Chuck D kicks Flavor Flav out of Public Enemy over Bernie Sanders rally disagreement

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
This is amusing. I'm sure the beef will get squashed soon enough, or Chuck D can find another crackhead to jump about on stage.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fight the Power was initially a lead off single for the DO THE RIGHT THING soundtrack.... it was tagged onto Fear of a Black Planet... YOU really do not know your history with P.E.. Stop.

Man you know damn well I run The Film Room. :comeon:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the...r-film-with-ving-rhames.365809/#post-15821907

Of course I know it was on the "Do The Right Thing" soundtrack. You are drunk? :dahell:

Even ignoring "Fight The Power"....which doesn't make any fukking sense, because it was the lead single off an album you claimed had "911 Is A Joke" as the lead single...."911" still wasn't the lead single. "Welcome To The Terrordome" was the 2nd single. "911 Is A Joke" was the 3rd single.

So yeah....do you know your history? You cats gotta learn when to just take the L instead of coming back on some "well, actually...."

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not one person in this thread copped that album especially those who said Chuck D is Public Enemy

Nobody copped the 1994 PE album either so I'm not understanding your point. shyt flopped horrifically.

PE was pretty much done by the mid 90's.

Flav ain't performed with PE since 2016. They just did a whole ass tour last year, with him at zero concerts. I guarantee nobody in this thread even knew that.

So the "they kicked me out over Bernie Sanders" route Flav went to gain sympathy is nonsense. The thread was started by a god damn Trump supporter. And you cats fell for the okey-doke. Hate to see it. :francis:

Fred.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Nobody copped the 1994 PE album either so I'm not understanding your point. shyt flopped horrifically.

PE was pretty much done by the mid 90's.

Flav ain't performed with PE since 2016. They just did a whole ass tour last year, with him at zero concerts. I guarantee nobody in this thread even knew that.

So the "they kicked me out over Bernie Sanders" route Flav went to gain sympathy is nonsense. The thread was started by a god damn Trump supporter. And you cats fell for the okey-doke. Hate to see it. :francis:

Fred.

You not being quite honest here. They sold 56,000 first week one of their best first week showing. Meaning there were still Interest from the Public and Fan's to hear Public Enemy and The Album went Gold. How the fukk is that a flop

And it sold more then Chuck D solo, which according to this thread Chuck D is Public Enemy which they who said that shyt don't know what they talking about

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
You not being quite honest here. They sold 56,000 first week one of their best first week showing. Meaning there were still Interest from the Public and Fan's to hear Public Enemy and The Album went Gold. How the fukk is that a flop

And it sold more then Chuck D solo, which according to this thread Chuck D is Public Enemy which they who said that shyt don't know what they talking about

its truly pathetic to see you guys in here with this revisionist history

flava flav >>> chuck D ??

that is the epitomy of anti-intellectual

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
its truly pathetic to see you guys in here with this revisionist history

flava flav >>> chuck D ??

that is the epitomy of anti-intellectual

What the fukk you talking about?

Quote me once in this thread when I said Flavor Flav >>>>>>>> Chuck D

And we can have intellectual dialogue and I will be gladly to destroy you

I'm currently listening to Yo! Bum Rush The Show!

nikkas in here just talking to be talking

Go cop that Chuck D Album y'all do know he have a few solo albums

How about cop his Rock Group album and I'm not talking about The Prophets of Rage. Y'all do know Chuck D, Professor Griff and G Wiz did a Rap Rock album? Of course not y'all nikkas are fukkin frauds who don't support shyt

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Gold is a flop if all you've done is plat up to that point.

Of course "Musick N Hour Mess Age" outsold Chuck's solo shyt....by 1994 the group itself was struggling to go gold. Why you think a solo album from Chuck, 2 years after that, would sell, is mind boggling.

Or to use a Chuck D album flopping as some kinda proof....but ignore the fact that Flav ain't even been with PE since 2016....and ignore the fact they just did a whole tour last year, without him at all....all while arguing that Flav is equally important, if not more important than Chuck D....is crazy to me.

Fred.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Gold is a flop if all you've done is plat up to that point.

Of course "Musick N Hour Mess Age" outsold Chuck's solo shyt....by 1994 the group itself was struggling to go gold. Why you think a solo album from Chuck, 2 years after that, would sell, is mind boggling.

Or to use a Chuck D album flopping as some kinda proof....but ignore the fact that Flav ain't even been with PE since 2016....and ignore the fact they just did a whole tour last year, without him at all....all while arguing that Flav is equally important, if not more important than Chuck D....is crazy to me.

Fred.
:mjlol: Bruh it's alright to be wrong sometimes we can't be right about everything. But since you said Going Gold is a flop when everything they done up to it was Platinum. I guess I will play along with you

Yo! Bum Rush The Show ~ Gold
It Takes A Nation Of Millions ~ Platinum
Fear Of A Black Planet ~ Platinum
Apocalypse 91 ~ Platinum
Muse Sick ~ Gold

That's a hella of fukkin run 3 Platinum Album's and 2 Gold Albums. Going Gold is not a flop, Yo Bum Rush The Show is not a flop either

Now yes Flavor Flav is equally important because Chuck D knows and said it himself. Def Jam didn't want Flavor Flav and Chuck D knew that the group needed Flavor Flav because the shyt wouldn't work.

To the other question why would I think Chuck D would of sold after Muse Sick. Well according to You and like minded individuals Public Enemy was all Chuck D. Flavor Flav is just a hype man right? So if Public Enemy went Gold and PE is all Chuck D then Chuck D could at least sell 50,000 to 100,000 for his solo.

shyt the Professor Griff who y'all nikkas said just do steps with SW1 First 2 Solo albums charted on the billboard .

Currently listening to It Takes A Nation Of Millions

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Flavor Flav just a hype man right?

His solo album Hollywood dropped in 2006 he been working on it since 99

The album reached No. 44 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and No. 80 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Here's Public Enemy Group Members First Album Billboard

Terminator X ~ #97 on the Billboard 200 and #19 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums

Professor Griff ~ 127 on the Billboard 200 and #24 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart

Chuck D ~ US Billboard 200 #190
US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) #47

Flavor Flav ~ No. 44 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and No. 80 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Flavor Flav charted the highest of all the members and Flav, Griff and Terminator X charted higher then Chuck D.

Like I said Public Enemy is a Band a Group and they all played an important role in one of the arguably Top 5 Groups in Hip Hop

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: Bruh it's alright to be wrong sometimes we can't be right about everything. But since you said Going Gold is a flop when everything they done up to it was Platinum. I guess I will play along with you

Yo! Bum Rush The Show ~ Gold
It Takes A Nation Of Millions ~ Platinum
Fear Of A Black Planet ~ Platinum
Apocalypse 91 ~ Platinum
Muse Sick ~ Gold

That's a hella of fukkin run 3 Platinum Album's and 2 Gold Albums. Going Gold is not a flop, Yo Bum Rush The Show is not a flop either

Now yes Flavor Flav is equally important because Chuck D knows and said it himself. Def Jam didn't want Flavor Flav and Chuck D knew that the group needed Flavor Flav because the shyt wouldn't work.

To the other question why would I think Chuck D would of sold after Muse Sick. Well according to You and like minded individuals Public Enemy was all Chuck D. Flavor Flav is just a hype man right? So if Public Enemy went Gold and PE is all Chuck D then Chuck D could at least sell 50,000 to 100,000 for his solo.

shyt the Professor Griff who y'all nikkas said just do steps with SW1 First 2 Solo albums charted on the billboard .

Currently listening to It Takes A Nation Of Millions

You basically just repeated what I said yet somehow disagreed with me. :what:

Yes, 2 gold albums and 3 plats is a good run for a group that didn't make any effort to cross over.

Their first album wasn't considered a flop because they were a new group. Going gold after 3 back to back plat albums is an obvious step down, though.

This ain't rocket science. PE was on their way out by the mid 90's. I literally said that like 4-5 posts ago.

So again, why you would expect a solo Chuck D album to do the same or more than a PE album 2 years after they were struggling to go gold....

Again, where is the logic there? No PE album went gold after "Musick", they were done. Splitting hairs over "well, Chuck could've done X amount" is pointless. PE was out of the mainstream.

Lastly, and you've ignored this fact in two separate posts....Chuck D just did a tour with PE without Flav last year. PE has been doing shows the last 4 years with zero involvement from Flav.

So how are they equally important? I guarantee PE will continue to tour the world with no problems, same as they have the last 4 years, without Flav. Could Flav tour as PE, without Chuck D? Hell fukking no.

Fred.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
You basically just repeated what I said yet somehow disagreed with me. :what:

Yes, 2 gold albums and 3 plats is a good run for a group that didn't make any effort to cross over.

Their first album wasn't considered a flop because they were a new group. Going gold after 3 back to back plat albums is an obvious step down, though.

This ain't rocket science. PE was on their way out by the mid 90's. I literally said that like 4-5 posts ago.

So again, why you would expect a solo Chuck D album to do the same or more than a PE album 2 years after they were struggling to go gold....

Again, where is the logic there? No PE album went gold after "Musick", they were done. Splitting hairs over "well, Chuck could've done X amount" is pointless. PE was out of the mainstream.

Lastly, and you've ignored this fact in two separate posts....Chuck D just did a tour with PE without Flav last year. PE has been doing shows the last 4 years with zero involvement from Flav.

So how are they equally important? I guarantee PE will continue to tour the world with no problems, same as they have the last 4 years, without Flav. Could Flav tour as PE, without Chuck D? Hell fukking no.

Fred.
You a great spin artist! I give you that, but we ain't really agreed on shyt soYou can spin it all you want you said Muse Sick was a flop horrifically, that's your word's going from Plat to Gold is not a flop horrifically. Going from Platinum to selling 50,000 is a flop horrifically. If you said a let down sales wise I could see where you coming.

To answer your post about PE Touring without Flavor Flav let's see the numbers of tickets and attendance of PE tour without Flavor Flav and The Last Tour with Flavor Flav and I'm talking about Public Enemy headlining by themselves not with De La and Wu Tang

I have a huge hunch they sold more tickets with Flavor Flav.

Why I expect to Chuck D to sell because he's The Rhyme Animal, Arguably top 10 Emcee of all times Arguably apart of top 5 group of all times

According to y'all nikkas is Public Enemy so why can't he sell records.

Oh that's right y'all nikkas don't support y'all own. See y'all PE fan's the ones that said PE is better than NWA etc. Don't support your own, quick to jump ship.

While NWA fans support NWA and it's former member's to this day

Cube went platinum in 93 came back 5 years later and went Platinum again. Dre just went Gold With Compton.

So Public Enemy have fair weather fan's

So just say y'all don't support PE or Chuck D

Last edited: