loved but don't let your opinion of Chuck in 2020 change his place in the group's history.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Flav had EVERY RIGHT to tell the Sanders campaign to not include him or mislead people because he never endorsed Bernie.

Flavor Flav, at the HEIGHT of the group's popularity, was the main reason for its popularity. So, to just dumb it down to "just a hype man", hype men wouldn't even EXIST had it not been for Flavor Flav.

Issuing a C&D letter is the definition of not keeping it separate from PE.

As far as the bolded....:mjlol:

Again....:mjlol:

He was a hype man and his solo songs (aside from "911 Is A Joke") were considered novelties on the PE albums. The greatest songs in PE's discography, feature Chuck D front and center....and Flav as a mere hype man.

Fred.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Chuck D Yells “fukk Donald Trump” At SXSW, Flavor Flav Is Like “Not So Fast”

Flav been on some not-so-subliminal :mjpls: shyt for years; I ain't surprised this latest round of nonsense finally drove Chuck D up a wall with him. 99% of people pretending to be outraged or indignant about this don't even listen to or follow modern 2020 Public Enemy's music anyway so I'll let them cook for the next 12-36 hours before they get bored and proceed to never mention or listen to anything either of them go on to do separately for another decade or more :sas2:
kicking your guy out cuz they dont like the same white man as you is some hoe shyt...
...black folks love these politicians way too much.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Lol he'll be back. They always kick him out and he comes back in. Run along nikkas nothing to see here.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Yes he does own Public Enemy, did you not read shyt? Flav's lawyer even admitted that Chuck D owned Public Enemy in his response letter. :russ:

Chuck D habitually does appearances for free when it's a cause he believes in, that's his entire M.O. You clearly don't know shyt about Public Enemy, do you? :gucci:

I'm convinced dudes are just posting blindfolded and straight up not reading/thinking critically about anything.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I'm convinced dudes are just posting blindfolded and straight up not reading/thinking critically about anything.
They don't actually care about this or PE. Some of the folks in here are quasi- Trump Supporters mad that Chuck D is riding with Bernie. The rest are just the typical crabs that jump at any chance to call a "conscious" rapper a hypocrite...

Last edited: