THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They were the first group to negotiate solo deals with other labels outside of the group deal

so?

BUT, in fairness, like NWA, The Ghetto Boys were a mr potato head ensemble group. The first GB album has a completely different cast of members.

so was wutang clan.

9 members. half of them not even from the same borrough. 2 members already having failed solo careers, with a 3rd member who was already waiting in the wings to drop a solo album along with them.

your hip hop history is lacking., its because of wu rappers can be on multiple diff labels. your examples are null and void sir. fukk your rep.

so who are all these groups that followed this wutang blueprint?

youre giving them credit for pioneering chit that nobody followed.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:rudy:

i stopped reading after the bolded. youre not telling me anything new. sorry to ruin your "moment" but by just skimming thru the rest of this post, i can tell that i said dam near all of this chit already in this thread.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/rapp...cultural-impact-to-match.207554/#post-8114984
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

and i CLEARLY said "urban tours". so clearly that you even repeated me at the beginning of this post. i never said chit about "hip-hop tours".

you stay playing yourself.:pachaha: dont you ever get tired of this chit?

and all you wu-warriors better un-dap that man or dap me too. ima call yall out since yall want to cosign this chitty-chit.
@NormanConnors
@Big Skilly Films
@Cold Blooded
@ 1 other poster
yall think yall caught me sleepin.
Don't see the bolded. I was the one other poster btw.
Are you saying that there were rappers doing stadium tours from 91-98?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Don't see the bolded. I was the one other poster btw.
Are you saying that there were rappers doing stadium tours from 91-98?

my bad. its bolded nw.

nope. not what i said either.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:rudy:

i stopped reading after the bolded. youre not telling me anything new. sorry to ruin your "moment" but by just skimming thru the rest of this post, i can tell that i said dam near all of this chit already in this thread.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/rapp...cultural-impact-to-match.207554/#post-8114984
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

and i CLEARLY said "urban tours". so clearly that you even repeated me at the beginning of this post. i never said chit about "hip-hop tours".

you stay playing yourself.:pachaha: dont you ever get tired of this chit?

and all you wu-warriors better un-dap that man or dap me too. ima call yall out since yall want to cosign this chitty-chit.
@NormanConnors
@Big Skilly Films
@Cold Blooded
@ 1 other poster
yall think yall caught me sleepin.

You and your chitty-chit...

And as predicted, you're still gonna sit here and play like you know what you're talkin' about when you don't. Maybe if you weren't so quick to "stop reading" you'd know somethin' besides what you "think". But go 'head, show me a major tour where Bone Thugs OR Wu headlined.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You and your chitty-chit...

And as predicted, you're still gonna sit here and play like you know what you're talkin' about when you don't. Maybe if you weren't so quick to "stop reading" you'd know somethin' besides what you "think". But go 'head, show me a major tour where Bone Thugs OR Wu headlined.

cut the sh*t.

you thought you were schooling me, like i wasnt around. now youre sour because i linked you up to old posts of mine where i already said the exact same chit. you lil internet dudes and your pride man. that chit is deadly in real life.

bone co-headlined the budweister superfest in '97 with mary j. thats an urban tour. wutang was touring with people like rage against the machine.

plus bone had a joint before that too, iirc.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
lol @ having to capitalize the word COLLECTIVELY.

meaning yall are counting a bunch of outside stuff not relevant to the topic of groups.
No. Collectively meaning group.
Wu tang has a group has contributed more quality music than bone.

It would have been very simple to just put the poll up and let people vote.

Instead you wanted to move the goalposts and make little rules and loopholes.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No. Collectively meaning group.
Wu tang has a group has contributed more quality music than bone.

It would have been very simple to just put the poll up and let people vote.

Instead you wanted to move the goalposts and make little rules and loopholes.

:mjlol: @ the bolded.

the only people moving goal-posts were the wutang voters. the only group where solo albums are brought into the discussion.:laff:

dont do it to yourself dog. just take your W and run like most of the voters. you dont wanna get hemmed up in this thread b.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
you think wutang is the 1st group to branch off to solo albums?:laff:

mo thugs wasnt a group. IT WAS A RECORD LABEL.:facepalm:

yall need to come out of wu-world.

look at this @Big Mel post:

:scusthov:

this post smells like stink feet.

Of course the Wu weren't the first group to have people go solo but it was something that part of the gameplan from day 1. They were trying to dominate the game. Completely different from a group like the Geto Boys where it was clear that Scarface was the best mc by far so they asked him to do a solo album.

As far as Mo Thugs they did have a group album which was wack as fukk

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
At the end of the day Wu was just a better group. Good hip hop that sounded different from everything else. They changed the game and became international icons. Bone was good but not on Wu's level. Bone fans on this thread even admitted they had to go to great lengths to understand what the fukk these nikkas were saying. How these nikkas even make it to the final?

:yeshrug:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I'm calling it right now. If Bone wins his little tournament it will be "The real heads have spoken! B.O.N.E is rap's GOAT and it can't be denied!"
If Wu wins it will be "But but but but...culture vultures, weirdos, crakkkas" and whatever else excuses
You can see a troll actions ahead of time like a jedi

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Of course the Wu weren't the first group to have people go solo but it was something that part of the gameplan from day 1. They were trying to dominate the game. Completely different from a group like the Geto Boys where it was clear that Scarface was the best mc by far so they asked him to do a solo album.

As far as Mo Thugs they did have a group album which was wack as fukk
Willie D's solo dropped first though.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
At the end of the day Wu was just a better group. Good hip hop that sounded different from everything else. They changed the game and became international icons. Bone was good but not on Wu's level. Bone fans on this thread even admitted they had to go to great lengths to understand what the fukk these nikkas were saying. How these nikkas even make it to the final?

:yeshrug:
They didn't. EPMD was going to beat them until that match was rigged.