Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Flavor Flav 930k followers on Twitter
Chuck D 600k followers on Twitter

Chuck D is alot like Ice Cube. Cube for the life of him couldn't understand why Eazy E was more popular then him in NWA and Cube is one of my favorite emcee ever

Some people just got it! Chuck D was the voice and leader of Public Enemy but hip hop loved Flavor Flav, he was more popular then Chuck D

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Chuck D been wanting to run w/ liberal white folks ever since he got that radio show on that failed network Air America.

Kicking your man out over different opinions on a politician is some shyt I would expect from a internet teenager.
Underrated and Slept On Post

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Chuck D just showed what a fukkin clown he is.. flav the goat hype man where y’all cats go back the better part of 40 years and you kick breh out over an old cac? Can’t fukk with chuck off the strength.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Both Chuck and Flav are too old for this shyt.

There is no need for those dudes to go on social media to air out their dirty laundry.

This situation should have been handled in-house.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Flav wasn't ever FORMALLY kicked out. This is the 1st time. In the past they had fallouts and then get back to tour and move on.

Chuck D has disbanded the group numerous times, and Flav & Griff have both been fired a few times. Thats kicking them out of the group to me, especially wen Chuck D was giving public statements saying so. How many times has Chuck D said "PE is me"

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

:mjlol:

Look at this shyt! Chuck D Sold Out! Bernie Movement ain't no Revolutionary Movement. I know Chuck D is 60 I think he even don't know what the fukk he's doing.

I bet you Bernie and Chuck is getting paid of them shirts

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This.

Flav was out here getting roasted for being hugged up with Bridgett Nielsen and letting her call him "foofy" and now people are outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy. I mean, Flav was called all kinds of c00n for that and the Flavor of Love show. People said he tap danced for VH1 and are now outraged that he's being kicked out of Public Enemy.

Flav was literally on flav of love with a pimp cup, eating water melons and fried chicken out a bucket. Then getting roasted on VH1 by white folks on celebrity roasts. Folks playing dumb and done forgot the heat flav use go her for taking part in this fukkery.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Brehs losing their damn minds in here.

PE was a radical/militant/political/ conscious act. Those are all the things that Flavor Flav isn't yet he's the most important member and reason for their popularity:russ:

Take Chuck away and there is no PE. In the beginning Flav was just the guy with the clock doing the dances. His voice wasn't heard on a lot of the songs.

Let's just forget the history and ignore when people thought he was a clown/minstrel and people asked Chuck why he was even in the group.

"By The Time I Get To Arizona" was so controversial and had the FBI watching them because of Flavor Flav:mjlol:

The coli always does this shyt where they gotta choose sides but then unnecessarily throw someone under the bus while propping up someone who doesn't deserve it. You can disagree with Chuck but don't make him the hype man while turning Flav into a martyr and the heart and soul of PE.
This thread is hilarious :mjlol: People were clowning Flav during the height of their popularity but now it’s different? I enjoyed the PE videos back then but now I enjoy the music and we hear Chuck’s voice more than Flav’s. I was there when they were the shyt out here so I’m not even caring about this little argument they got going on. Sad but it’s whatever. Oh and ain’t no telling what PE would be without The Bomb Squad production

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw homie I grew up on Public Enemy Copped their first album in 1987 as a 10 year old and Chuck D was not the muthafukkin reason Public Enemy mattered if that was the case he would of went solo and Chuck D knows, I knows and you damn well know Nobody would of brought a Solo Chuck D album

Chuck D, Flavor Flav, Terminator X, The Bomb Squad and Professor Griff is the reason Public Enemy Mattered

Like I said Hip Hop was Rockin Big Clocks, screaming yeaaaah boy! Doing the Flavor Flav Dance in 1990, and 2 Flavor Flav led singles Can't Do Nothing and 911 Was a Joke was always played at parties. And I dare you say revisionist. I was in Jr High in 1990, I was living this in actual time

How many Flavor Flav verses do you know by heart?

Yes PE was a group but Chuck was the voice behind the message. He's the front man and therefore more valuable than the hype man. They're a hip hop group and without Chuck rapping none of the other things matter. PE with Bomb Squad beats, X scratching, Flav dancing, and Grif and the S1W's marching aint worth a damn without Chuck. They have classic records with no Flav.

nikka that Chuck D is fukkin Gone! This Chuck D and That Chuck D is 2 different muthafukkas
And I can tell by this thread y'all nikkas still think Chuck D is the same Chuck D from 1987-1991

Chuck D started get looked at differently in 1990 after The Professor Griff situation and his group Young Black Teenagers.

I'm not addressing Chuck's politics in 2020. I'm pointing out how y'all are letting that dictate how you look at PE in history. You're not gonna downplay Chuck D. I don't agree with some of the things he's done but I'm not disrespecting him at any point due to the impact he had on hip hop and promoting black consciousness.

Here we have Flav who's had major drug problems and a reality show chasing a white woman around but somehow he's not getting attacked like the coli usually does. Y'all call people c00ns for less but Chuck is on the agenda right now so y'all just wanna ignore Flav's issues

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This thread is hilarious :mjlol: People were clowning Flav during the height of their popularity but now it’s different? I enjoyed the PE videos back then but now I enjoy the music and we hear Chuck’s voice more than Flav’s. I was there when they were the shyt out here so I’m not even caring about this little argument they got going on. Sad but it’s whatever.

I don't believe You were around. Because Flavor Was not getting clowned during their popular days

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
How many Flavor Flav verses do you know by heart?

Yes PE was a group but Chuck was the voice behind the message. He's the front man and therefore more valuable than the hype man. They're a hip hop group and without Chuck rapping none of the other things matter. PE with Bomb Squad beats, X scratching, Flav dancing, and Grif and the S1W's marching aint worth a damn without Chuck. They have classic records with no Flav.

I'm not addressing Chuck's politics in 2020. I'm pointing out how y'all are letting that dictate how you look at PE in history. You're not gonna downplay Chuck D. I don't agree with some of the things he's done but I'm not disrespecting him at any point due to the impact he had on hip hop and promoting black consciousness.

Here we have Flav who's had major drug problems and a reality show chasing a white woman around but somehow he's not getting attacked like the coli usually does. Y'all call people c00ns for less but Chuck is on the agenda right now so y'all just wanna ignore Flav's issues

I know a few Flavor Flav verse, his verse on Amerikkkas Most Wanted with Cube Only Out For One Thing, 911 is a Joke, Can't Do Nothing.

nikka Chuck D went solo and his album was forgettable, didn't make a blip on the music scene so like I said Public Enemy is a group effort we loved Public Enemy for the message and the members of the group

Who's y'all! I gave Chuck D his props in this thread and what Public Enemy WAS. like I said That Chuck D is long gone

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck D is fukking legendary with a flow and style copied by a gang of cats.

if he kicked Flavor Flav out, I'm certain it was for a good reason.
I'm going to read the thread but I'm riding with Chuck D on this one :yeshrug:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flavor Flav 930k followers on Twitter
Chuck D 600k followers on Twitter

Chuck D is alot like Ice Cube. Cube for the life of him couldn't understand why Eazy E was more popular then him in NWA and Cube is one of my favorite emcee ever

Some people just got it! Chuck D was the voice and leader of Public Enemy but hip hop loved Flavor Flav, he was more popular then Chuck D

Flavor Flav had one of the most disgusting, deplorable...yet successful, VH1 reality shows ever, of course more of the younger generation is aware of him than Chuck. You can't be serious with this post

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is hilarious :mjlol: People were clowning Flav during the height of their popularity but now it’s different? I enjoyed the PE videos back then but now I enjoy the music and we hear Chuck’s voice more than Flav’s. I was there when they were the shyt out here so I’m not even caring about this little argument they got going on. Sad but it’s whatever. Oh and ain’t no telling what PE would be without The Bomb Squad production
These guys have no idea what they're talking about bro, they just wanna add their goofy ass 2 cents in a hot topic. Somebody in here said Flav was more important to PE than Chuck D, smh.