Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didnt Flav handle this internally with Chuck?

Flav could have eloquently posted he wont be performing with P.E. at the Bernie Sanders Rally.

BUT-

Breh sent a whole C&D letter representing the group, Not his personal interests.

Chuck's beef is Flav getting paid for EVERYTHING, whereas he does free shows.

Chuck said the only way Flav would do a Bernie show is IF he was getting paid.

I mean, take that for what it is..

Why should he deal with Chuck at all? Flav was addressing Bernie Sanders and the SANDERS CAMPAIGN. Not Chuck. It's CHUCK D who should of handled it internally. Flav even stated in the letter that Chuck D could endorse and perform with whomever he chose, but the SANDERS CAMPAIGN were the ones wrong in saying it's a P.E. concert and not a Chuck D of Public Enemy concert.

It had NOTHING to do with Chuck D but Chuck D injected himself in it. Got in his feelings declaring he owns Public Enemy. Threatened Flav to get his shyt together in a year...then CHANGED his mind like nah, fukk that you're kicked off the group NOW.

All because Flav wrote a letter to Bernie.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I don’t think most of yall read the reasonS why he got kick out and it shows in y’all post. Flava Flav been fuking up PE name since VH1 and before then. Chuck D is just sick and tired of that ni66a already.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I got a letter from the government
The other day
I opened and read it
It said they were suckers
They wanted me for their army or whatever
Picture me given' a damn, I said never
Here is a land that never gave a damn
About a brother like me and myself
Because they never did

:ehh: chuck said he rather go to jail than fight for this country's rights. does he still perform this record? does he stand by these revolutionary sentiments?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Issuing a C&D letter is the definition of not keeping it separate from PE.

As far as the bolded....:mjlol:

Again....:mjlol:

He was a hype man and his solo songs (aside from "911 Is A Joke") were considered novelties on the PE albums. The greatest songs in PE's discography, feature Chuck D front and center....and Flav as a mere hype man.

Fred.

Brehs losing their damn minds in here.

PE was a radical/militant/political/ conscious act. Those are all the things that Flavor Flav isn't yet he's the most important member and reason for their popularity:russ:

Take Chuck away and there is no PE. In the beginning Flav was just the guy with the clock doing the dances. His voice wasn't heard on a lot of the songs.

Let's just forget the history and ignore when people thought he was a clown/minstrel and people asked Chuck why he was even in the group.

"By The Time I Get To Arizona" was so controversial and had the FBI watching them because of Flavor Flav:mjlol:

The coli always does this shyt where they gotta choose sides but then unnecessarily throw someone under the bus while propping up someone who doesn't deserve it. You can disagree with Chuck but don't make him the hype man while turning Flav into a martyr and the heart and soul of PE.

Last edited:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Why should he deal with Chuck at all? Flav was addressing Bernie Sanders and the SANDERS CAMPAIGN. Not Chuck. It's CHUCK D who should of handled it internally. Flav even stated in the letter that Chuck D could endorse and perform with whomever he chose, but the SANDERS CAMPAIGN were the ones wrong in saying it's a P.E. concert and not a Chuck D of Public Enemy concert.

It had NOTHING to do with Chuck D but Chuck D injected himself in it. Got in his feelings declaring he owns Public Enemy. Threatened Flav to get his shyt together in a year...then CHANGED his mind like nah, fukk that you're kicked off the group NOW.

All because Flav wrote a letter to Bernie.
Chuck D owns P.E. name, not Flav.

Flav didnt have the right to send a CEASE & DESIST stating the GROUP wont be performing

He could have made a statement saying HE wont perform, yet the rest of the group will be.

That wasnt done, and he got kicked out the group for it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can anything he did in entertainment be separate from Public Enemy? People see Flav they associate it with Public Enemy. There were people who saw Flav on a negative light because of his stint in reality television asking what Chuck D thought. If what Flav was doing didn't represent Public Enemy, no one would care what Chuck D thought. Honestly, neither of them can really do much on their own and say "hey, this is my thing and not indicative of the group". People see Flav or Chuck D and they are going to associate their work with Public Enemy.

If people unable to disassociate Flavor Flav with P.E. only proves his argument with the cease and desist letter to the Sanders campaign.

But Flav never actively or purposely included Public Enemy with anything he does solo. But Chuck is and using the P.E. name for political associations. So, again, for the same reasons you yourself claimed that anything with Flav connects with P.E., Flav was in the RIGHT to ask the Sanders campaign to cease and desist because he hasn't endorsed Bernie Sanders.

And just because he wanted to distance himself from it,he got kicked out the group. That's some fucck boy shyt Chuck D did.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck D owns P.E. name, not Flav.

Flav didnt have the right to send a CEASE & DESIST stating the GROUP wont be performing

He could have made a statement saying HE wont perform, yet the rest of the group will be.

That wasnt done, and he got kicked out the group for it.

Ask Griff... the rest of the group is not. And Chuck D HIMSELF said the group that's performing is a DIFFERENT group called "PUBLIC ENEMY RADIO".

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that legal semantics is bullshyt. Chuck D and Flavor Flav created the group TOGETHER.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Over/Under Flav back in group 2 yrs.

Honestly, i just found out Flav was back in group with that tour last year.

And Griff has been kicked out numerous times as well.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over/Under Flav back in group 2 yrs.

Honestly, i just found out Flav was back in group with that tour last year.

And Griff has been kicked out numerous times as well.

Flav wasn't ever FORMALLY kicked out. This is the 1st time. In the past they had fallouts and then get back to tour and move on.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Ask Griff... the rest of the group is not. And Chuck D HIMSELF said the group that's performing is a DIFFERENT group called "PUBLIC ENEMY RADIO".
We not talking about Griff.

And regardless..Flav sent a statement regarding the GROUP, whatever the name is...

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
In 1990 hip hop was wearing Clocks around their neck, Flavor Flav Dance was the next big hip hop dance that we all was doing, hip hop was screaming Yeaaaaaaah Boy and Can't Do Nothing For You Man was on the Soundtrack for House Party and Immortalized on House Party

And y'all disrespect him and call him just a hype man.

Silly ass kids. I know for a fact we wasn't wearing tight ass jeans and Rockin a Philly Hat and Jacket like Chuck D

Public Enemy is top 5-10 Hip Hop Group of all times, The Rhyme Animal is top 15 Emcee of all times, Bomb Squad top 10 hip hop Producer of all times, but don't fukkin disrespect flavor flav he played an important role for Public Enemy and Chuck D will tell you himself. You can't not even mention Public Enemy without even thinking of Flavor Flav

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This is revisionist history and gossip:francis:

I grew up on PE and Chuck D was the reason the group mattered. Flav had his role and was loved but don't let your opinion of Chuck in 2020 change his place in the group's history.

Naw homie I grew up on Public Enemy Copped their first album in 1987 as a 10 year old and Chuck D was not the muthafukkin reason Public Enemy mattered if that was the case he would of went solo and Chuck D knows, I knows and you damn well know Nobody would of brought a Solo Chuck D album

Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Terminator X, The Bomb Squad and Professor Griff is the reason Public Enemy Mattered

Like I said Hip Hop was Rockin Big Clocks, screaming yeaaaah boy! Doing the Flavor Flav Dance in 1990, and 2 Flavor Flav led singles Can't Do Nothing and 911 Was a Joke was always played at parties. And I dare you say revisionist. I was in Jr High in 1990, I was living this in actual time

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Brehs losing their damn minds in here.

PE was a radical/militant/political/ conscious act. Those are all the things that Flavor Flav isn't yet he's the most important member and reason for their popularity:russ:

Take Chuck away and there is no PE. In the beginning Flav was just the guy with the clock doing the dances. His voice wasn't heard on a lot of the songs.

Let's just forget the history and ignore when people thought he was a clown/minstrel and people asked Chuck why he was even in the group.

"By The Time I Get To Arizona" was so controversial and had the FBI watching them because of Flavor Flav:mjlol:

The coli always does this shyt where they gotta choose sides but then unnecessarily throw someone under the bus while propping up someone who doesn't deserve it. You can disagree with Chuck but don't make him the hype man while turning Flav into a martyr and the heart and soul of PE.

nikka that Chuck D is fukkin Gone! This Chuck D and That Chuck D is 2 different muthafukkas
And I can tell by this thread y'all nikkas still think Chuck D is the same Chuck D from 1987-1991

Chuck D started get looked at differently in 1990 after The Professor Griff situation and his group Young Black Teenagers.