Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
I guess Brothers Not Gonna Work It Out
:francis:

Nah Ku$h. All jokes aside...Bruhs, WE GOTTA WORK THIS shyt OUT.

All the shyt these 2 brothas done been through. Government, feds, record companies, racist kkkacs, crack addiction, internal drama, and STILL held each other down. Rode with another...

Never was about whose greater Chuck or Flav it ain't NEVER been about that shyt. Social media have tried to turn this incident into something else. Infiltrators, muthafukkin kkklowns and these new age chicken george ass nikkaz who only know Flavor Flav from Flavor of love. Never once sat down and listened to a PE album front to back reading the lyrics word for word, fukk they opinions.

Word to @Waterproof. The hood LOVED Flav, WE loved him. Chuck was the spirit, he brought the lessons pops spit, was the voice of the fatherless. Flav was the jam, the streets, the front of the liquor store comic relief, the cousin who lightened the serious mood gettin the party started who had everybody dancin forgetting their worries and strife.

Spiritual people, it's in our DNA. Griff brought the NOI discipline to the group with the Bomb Squad on production. Mix it all together and you got one of the greatest rap groups of all time. Every member was essential and a part of each other. That was PE.

I hate how this was handled. Not a good look period. Dont agree on both sides airing and postin responses with the back and forth over social media......

Making statements to feed racists, trolls, or any muthafukka who has an agenda.

These two brothas have been through a lot, that entire group. We all know Flav have his issues and Chuck D probably most likely done had it. Dont do it like THIS though. Gotta be another way based on EVERYTHING this group have stood for. fukk this government, these policies that have ended lives. Cats done survived Nixon, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton, Obama, Trump....WE WILL WORK THIS shyt OUT.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Nah Ku$h. All jokes aside...Bruhs, WE GOTTA WORK THIS shyt OUT.

All the shyt these 2 brothas done been through. Government, feds, record companies, racist kkkacs, crack addiction, internal drama, and STILL held each other down. Rode with another...

Never was about whose greater Chuck or Flav it ain't NEVER been about that shyt. Social media have tried to turn this incident into something else. Infiltrators, muthafukkin kkklowns and these new age chicken george ass nikkaz who only know Flavor Flav from Flavor of love. Never once sat down and listened to a PE album front to back reading the lyrics word for word, fukk they opinions.

Word to @Waterproof. The hood LOVED Flav, WE loved him. Chuck was the spirit, he brought the lessons pops spit, was the voice of the fatherless. Flav was the jam, the streets, the front of the liquor store comic relief, the cousin who lightened the serious mood gettin the party started who had everybody dancin forgetting their worries and strife.

Spiritual people, it's in our DNA. Griff brought the NOI discipline to the group with the Bomb Squad on production. Mix it all together and you got one of the greatest rap groups of all time. Every member was essential and a part of each other. That was PE.

I hate how this was handled. Not a good look period. Dont agree on both sides airing and postin responses with the back and forth over social media......

Making statements to feed racists, trolls, or any muthafukka who has an agenda.

These two brothas have been through a lot, that entire group. We all know Flav have his issues and Chuck D probably most likely done had it. Dont do it like THIS though. Gotta be another way based on EVERYTHING this group have stood for. fukk this government, these policies that have ended lives. Cats done survived Nixon, Carter, Reagan, both Bushes, Clinton, Obama, Trump....WE WILL WORK THIS shyt OUT.

Excellent Post! Dap and Rep! Word Up!

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed, I hate how it was handled as well. I know Chuck is probably tired of taking the high road, but he should've stayed on it. I really cringed after the line about going to rehab. Even if Flav was in the wrong, and I think he was and is, should've left that out. For Chuck to act like that, safe to say it's been building for a long time.

I know some people that know Chuck and the consensus is that he is nice almost to a fault to where they think some people take advantage of his kindness. I guess Flav must have went beyond.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Agreed, I hate how it was handled as well. I know Chuck is probably tired of taking the high road, but he should've stayed on it. I really cringed after the line about going to rehab. Even if Flav was in the wrong, and I think he was and is, should've left that out. For Chuck to act like that, safe to say it's been building for a long time.

I know some people that know Chuck and the consensus is that he is nice almost to a fault to where they think some people take advantage of his kindness. I guess Flav must have went beyond.

Just heard Chuck D speak at a book review. Had nothing but good things to say about Flavor Flav.

He mentioned to someone who asked about there being any issues between the two. He said "Thats his brother." And as far as anything legal goes, he let the lawyers handle it. Kinda laughing it off. This was in regards to a lawsuit Flav had about songs he had wrote in the group.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjlol: Bruh it's alright to be wrong sometimes we can't be right about everything. But since you said Going Gold is a flop when everything they done up to it was Platinum. I guess I will play along with you

Yo! Bum Rush The Show ~ Gold
It Takes A Nation Of Millions ~ Platinum
Fear Of A Black Planet ~ Platinum
Apocalypse 91 ~ Platinum
Muse Sick ~ Gold

That's a hella of fukkin run 3 Platinum Album's and 2 Gold Albums. Going Gold is not a flop, Yo Bum Rush The Show is not a flop either

Now yes Flavor Flav is equally important because Chuck D knows and said it himself. Def Jam didn't want Flavor Flav and Chuck D knew that the group needed Flavor Flav because the shyt wouldn't work.

To the other question why would I think Chuck D would of sold after Muse Sick. Well according to You and like minded individuals Public Enemy was all Chuck D. Flavor Flav is just a hype man right? So if Public Enemy went Gold and PE is all Chuck D then Chuck D could at least sell 50,000 to 100,000 for his solo.

shyt the Professor Griff who y'all nikkas said just do steps with SW1 First 2 Solo albums charted on the billboard .

Currently listening to It Takes A Nation Of Millions

Flavor Flav just a hype man right?

His solo album Hollywood dropped in 2006 he been working on it since 99

The album reached No. 44 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and No. 80 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Here's Public Enemy Group Members First Album Billboard

Terminator X ~ #97 on the Billboard 200 and #19 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums

Professor Griff ~ 127 on the Billboard 200 and #24 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart

Chuck D ~ US Billboard 200 #190
US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) #47

Flavor Flav ~ No. 44 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and No. 80 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Flavor Flav charted the highest of all the members and Flav, Griff and Terminator X charted higher then Chuck D.

Like I said Public Enemy is a Band a Group and they all played an important role in one of the arguably Top 5 Groups in Hip Hop

ALL FACTS except the bolded. PE is EASILY a Top 5 Hip-Hop group OAT.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Griff is on live right now....

Yo in this interview Public Enemy Minster Of Information said what I been saying in this thread in his words "Public Enemy will not be who they was without Flavor Flav"

He also said what I said everyone played an important part that made PE one of hip hop most influential groups. He said The Bomb Squad, Chuck D, Terminator X, SW1's and Him Professor Griff and Flavor Flav had a chemistry that Made Public Enemy they all played an important part and he broke it down like I did

Half of Y'all booth nikkas just talking to be talking and don't know shyt About Public Enemy or hip hop.

And y'all on a public platform with your bullshyt is misleading a lot of people.

That's why I go hard! I'm from the Golden Era and y'all need to stop fakin jacks and lying

No Chuck D is not Public Enemy and he needed Flavor Flav, Professor Griff, Terminator X, SW1's and Bomb Squad

Y'all nikkas really tried to down play Flav, SW1, Griff, X and Bomb Squad

Now we got the truth from Griff! I know what I talk about

That's why I didn't believe Y'all Hype

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Griff more or less expressed my points. I can't rock with Chuck on this one.

Mines too on how without Flavor Flav Public Enemy Wouldn't be Public Enemy and also he stated what I was preaching Flavor, Griff, Terminator X, SW1's, The Bomb Squad and Chuck D made Public Enemy Great all of them had a chemistry and played an important part

Let these Booth nikkas tell you, it's Chuck D

You know your shyt also, you were dropping Jewels on their heads

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck D was and is my favorite element of PE, but I won't dispute that it was a collaborative effort that made it work at the level it did. Flav was personally my least favorite element, but I recognize what he brought and that some people needed that element since Chuck can be professorial at times.