Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people smarter than others?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
variety is the spice of life.

same number of hands. feet. teeth. noses. eyes.

same-ish placement nose. feet. ears.

wildly different intelligence.

iu

looking for reasons really?

two hands needed because we need at least two to be fully functional.. ok.

but differing intelligence is ok?

plus your definition of smart is quite myopic. which probably explains why you're not a god much less the God.

yeah you don't really mean that ..

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've read stories...Now I can't verify if these are true or internet entertainment babble, but I've read of people fading out on their deathbed, and literally yelling "Oh my god, what did I do?". Or something to the effect of expressing huge amounts of remorse once they get a glimpse of the after life.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't atheist bruhs get tired of worrying about the beliefs of others instead of enjoying the supposed superiority their disbelief enables? Why do atheists worry about the religious way more than the other way around? How does law, reason and order come from complete chaos? Can you post an example of a random generator produces patterns and laws? How did a random explosion and no directed intelligence create a world of order and reason?
Because religious folks affect everyone and 9 times out of 10 it's in a negative way.

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
another reason not to answer ... ? :hubie:

maybe there is an OBVIOUS alternate approach.

one that is often used to avoid getting "bogged down in the weeds."

how about: i am willing for the purposes of this discussion" to accept your (or anyone else's) definition as long as the definition doesn't stray too far away from the/my middle path.

that way distracting arguments can be postponed and do not become blockers.

how about it eh :blessed:

appreciate the confirmation…carry on…

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Christian Brehs: Why would God make some people smarter than others?

Or some people less intelligent than others?

Serious question and one for which I have yet to see an answer.

Is it explained somewhere in the bible?

:patrice:
Proverbs 8:22-36

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:As a Christian marsupial, people hate being told that the answer is right in front of them. I'm not going to lie, I often struggled with my faith at times. Especially during one of the worst times of my life. Yet for some strange reason....I somehow realize the bigger picture and sometimes God stands in his b boy stance so you can see the bigger picture of self.

For instance...I found out so much truths living in the South from being up north:

• My mother wasn't the saint that I painted her out to be (still RIP)
  • My family tree is riddled with addiction, dark secrets, and etc
  • My wife realizing that her family is not the family she thinks they are
  • The issues that I have physically and mentally
Before I used to walk like superman, but never consider the reality that Superman has weaknesses. Nevermind, me almost dying as my diabetes got worse living in SC. It had to take me to leave that state and going through struggle for a health nut doctor to go, yeah breh you got Type 2 diabetes. It had to take me to be stuck in hotel rooms to realized that my wife has deeper issues and needed me. My son suffers from all sorts of anxiety and gifted symptoms, but I was trying the hardest to escape my own issues, by working myself into a comfort zone or facade.

God puts you in situations to get the best out of you. If you chose to jump, you will leap and he will make sure you either meet the other side of the gap, or fall on a safety net. There's no other explanation other than me giving testimony on a public forum because fukk what people will think, I just want to show the brethren that God's way is eternal. Just because he doesn't give you the actual answer YOU want, doesn't mean he actually didn't give you an answer you NEED.

No different from some Joe Schmo that goes to a church and hears "GAWD SAYS YOU GONNA GET A HOUSE"

In reality, you are getting a apartment that feels homely, and eventually it shall come to pass.

"GAWD SAYS YOU GONNA GET YA BOEZZZ"

In reality, you are going to get a decent 6 that has the gifts of a 10. You are not going to get a dime because they are a nickel in God's eye.

"GAWD SAYS YOU ARE GOING TO BE HEALED"

By medicine that's finally covered by insurance.

"GAWD WILL PROVIDE"

Accessible food stamps, making good financial decisions, and etc

Its what you NEED, not what you want.
Sounds like you are adding in God as a way to strengthen your faith. None of that is from God or supernatural forces but self determination and government policy.
You got kids born in horrible environments and are molested, starved, and killed before they even hit double digits. Is that God's cruel joke?