• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
They were the first group to negotiate solo deals with other labels outside of the group deal
This is likely true.
Although - at the end of the day - all this business and popularity shyt (or chitty chit for our lesbian friends :troll:) isn't important. The Wu had better beats/rhymes and albums. Of course its all subjective and preference, but to me its an indisputable fact :blessed:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
the failed cheating

tumblr_lxr8rwzV6b1qc1vfso1_500.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Collectively.
COLLECTIVELY.

WU has contributed far far more quality music than bone.

I mean are we really debating that?

lol @ having to capitalize the word COLLECTIVELY.

meaning yall are counting a bunch of outside stuff not relevant to the topic of groups.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This thread is hilarious...

And Wacky, I didn't forget about you... :russ:

Here's why I said you don't have a clue what you're talkin' about half the time... one of the "points" you had was that Wu never headlined an urban tour, and they were doing stuff with RATM nshyt. Ah, how naive... lemme take you back to the 90s.

After about '91 up until '99, there were NO hip-hop tours
.[/B] The only attempt (which ended up getting shut down in two weeks) was the Chronic Tour in '93- Dre, Snoop, Pac, Onyx, Run-DMC, Boss, & Geto Boys. Other than that, big arenas and venues like that were not welcoming hip-hop tours or anything like that. Security prices were mega-high, and the owners didn't want the headache. So here's what happened- artists in that time period either had to find their way into some R&B/rap ensemble tour, or do one-off arena concerts, or perform at smaller spots that were paying them to perform. The music was selling, but nobody was investing money into a hip-hop tour for a loooong time. So all the guys from that era- Wu, Bone, Mobb, Pac, Nas, whoever... none of those dudes headlined any national tours. And Wu was only able to co-headline that tour because it was with a rock band, which was pretty much the same as touring with R&B artists- something to ensure that the crowd wouldn't just be a bunch of hoods. Fukked up to think about, but that's what happened. It basically took the safe No Way Out tour for arenas to even consider that kinda shyt, then came the Hard Knock tour, and the Cash Money/Ruff Ryders, and Up In Smoke. Before that, there hadn't been a strictly hip-hop tour since Public Enemy was headlining. Everybody from our beloved "90s Golden Era" suffered. Sure, they still did shows, still got their money... but those big cross-country tours like Run-DMC, LL, PE, etc. did in the 80s? Negative. So it's not really a discredit to Wu to say they didn't headline any tours... NOBODY did. And if they were running tours back then, Wu was definitely big enough to have headlined one, as was Bone.

:rudy:

i stopped reading after the bolded. youre not telling me anything new. sorry to ruin your "moment" but by just skimming thru the rest of this post, i can tell that i said dam near all of this chit already in this thread.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/rapp...cultural-impact-to-match.207554/#post-8114984
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

and i CLEARLY said "urban tours". so clearly that you even repeated me at the beginning of this post. i never said chit about "hip-hop tours".

you stay playing yourself.:pachaha: dont you ever get tired of this chit?

and all you wu-warriors better un-dap that man or dap me too. ima call yall out since yall want to cosign this chitty-chit.
@NormanConnors
@Big Skilly Films
@Cold Blooded
@ 1 other poster
yall think yall caught me sleepin.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not only have all groups benefited from the Wu but there have hardly been any groups to come out since then cuz how can you follow up the Wu. Bone even benefited cuz they tried to bite and come out with solos too. They even had the wack offshoot group Mo Thugs

:mjlol:

you think wutang is the 1st group to branch off to solo albums?:laff:

mo thugs wasnt a group. IT WAS A RECORD LABEL.:facepalm:

yall need to come out of wu-world.

look at this @Big Mel post:

I truly feel Bone is a C list group.
Wu Tang, Tribe, PE = A list
Brand Nubian, MOP, Dogg Pound = B List
Bone, Onyx, Naughty = C List

:scusthov:

this post smells like stink feet.