Chris Rock files for divorce from his wife of 20 years

Maximus

All Star
Daps
here is a rticle from last year

http://www.celebytchy.com/309397/ch...age_to_malaak_compton_might_be_falling_apart/

and an unnamed source claims Malaak is “very controlling and demanding”.

Chris Rock may be a comedian, but the current state of his 16-year-marriage is no laughing matter – because the actor and his wife, Malaak Compton-Rock, have called it quits!

“Tony poked fun at his brother’s divorce during one of his acts,” an audience member tells Star. “He said, ‘I’m not supposed to tell y’all this, but Chris is getting a divorce. I’m so happy because now we can get p*ssy together. I didn’t like her anyway.’”

Sources say Rock, 48, grew tired of having to answer to 44-year-old Malaak.

There have been many arguments behind closed doors… Malaak is very controlling and demanding.

:what: Why do men allow a marriage to reach a point where a woman has all the control?

I must be the only black man -or person in the non-rural U.S.- that grew up in a household where the man(my father) was and is the captain of the ship. Western men have become spineless cowards; however, when thinking about the situation in its entirety, I can't blame them. Western Society trains men to put all value in pleasing women the moment they start preschool.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:what: Why do men allow a marriage to reach a point where a woman has all the control?

I must be the only black man -or person in the non-rural U.S.- that grew up in a household where the man(my father) was and is the captain of the ship. Western men have become spineless cowards; however, when thinking about the situation in its entirety, I can't blame them. Western Society trains men to put all value in pleasing women the moment they start preschool.

"happy wife, happy marriage" bs

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

Dont worry, he will have a woman blaming response for this too.

Hand women your balls, and then complain when they treat u like a eunuch, brehs.

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
my main issue is that people are acting like divorce is the end of the world. sometimes in a weird way it's a positive thing. no need to over dramatize everything like the children will automatically commit that, like they'll never see their father again, like they'll automatically see a shrink later on in life over this. not everyone reacts to shyt the same way. when did parents seperating become this over the top traumatizing experience that you can't overcome? not saying divorce is ideal, don't get me wrong but i'd argue it's the circumstances around the divorce that can be traumatizing for people rather than the divorce itself. and since we don't know what these circumstances are, i think most people in this thread need to calm down.

Grand-Opening-Grand-Closing-710x300-crop.jpg

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
my main issue is that people are acting like divorce is the end of the world. sometimes in a weird way it's a positive thing. no need to over dramatize everything like the children will automatically commit that, like they'll never see their father again, like they'll automatically see a shrink later on in life over this. not everyone reacts to shyt the same way. when did parents seperating become this over the top traumatizing experience that you can't overcome? not saying divorce is ideal, don't get me wrong but i'd argue it's the circumstances around the divorce that can be traumatizing for people rather than the divorce itself. and since we don't know what these circumstances are, i think most people in this thread need to calm down.
It is not an ideal situation and you can't determine how it will affect your children...and yes agree sometimes divorce/separation is the best option. But in a grand scheme of things it is not a good thing.

People don't discuss topics knowing every single detail or else there would be no need for discussion.

Maximus

All Star
Daps
"happy wife, happy marriage" bs

There is no such thing as a happy wife. Women can never be completely happy, for it is against their nature. Women can only be temporarily satisfied, but they frequently need something to complain or worry about. You cannot allow female hypergamy to go unchecked.

Hand women your balls, and then complain when they treat u like a eunuch, brehs.

You cannot allow female hypergamy to go unchecked. If she feels she can get away with something, she'll keep pushing you until you put your foot down. If you never check her, you'll get into a situation like this marriage was.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
no one else is gonna do it? ehh fukk it....

i guess he don't love his wife anymore :troll:

yeeaaah, ill be here all week :skip::snoop:

I was gonna come in here and say this, you beat me to it:russ:

maybe "I Think I love My Wife" was based off of him and his wife:sas2:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
http://www.people.com/article/chris-rock-divorce?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Chris Rock and his wife are divorcing after nearly 20 years together.

"After much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways," Malaak Compton-Rock, a philanthropist and founder of the nonprofit styleWorks, said in a statement Sunday. "Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life's blessings, even when faced with difficulties.

"While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority. It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives."

Rock's attorney, Robert S. Cohen, confirmed the couple has split.

"Chris Rock has filed for divorce from his wife, Malaak," Cohen said in a statement. "This is a personal matter and Chris requests privacy as he and Malaak work through this process and focus on their family.”

The Top Five star, 49, wed Compton-Rock, 45, in 1996. They live in Alpine, New Jersey, with their two daughters together, Lola Simone, 12, and Zahra Savannah, 10.
url-20.gif

Is there anything real outchea', brehs?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is not an ideal situation and you can't determine how it will affect your children...and yes agree sometimes divorce/separation is the best option. But in a grand scheme of things it is not a good thing.

People don't discuss topics knowing every single detail or else there would be no need for discussion.
there's a difference between "not knowing every single detail" and "barely knowing anything". in this case we barely know anything.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Unfortunately some black men and black women lack any kind of discipline and it is not a stretch...that marriage is in such a state.

And before anyone brings up white people...I don't care about them and their marriage rates are still higher than blacks.

But that's the thing... Divorce isn't some racially exclusive institution. The divorce rate for all races is at an all time high. The problem is that now people get married for the wrong reasons or they have issues going in and hope marriage fixes it. But people will have you think the problem is with black relationships like we don't know how to manage but whites have no problem making it work when that's just not true.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the man is always to blame just because he filed he had to cheat?

for all we know his wife stepped out

its amazing that women file 75% of the time and et teh men are still blamed but the moment a man files hes labelled a cheat, he must have done something

that fatherless yup in here caping for the wife like she was the maid in teh house and knows everything

Chris is a cheater
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/70142

http://www.gossipjacker.net/2011/07/tea-time_22.html?m=1