Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We not talking about Griff.

And regardless..Flav sent a statement regarding the GROUP, whatever the name is...

But it wasn't directed at Chuck. It was directed at the Sanders campaign to not include him or his likeness or mislead the public into thinking it'll be P.E and not just Chuck D with backup dancers.

It's not even about the name or who owns the name. Just a simple request not to include or imply that Flav's a part of that.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Chuck D been wanting to run w/ liberal white folks ever since he got that radio show on that failed network Air America.

Kicking your man out over different opinions on a politician is some shyt I would expect from a internet teenager.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw homie I grew up on Public Enemy Copped their first album in 1987 as a 10 year old and Chuck D was not the muthafukkin reason Public Enemy mattered if that was the case he would of went solo and Chuck D knows, I knows and you damn well know Nobody would of brought a Solo Chuck D album

Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Terminator X, The Bomb Squad and Professor Griff is the reason Public Enemy Mattered

Like I said Hip Hop was Rockin Big Clocks, screaming yeaaaah boy! Doing the Flavor Flav Dance in 1990, and 2 Flavor Flav led singles Can't Do Nothing and 911 Was a Joke was always played at parties. And I dare you say revisionist. I was in Jr High in 1990, I was living this in actual time
Just like NOBODY cared about that forgettable MISTER CHUCK album!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People in here are acting like 911 is a Joke wasn't the lead single and video to their 3rd album at the HEIGHT of their popularity! And the video was made without any presence of Chuck D.... but folks want to claim Flav is merely a "hype man" and not a partner who created with Chuck since before P.E. was thought of.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs losing their damn minds in here.

PE was a radical/militant/political/ conscious act. Those are all the things that Flavor Flav isn't yet he's the most important member and reason for their popularity:russ:

Take Chuck away and there is no PE. In the beginning Flav was just the guy with the clock doing the dances. His voice wasn't heard on a lot of the songs.

Let's just forget the history and ignore when people thought he was a clown/minstrel and people asked Chuck why he was even in the group.

"By The Time I Get To Arizona" was so controversial and had the FBI watching them because of Flavor Flav:mjlol:

The coli always does this shyt where they gotta choose sides but then unnecessarily throw someone under the bus while propping up someone who doesn't deserve it. You can disagree with Chuck but don't make him the hype man while turning Flav into a martyr and the heart and soul of PE.

All this.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People in here are acting like 911 is a Joke wasn't the lead single and video to their 3rd album at the HEIGHT of their popularity! And the video was made without any presence of Chuck D.... but folks want to claim Flav is merely a "hype man" and not a partner who created with Chuck since before P.E. was thought of.

It wasn't the lead single, "Fight The Power" was. :dahell:

Hell, I think "911 Is A Joke" was like the 3rd or 4th single, off the album.

Fred.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
But it wasn't directed at Chuck. It was directed at the Sanders campaign to not include him or his likeness or mislead the public into thinking it'll be P.E and not just Chuck D with backup dancers.

It's not even about the name or who owns the name. Just a simple request not to include or imply that Flav's a part of that.
End of day.

This should have been discussed with Chuck in private if it was a issue.

Chuck said P.E. is performing. Flava says NO because HE feels there is no P.E. without him, and Chuck says no, I own the name.

Obvious there is a disconnect if 1.Chuck didnt know Flav's political ties. 2.Chuck-"Hey Flav we about to do a free show for Bernie" Flav"Not with me performing"

Public Enemy will still be public enemy, just no Flav.

I listen to P.E. for Chuck D, and Flav's ad libs.

Also Chuck says Flav is about payola, had he been getting paid, he would had overlooked EVERYTHING.

Much of this is glossed over in the grand scheme.

Chuck didnt all of a sudden say fukk Flav..Flav been doing this to himself.

Groups break up and find new members all the time.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was more than just having his back.

Had he sided with Griff.

1.Lyor who is a jew would have basically buried the group.

2.JDL was all over they ass for the misconstrued statement in the article.

3.JDL was going after Spike Lee to remove "Fight The Power" from Do The Right Thing, which was an integral track for the movie.

Both Chuck and Griff thought it would gloss over until Chuck got a call from Spike.

Thats when he knew shyt hit the fan.

SO at the end of the day, you'd give up your whole group to have your friends back in a industry you cant control?

Chuck didnt want to ostracize Griff, but he had to for the sake of the group, and Griff understood that.

Chuck was in a no win situation. It would be like if Ice Cube kept saying jew after the death certificate CD. Cube would have been buried and the predator album would have never been released.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Just like NOBODY cared about that forgettable MISTER CHUCK album!
:mjlol:

I forgot about that album! Chuck should of threw Flavor Flav on it and called it a Public Enemy Album and moved some unit's

But let Coli tell it Chuck D is Public Enemy, The nikka couldn't move units on his own

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
End of day.

This should have been discussed with Chuck in private if it was a issue.

Chuck said P.E. is performing. Flava says NO because HE feels there is no P.E. without him, and Chuck says no, I own the name.

Obvious there is a disconnect if 1.Chuck didnt know Flav's political ties. 2.Chuck-"Hey Flav we about to do a free show for Bernie" Flav"Not with me performing"

Public Enemy will still be public enemy, just no Flav.

I listen to P.E. for Chuck D, and Flav's ad libs.

Also Chuck says Flav is about payola, had he been getting paid, he would had overlooked EVERYTHING.

Much of this is glossed over in the grand scheme.

Chuck didnt all of a sudden say fukk Flav..Flav been doing this to himself.

Groups break up and find new members all the time.

Yep you have seen this coming to a head with chuck and flav for the last what 17 years. Ever since flav got big with flavor of love.

Even the comedian kat Williams had a joke about flav. Kat mentioned basically how he met Flav and was like don't you feel embarrassed doing all that shyt (eating chicken and watermelon and samboing it up). Flav tells kat long as it pays I will do anything.

And so here we are.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
h

Yep. And what's crazier is that the attitude towards Flav during his whole VH1 run was "they (as in white people) can have Flav" and Chuck D didn't go turncoat on him even when he could've gotten heat for not coming at Flav.

Yep folks would approach chuck and be like why flav c00ning on tv. Chuck would say that is my brotha and even though I don't agree with the show. That is his right to do that and I will defend his right.

Chuck never threw him under the bus.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
So let me see:jbhmm:

Chuck D changed the group name to Public Enemy Radio, with the name Public Enemy bolded in big print with the Radio in small print at the corner bottom:mjlol:

Boy he outta stop that shyt, He still misguiding the fan's

And not only that Public Enemy Radio is still covering Public Enemy songs

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Flav been out of PE in my opinion.. Once he start shucking and jiving on VH1.. He was out of the Group..

PE was Legendary... but that was then..
Chuck still on His PE shyt..

Flav will Perform for a KFC Festival if they pay him.. smh

Don't bother me at all that Flav is gone.