Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
The Hype Man sent a cease and desist letter saying the show in canceled...who is not the leader nor owner of the P.E. name?

And yall tripping over Chuck D firing Flav?

In the article it even says Chuck gave Flav a year to get his shyt together..

Looks like this was the nail in the coffin..

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Chuck should have had Griff's back.
It was more than just having his back.

Had he sided with Griff.

1.Lyor who is a jew would have basically buried the group.

2.JDL was all over they ass for the misconstrued statement in the article.

3.JDL was going after Spike Lee to remove "Fight The Power" from Do The Right Thing, which was an integral track for the movie.

Both Chuck and Griff thought it would gloss over until Chuck got a call from Spike.

Thats when he knew shyt hit the fan.

SO at the end of the day, you'd give up your whole group to have your friends back in a industry you cant control?

Chuck didnt want to ostracize Griff, but he had to for the sake of the group, and Griff understood that.

UNCLE JAM

Pro
Daps
That's horrible. Chuck must have been through alot of this.

Yes Chuck and the group have been through a lot with him. I remember when they did Rebel Without A Pause at this same show,when Chuck got to the part "Flav a legend in his own mind,supporter of my rhyme",Chuck looked at the other band members rolling his eyes. Flav also missed the 2002 Revolverlution tour because he was locked up for parole violation. I'm honestly surprised he lasted this long.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
fukk Trump, i notice there's a different energy in this entire site as of recently i know there are supporters of his but now it's becoming more blatant and open to support that clown who is ruining the United States along with the rest of the world. fukk Ya'll for real. :pacspit:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:ask the most politically/militant driven group to not engage in politics breh.
:mjlol: What is militant about Bernie Sanders?

Chuck D doesn’t own the group. He can’t sign up Public Enemy to shill for Bernie Sanders because he needs some money. He should have said Chuck D will be performing, not Public Enemy.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Bernie didn't push anything. The issue wasn't Bernie, the issue was Flav's management getting a lawyer to send a cease-and-desist letter regarding Chuck D's own business. He was trying to fukk up shyt Chuck D was doing for free on his own time, when Flav has openly said he doesn't even care about politics like that. You seriously think anyone should just tolerate that sort of behavior from a collaborator?
Chuck D was NOT doing that for free :comeon:

Quid pro quo is very real. He ain’t showing up anywhere on the humble.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: What is militant about Bernie Sanders?

Chuck D doesn’t own the group. He can’t sign up Public Enemy to shill for Bernie Sanders because he needs some money. He should have said Chuck D will be performing, not Public Enemy.

but he does....hence why he used the public enemy name.....you think flavor flav owns PE? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:stoop to Flavor of Love and VH1 for checks while you own Public Enemy :stopitslime:and again, the bernie concert was a free concert.....jesus......:what:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
This.

Flav was out here getting roasted for being hugged up with Bridgett Nielsen and letting her call him "foofy" and now people are outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy. I mean, Flav was called all kinds of c00n for that and the Flavor of Love show. People said he tap danced for VH1 and are now outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy.
This is the whole point. Flav been a life long drug addict, a literal caricature of a c00n, and acted the fool on tv for a check and he gets fired over Bernie :dahell:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yes he does own Public Enemy, did you not read shyt? Flav's lawyer even admitted that Chuck D owned Public Enemy in his response letter. :russ:

Chuck D was NOT doing that for free :comeon:

Quid pro quo is very real. He ain’t showing up anywhere on the humble.
Chuck D habitually does appearances for free when it's a cause he believes in, that's his entire M.O. You clearly don't know shyt about Public Enemy, do you? :gucci:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
but he does....hence why he used the public enemy name.....you think flavor flav owns PE? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:stoop to Flavor of Love and VH1 for checks while you own Public Enemy :stopitslime:and again, the bernie concert was a free concert.....jesus......:what:
I don’t know who owns, presumably their record label :mjpls:

Just because it’s free to go to, doesn’t mean he’s doing it for free. Colleges give free concerts all the time but the artists still get their fee.

Flav is up on game. Chuck D gets his money and probably throws Flav some scraps. Flav will do ANYTHING for money so this lets me know Chuck was on some BS.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yes he does own Public Enemy, did you not read shyt? Flav's lawyer even admitted that Chuck D owned Public Enemy in his response letter. :russ:

Chuck D habitually does appearances for free when it's a cause he believes in, that's his entire M.O. You clearly don't know shyt about Public Enemy, do you? :gucci:
I missed that part. :whoa:

The original point still stands. If Flav doesn’t support Bernie, why should he be made to perform? Especially for free or at a steep discount? Flav is old as dirt and battling damn near every ailment that comes as a result of drug use, if I was him I wouldn’t be doing a damn thing if it’s not for a check.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I missed that part. :whoa:

The original point still stands. If Flav doesn’t support Bernie, why should he be made to perform? Especially for free or at a steep discount? Flav is old as dirt and battling damn near every ailment that comes as a result of drug use, if I was him I wouldn’t be doing a damn thing if it’s not for a check.

Chuck D didn't ask him to perform. He gave up on Flav performing in these things a long time ago.

The argument wasn't about Flav not performing, the argument was about Chuck D using the Public Enemy name that he OWNS. Like he said in an earlier statement, Flav got new management and the man is out there chasing everything he can trying to make a buck. They filed a cease-and-desist letter to the Bernie campaign and made it public hoping to intimidate Bernie into cutting them off a little something to settle shyt, and THAT is what pissed Chuck D off because he was doing this of his own free will as a cause he believed in and Flav's people just come in and try to fukk his shyt up in order to make a buck off of it.