THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
just finished on 9/27, but hey they arent touring right this second so you got me :mjlol:

aint nobody trying to hear them excuses, Bone has opened for them on the west too. LMAO @ closing a show meaning nothing. post a show where they opened for them, go ahead ill wait. it dont happen

There last concert date was with Bone Thugs :umad: the difference is Bone Thugs got 22 more dates to do while Wu Tang is done :umad:

bruh there aint shyt to argue bout, post them sales #'s :sas2: those the cold hard facts

you cant tell me Wu Tang is in more demand when their own fans dont even care enough bout em to buy they album :umad:

#FactsOnly

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another point is, when people say Bone are an "acquired taste", I think they are missing the fact that Wu Tang are too, thankfully they both suit my tastes as my taste is diverse but Wu Tang made gritty raw hardcore shyt, that ain't everyone's tastes. Bone actually appeal to more listeners so Wu Tang would be the acquired taste using that logic.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
can you sit here and honestly tell me their group run wouldn't have been better had it been JUST GZA, Meth, Deck, Rae, Ghost with RZA only behind the boards and ODB only for skits?

ehh. thats still a mess.

raekwon, ghostface & cappadonna w/ rza behind the boards >>>> the wu-tang clan

wutang's group dynamics were pretty much shot after 36 chambers.

I think those 2 along with Outkast are the 3 greatest groups in Hiphop history, with all due respect to Run DMC, Public Enemy and NWA but those Holy 3 would slaughter the older groups lyrically. Any of us preferring one group over the other is ok because they are all great, but to dismiss either or any group as overrated is a damn insult to Hiphop history.

outkast has no business being mentioned with those groups.

they dont have the stripes.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they wanted Rakim to open for Tech 9 at 1 point too, so that isn't necessarily indicative of quality.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact nikkas only wanted Method Man pretty much sums up my thoughts on Wutang as a group....matter fact Pac mighta went out of his way to throw Inspectah Deck off the record:mjlol:

Method Man: I was like, ‘Pac jacked the song I did with Dogg Pound.’ Then I hear Kurupt’s verse and I’m like, “Okay, they gave Pac the record. That’s what’s up.’ Then I hear my verse and I’m like, ‘Whoa, wait a minute.’ Then I hear Red’s verse and I’m waiting to hear Deck’s verse. I’m like, ‘Yo, Deck killed this shyt. What the fukk is going on?’

Is Deck's verse out anywhere? Would like to hear that.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just finished on 9/27, but hey they arent touring right this second so you got me :mjlol:. also didnt Bizzy quit? aint even the whole group

aint nobody trying to hear them excuses, Bone has opened for them on the west too. LMAO @ closing a show meaning nothing. post a show where they opened for them, go ahead ill wait. it dont happen

Bizzy's in the group, this is YEAAARS late man lol.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Krayzie apparently left the group but was present on the tours so..... But using that argument could say the same for ODB since he's dead....

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
just finished on 9/27, but hey they arent touring right this second so you got me :mjlol:. also didnt Bizzy quit? aint even the whole group

jay-z closed the hard knock life & roc da mic tours, but everybody knows that dmx and 50 cent were the true headliners on those tours.

bizzy bone is clearly in the group.

The fact nikkas only wanted Method Man pretty much sums up my thoughts on Wutang as a group....matter fact Pac mighta went out of his way to throw Inspectah Deck off the record:mjlol:

Method Man: I was like, ‘Pac jacked the song I did with Dogg Pound.’ Then I hear Kurupt’s verse and I’m like, “Okay, they gave Pac the record. That’s what’s up.’ Then I hear my verse and I’m like, ‘Whoa, wait a minute.’ Then I hear Red’s verse and I’m waiting to hear Deck’s verse. I’m like, ‘Yo, Deck killed this shyt. What the fukk is going on?’

:to: deck is my favorite wutang member.

he spit on that beat tho? i wouldnt want to hear deck over that beat myself.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
all these pages and no mention of the Wu being the soundtrack kings?

they were putting 5 star cuts like Diesel and America on comps and ost's :banderas:

holding down the culture with contributions for Tony Touch, Clue, Slay and Flex albums :blessed:

only group to rep on both BIG albums :mjcry:

bridging the gap down south with Kast, so many contributions...
shyt isn't even close, one of the biggest rap stars in the game (Drake) even reached out to WU to make his song official :heh:, son wasn't thinking about Bone.

Meth and Deck are two of the most sampled emcees vocally as well, the list goes on and on

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right, cuz thats the same thing.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/08/layzie-bone-quits-bone-thugs-n-harmony/

doesnt a different one quit every couple years? i dont really give a shyt either way, just seems so

Hasn't quite similar happened with Wu though? Didn't U-God diss RZA at 1 point and Rae and Ghost have issues with RZA?. It kind of is the same thing if you mean by their presence. Yes Bone members did leave but they came back... but on the tours it's all members, as it was with Wu's apart from ODB. It is now anyway, in the past Bizzy wasn't there.