• Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
how was it rigged?

for starters, dude didnt do anything in that thread that you didnt do in the mobb deep/wutang thread. you did the same exact thing beforehand with the tags. only thing is, you failed and he didnt.
He did a whole lot more than what I did. But are you saying I was rigging the Mobb/Wu thread but he wasn't rigging the EPMD/Bone thread? It was clear rigging.
and if you read thru this thread, you can see that people he tagged GENERALLY added more insight to the thread than the epmd voters, most of whom were mad biased.
:russ:No they didn't. Some of them admitted not even knowing who EPMD was :mjlol:
And I realize that Mo Thugs was a label but they did have a group album too and I heard it and it was wack

mo thugs never had a group album. they had compilation albums, which you clearly never listened to.
I guess @Wacky D is technically right here - but it is a bit of a semantics issue.
nikka it was rigged we all saw it now stop crying like a bytch and sit down...
:salute:
:camby:

typical wu-world posting.
He said "offshoot group". Hard to call who's right here :yeshrug:It is kind of a petty thing though...
It's a group that perhaps their only weakness is not being able to make "party" music
Thats a strength to me. If I hear an artist can't make club bangers I'm like :ahh:
reading this, it sounds more like wutang is better on paper.

but its not about paper. its about that wax.
:dahell:On paper? He was saying they were better on wax and listing the types of songs/styles they can do.
epmd tho? nah. they take the L. if they werent an east coast glory days fixture, they would have a disrespected legacy like above the law.
Woulda coulda shoulda...you can dock them if you like b/c you think they benefitted from bias...but at the end of the day they are considered a legendary group. Nationwide.
But you know damn well you didn't know what they were saying. nikkas on this thread talked about how they had to go to great lengths to slow the albums down to understand what nikkas was saying
Cream was a hit single breh. Method man was a hit single. I don't know about chart positioning or none of that but I know those are hits. I know triumph got a lot of video rotation but I have no idea what if did chart wise. A hit is a hit; some are bigger than others which I gave proper respect to bone for having huge songs but on wax I give it to wu. Their music speaks to me more and they're just better rappers in my eyes so it's really a no brainer
Truimph was a huge song.
lol. youre right. when forever dropped, it was indeed a wrap - FOR WUTANG.:pachaha:
:russ:
its not hard to understand what theyre saying, if you actually listen.
:stopitslime:Yes it is.

method man himself said that cream was their last hit.
:mindblown:How was Truimph not a hit?

mtv was doing specials on wutang before they sold any records and when their album was dead fish on the charts.

lets keep that in mind.:sas2:
I tried to find out who was behind that MTV special...is it on youtube? I wonder who the executive producer was...
I remember seeing that live. I already had the album though...
more like theres people at mtv that like them.
Sometimes all it takes is one person.
Fair enough but it's also about the relationships they had with the people at the station or yeah just about liking their music. But most of the time, stuff like that goes down due to the record company or just what's going on in the city at the time and Flex has talked about how big that album was in the city at the time and how he'd play records off as the club was letting out and then people would pile back in. So if you're working for MTV at the time and you're keeping your ear to the street then you're going to be swayed by something like that
what post -97 bricks? everything they dropped that was promoted properly, did exceptionally well.
:duck:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He did a whole lot more than what I did. But are you saying I was rigging the Mobb/Wu thread but he wasn't rigging the EPMD/Bone thread? It was clear rigging.

:russ:No they didn't. Some of them admitted not even knowing who EPMD was :mjlol:

I guess @Wacky D is technically right here - but it is a bit of a semantics issue.

He said "offshoot group". Hard to call who's right here :yeshrug:It is kind of a petty thing though...

:dahell:On paper? He was saying they were better on wax and listing the types of songs/styles they can do.

I tried to find out who was behind that MTV special...is it on youtube? I wonder who the executive producer was...
I remember seeing that live. I already had the album though...

:duck:

1. he did the same thing that you tried to do. only difference is that he pulls more rank.

2. they admitted or claimed(whichever. it doesnt matter) that they didnt know who epmd were, but they knew who bone thugs were. that chit is no different than the cold crush brother getting eliminated by the lost boyz........or all the votes epmd got over furious five in the previous round. and its also no different than all the east coast-centric cats voting epmd just off G.P. or how about this thread? these wutang posters knowing the backgrounds of the sunz of man's weed carriers but they dont even know the basics of the opposing team - bone thugs........which leads me to #3.

3. its not semantics. mo thugs is clearly a record label which put on a bunch of groups. obviously mo thugs is nowhere near being a group itself. dude was blatantly talking out his ass and youre trying to save him because you voted for the same team.

4. YES. ON PAPER. hes listing what the can do, but wheres all the great results? they fell short.

5. i think i posted that whole wutang show in the 1994 thread.

6. when did a bone album ever flop or sell less than intended? surely you can name some instead of posting a smiley.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They were losing to EPMD until @observe tagged a bunch of locker room posters who thought EPMD was a radio station :mjlol:to vote for Bone :francis:

no different than all the wutang posters who either:

a.) one-sided & never really heard bone chit
b.) purposely counted the solo material because if they played it by the book, they knew wutang wouldn't have made it out of their bracket, let alone to the finals.

and as far as EPMD goes, that furious 5 battle before that was built off of everything that youre complaining about.

if youre gonna call something out, then call everything out. don't play picks-n-chooseys.

Mr_X

Banned
Daps
The fact Wu Tang won against Bone proves the coli is 90% cacs. fukking nerds :snoop::pacspit:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
no different than all the wutang posters who either:

a.) one-sided & never really heard bone chit
b.) purposely counted the solo material because if they played it by the book, they knew wutang wouldn't have made it out of their bracket, let alone to the finals.

and as far as EPMD goes, that furious 5 battle before that was built off of everything that youre complaining about.

if youre gonna call something out, then call everything out. don't play picks-n-chooseys.
I don't think anyone who voted Wu didn't know who Bone were.
Same with the EPMD vs. Furious 5 battle, people knew who Furious 5 were.
The people voting in your threads early on were knowledgeable posters...the locker room clowns didn't care about voting until they were tagged.
That's a huge difference.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Sore loser responses

:umad:

how is what I said a sore loser response? I'm pretty sure I made that comment long before this matchup even occurred.

it sounds more like guilty responses coming off your keyboard.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I don't think anyone who voted Wu didn't know who Bone were.
Same with the EPMD vs. Furious 5 battle, people knew who Furious 5 were.
The people voting in your threads early on were knowledgeable posters...the locker room clowns didn't care about voting until they were tagged.
That's a huge difference.

so we're going to pretend that those battles weren't lopsided?

especially EPMD/furious five, which got similar responses to the ones youre complaing about. KARMA.

we're gonna pretend that the 96 people who voted for wutang were voting earlier on in the thread?

same chit. different toilet.