• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Damn I missed the voting...but I see the good guys won :smugbond:

Oh and just because you listen to Wu doesn't mean you're a hipster, or white, or a nerd. Get that shyt outta here. God forbid someone with dark skin who isn't either of the above actually love Wu. Dope hip hop is dope hip hop
Back in 93 when they dropped hipsters didn't even exist lol. Wu Tang was the best of the best back then and didn't need a cosign to get in the game. The forced their way in

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I remember those becuz everything else was forgettable and I didn't start off by calling them a group I called them an offshoot of Bone because everybody on that album was, well, an offshoot. Wu's offshoots were better than Bone's offshoots

Not only have all groups benefited from the Wu but there have hardly been any groups to come out since then cuz how can you follow up the Wu. Bone even benefited cuz they tried to bite and come out with solos too. They even had the wack offshoot group Mo Thugs

:camby:

typical wu-world posting.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Wacky D if your estimation of Wu has slid due to arguments made for them, that sucks breh. For me, it comes down to this: I feel like I could take four or five members of Wu and put them toe to toe with any other group, including bone, they get the win. Line for line, verse for verse, they'd come out on top. Wu as a group offers you different flavors for what you may be into as a fan of hip hop, not a fan of a particular coast of hip hop: If you want something intellectual, there's GZA and RZA and Masta Killa, and yet those three dudes can also give you the street shyt. If you want street shyt by itself, you got Rae, Ghost and Cappa and Deck to an extent for that. If you want something a bit more carefree but still with dope lyrics and dope flows, you got Meth. If you want off the wall shyt, you got ODB. If you want dope storytelling, they got you covered, if you want weed music, they got you covered, and if you want some some lessons and introspection, they got you covered. It's a group that perhaps their only weakness is not being able to make "party" music but obviously they've got hit records to their name as a group that did what was needed on radio and in the club for them to move units.

Bone has bigger singles, or at least a much bigger single in Crossroads, but if I'm talking quality of music and just the quality of the rappers, I'm going with Wu. That's no diss to Bone at all because they're a dope group as well but for my money, Wu is the best group to ever do this. They can't be seen on the mic man

Daps
:wtf: are you talking about?

i didnt have anything to do with the ALLEGED rigging.

you dont even know what youre talking about. hop off my d!ck wit ya late ass.

I never said you rigged it

I just stated the fact that if anybody other than you did a tournament like this bone wouldn't have made it as far as they did :sas2:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I never said you rigged it

I just stated the fact that if anybody other than you did a tournament like this bone wouldn't have made it as far as they did :sas2:

:why:

what sense does that even make? where is the logic in this?

youre just throwing chit at the wall.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@Wacky D if your estimation of Wu has slid due to arguments made for them, that sucks breh. For me, it comes down to this: I feel like I could take four or five members of Wu and put them toe to toe with any other group, including bone, they get the win. Line for line, verse for verse, they'd come out on top. Wu as a group offers you different flavors for what you may be into as a fan of hip hop, not a fan of a particular coast of hip hop: If you want something intellectual, there's GZA and RZA and Masta Killa, and yet those three dudes can also give you the street shyt. If you want street shyt by itself, you got Rae, Ghost and Cappa and Deck to an extent for that. If you want something a bit more carefree but still with dope lyrics and dope flows, you got Meth. If you want off the wall shyt, you got ODB. If you want dope storytelling, they got you covered, if you want weed music, they got you covered, and if you want some some lessons and introspection, they got you covered. It's a group that perhaps their only weakness is not being able to make "party" music but obviously they've got hit records to their name as a group that did what was needed on radio and in the club for them to move units.

Bone has bigger singles, or at least a much bigger single in Crossroads, but if I'm talking quality of music and just the quality of the rappers, I'm going with Wu. That's no diss to Bone at all because they're a dope group as well but for my money, Wu is the best group to ever do this. They can't be seen on the mic man

reading this, it sounds more like wutang is better on paper.

but its not about paper. its about that wax.

and lol @ pretending wutang had hit singles like that.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
im not petty.

you just got exposed. thats all.

Exposed how? Stop being tight cuz Bone lost. In the real world they wouldn't even make it this far in a tournament. They were good but they were a gimmick. nikkas don't play with Ouji boards and sing to the devil. Them nikkas are on some where are they now type shyt when the Wu are international icons

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Exposed how? Stop being tight cuz Bone lost. In the real world they wouldn't even make it this far in a tournament. They were good but they were a gimmick. nikkas don't play with Ouji boards and sing to the devil. Them nikkas are on some where are they now type shyt when the Wu are international icons

:childplease:

im not tight about nothing. i can respond to false statements in my thread. youre the one making crazy statements. calling people wack & gimmicks and all this other jibber youre typing. NOT ME. youre just mad cuz im calling you out on your bullchit.

lol @ "the real world". you do know bone was the more popular group right?:heh:

theres more nikkas that played with those toys r us ouija boards than there are grown men dressng up like ninjas.

lol @ the "where are they now" talk. i could walk by half of the wutang members today and not even notice them.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This whole damn thread is a mockery to hip hop. Bone better than Run DMC and EPMD :mjlol:

Run DMC is better just on GP

the same could be said with wutang going over nwa.

i voted run dmc over bone actually.

epmd tho? nah. they take the L. if they werent an east coast glory days fixture, they would have a disrespected legacy like above the law.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
:childplease:

im not tight about nothing. i can respond to false statements in my thread. youre the one making crazy statements. calling people wack & gimmicks and all this other jibber youre typing. NOT ME. youre just mad cuz im calling you out on your bullchit.

lol @ "the real world". you do know bone was the more popular group right?:heh:

theres more nikkas that played with those toys r us ouija boards than there are grown men dressng up like ninjas.

lol @ the "where are they now" talk. i could walk by half of the wutang members today and not even notice them.

The Wu was just speaking on their love for martial arts flicks. We all watched Kung Fu theater on Saturdays. That shyt was relevant. I don't know one nikka who played with a damn ouji board. That shyt was for weirdos and gumps. And I never said Bone was wack I said their offshoots were. At their height (96) they were more popular for like one year than the Wu but then Wu Tang Forever dropped and that was a wrap. But you know damn well you didn't know what they were saying. nikkas on this thread talked about how they had to go to great lengths to slow the albums down to understand what nikkas was saying

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
reading this, it sounds more like wutang is better on paper.

but its not about paper. its about that wax.

and lol @ pretending wutang had hit singles like that.

Cream was a hit single breh. Method man was a hit single. I don't know about chart positioning or none of that but I know those are hits. I know triumph got a lot of video rotation but I have no idea what if did chart wise. A hit is a hit; some are bigger than others which I gave proper respect to bone for having huge songs but on wax I give it to wu. Their music speaks to me more and they're just better rappers in my eyes so it's really a no brainer

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:rudy:

i stopped reading after the bolded. youre not telling me anything new. sorry to ruin your "moment" but by just skimming thru the rest of this post, i can tell that i said dam near all of this chit already in this thread.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/rapp...cultural-impact-to-match.207554/#post-8114984
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

and i CLEARLY said "urban tours". so clearly that you even repeated me at the beginning of this post. i never said chit about "hip-hop tours".

you stay playing yourself.:pachaha: dont you ever get tired of this chit?

and all you wu-warriors better un-dap that man or dap me too. ima call yall out since yall want to cosign this chitty-chit.
@NormanConnors
@Big Skilly Films
@Cold Blooded
@ 1 other poster
yall think yall caught me sleepin.

shoutout to @mobbinfms and @NormanConnors for being real men.:salute:

no luv for @Cold Blooded for not mannin' up.
and i dont mess with tha @Big Skilly Films cat at all.