Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
He has stood by Flav thru a whole lot of shyt for all those years. Of course nobody is gonna fault Flav bein a whole contradiction of what PE was about and still being kept in the group should show how loyal Chuck is.

How many people in here even seen a Public Enemy show?

Whatever the issue was they could've always fixed this behind closed doors though, not everything should be shown to the public.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Whatever the issue was they could've always fixed this behind closed doors though, not everything should be shown to the public.

That's Chuck D's whole point though. Flav the one who made the dispute public and tried to fukk the whole thing up because....why? In the cease and desist letter he didn't even say why he didn't want him to do it, he just tried to block it. Imagine putting all of your mind and your energy into this shyt for 37 years, making it work with Flav and dealing with his fukkery all this while, and then he tries to block something major you got going when he don't even have a stake in it.

Anyone who follows Public Enemy at all knows that Chuck D was supposed to be a solo act and he :cape: his ass off for Flav on multiple occasions when others wanted to push him out of the group, and that he been there for him over and over when his life was falling apart and as he's been in and out of jail and rehab. If Chuck hadn't got Flav's ass out of New York and put him in LA to keep him away from certain destructive elements (and thus indirectly got his VH1 career started), most of y'all clowning in here wouldn't even know who he was.

Y'all do the extreme shyt too much.
The responses in here are crazy
Especially about Chuck

But since I actually read the press release, it's more of a temporary long ass time out
hasn't flav consistently no-showed at events and appearances over the years? riding around on a bmx bike with a pound of weed? smoking crack?

not defending chuck but flav is a wasteman
This.

Flav was out here getting roasted for being hugged up with Bridgett Nielsen and letting her call him "foofy" and now people are outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy. I mean, Flav was called all kinds of c00n for that and the Flavor of Love show. People said he tap danced for VH1 and are now outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy.
He has stood by Flav thru a whole lot of shyt for all those years. Of course nobody is gonna fault Flav bein a whole contradiction of what PE was about and still being kept in the group should show how loyal Chuck is.

How many people in here even seen a Public Enemy show?
Chuck D Yells “fukk Donald Trump” At SXSW, Flavor Flav Is Like “Not So Fast”

Flav been on some not-so-subliminal :mjpls: shyt for years; I ain't surprised this latest round of nonsense finally drove Chuck D up a wall with him. 99% of people pretending to be outraged or indignant about this don't even listen to or follow modern 2020 Public Enemy's music anyway so I'll let them cook for the next 12-36 hours before they get bored and proceed to never mention or listen to anything either of them go on to do separately for another decade or more :sas2:
I have been to a Public Enemy concert more than 10 years ago and the crowd was mainly white and over 50. A lot of 80's metal heads in there..

They know their audience and most importantly SUPPORTERS,

How many concern trolls here have actually seen these guy live or paid for anything from them in 37 years?:sas2:

But Chuck is fukking up armchair militants say stfu :deadmanny:

close thread

fake outrage
Yo it wasn't over fukking Bernie lmao.

We all knew EXACTLY what the armchair militant response was going to be the second the news dropped.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's Chuck D's whole point though. Flav the one who made the dispute public and tried to fukk the whole thing up because....why? In the cease and desist letter he didn't even say why he didn't want him to do it, he just tried to block it. Imagine putting all of your mind and your energy into this shyt for 37 years, making it work with Flav and dealing with his fukkery all this while, and then he tries to block something major you got going when he don't even have a stake in it.

Anyone who follows Public Enemy at all knows that Chuck D was supposed to be a solo act and he :cape: his ass off for Flav on multiple occasions when others wanted to push him out of the group, and that he been there for him over and over when his life was falling apart and as he's been in and out of jail and rehab. If Chuck hadn't got Flav's ass out of New York and put him in LA to keep him away from certain destructive elements (and thus indirectly got his VH1 career started), most of y'all clowning in here wouldn't even know who he was.

We all knew EXACTLY what the armchair militant response was going to be the second the news dropped.
Excellent post. repped.

I hate how the internet is so click-bait driven and leads to a lot of knee jerk reactions.

People have to stop falling for the most obvious narrative in their face and start doing a lil bit of diggin plus logic application. Chuck is very solid and fair with Flav.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Here comes the fake outrage...from bored people on social media who aint checkin for or supporting Public Enemy in no capacity and only know Flav from his VH1 show
Exactly.. I just think it’s funny cause they’d put out music and it’s crickets... now people are going to give them all this attention over this shyt. They’re still in my lifetime playlist and that’s not changing soooo...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't. Older heads though, they may think something about this. Like my dad said yesterday when I told him, there are two things you can't change someone's mind on; politics and religion. You stood by him when he was a fiend but this was the line? The check must have been worth it because those that attended the rally didn't know or care about who they were. You can keep the smileys to yourself.

There was no check, dumbass. Like Chuck D said, if there was a check Flav woulda been there in a quick minute. You really think this was an ideological issue with him and he's turning down getting paid in order to take a stand, considering the sort of shyt he's done for money the last few years? Chuck D said that Flav regularly refused to do free benefit concerts and this was just the latest one. He's got someone in management now who tried to get him to go this legal route to see if they could strongarm the campaign into breaking something off for them and pulling that public shyt with it pissed Chuck D off too much to just let him cook.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
h

Yep. And what's crazier is that the attitude towards Flav during his whole VH1 run was "they (as in white people) can have Flav" and Chuck D didn't go turncoat on him even when he could've gotten heat for not coming at Flav.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y'all letting literal Trump supporters troll you with threads.

I'm a conservative in a Blue state in a Blue city. I'm voting Trump.
I'm Black. Tell me why I should be against Trump or any Republican? Registered Republican BTW.
90% of women on there want nothing to do with Republicans or Trump supporters. You rarely saw political affiliation in a Tinder profile. Now it's weird if you don't. I just have to step my confidence up and meet people the old fashioned way because this online shyt isn't going to work for me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm :dead: at this social media era of "whatever I hear first is right."

Flav been a clown and drug addict damn near the entire run of PE's existence. Why anyone would take his word as gospel....who the fukk knows? Because he issued a statement first? :gucci:

shyt is mind boggling. And for the record, I don't give two fukks about politics in general, so I have no dog in this Bernie Sanders fight. But you cats gotta be smoking the same crack Flav was, to take his word over Chuck D. Based on absolutely nothing.

Fred.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Flav been a c00n and liability, but it’s not a good look for this Bernie Sanders thing to (seem to) be the last straw. Just crazy for Chuck of all people to let a white politician push things over the edge.

Bernie didn't push anything. The issue wasn't Bernie, the issue was Flav's management getting a lawyer to send a cease-and-desist letter regarding Chuck D's own business. He was trying to fukk up shyt Chuck D was doing for free on his own time, when Flav has openly said he doesn't even care about politics like that. You seriously think anyone should just tolerate that sort of behavior from a collaborator?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Side note, Trump supporters should be perma-banned from the site. The fukk are you even doing here? :gucci:

Fred.

The site has gone downhill because of shytty ownership and you're openly advocating for banning people who see things differently than you. Echo chamber. Spend some more money and maybe this place won't be the cesspool it has become. Awesome when the entire place shuts down overnight because the bills don't allow for 24/7 posting.