THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:usure:

Art Of War was a phenomenal dip for the Bone boys. Forever outsold 36 Chambers. Get it together.

i recall you claiming that art of war was just as good as e.99 eternal.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Art Of War is much better than The W to me. I like Wu Tang Forever though.

Its LEAGUES better.

Honestly, 36 chambers is as classic as they come but so is E.1999, but Bone kept a nice lil run with their first 4 albums, Wu had HUGE fall offs in quality after 36 chambers and I blame that on having "too many nikkas on the same blunt" (literally too :lolbron:).

You had cats putting their best work on solo albums then coasting on the group albums, then you had nikkas who just weren't on the same level as the rest trying to get more focus on the group album because that was the only outlet they had. History has shown how the group dynamic is bad for longevity so I give them props for even having that many nikkas in the group to begin with but can you sit here and honestly tell me their group run wouldn't have been better had it been JUST GZA, Meth, Deck, Rae, Ghost with RZA only behind the boards and ODB only for skits?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Art Of War was a phenomenal dip for the Bone boys. Forever outsold 36 Chambers. Get it together.

Forever only "sold more" because it was a double disc, do I need to explain how double disc count twice or did you forget that? And E.1999 and AoW outsold BOTH and ALL of the Wu albums individually anyway so its a moot point. And Art of War was no less than a 4 mic album, its a PERSONAL favorite, but I can concede its not a classic, but the dip from E.1999 to AoW wasn't nearly as severe as 36 to Forever.

If you are a Wu fan I KNOW you aren't prepared to say Forever was anywhere close to a good album as 36 Chambers

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
thread is funny, let the coli tell it, bone vs wu is the third greatest debate in hip hop after pac vs big, nas vs jay, and ahead of foxy vs kim :dead:

fun tournament tho, i'm not really feeling the nit version, but maybe you should do one for female mc's (i don't think one for solo male mc's is even feasible)

Who the fukk wastes their time arguing about two greasy bytches that don't write their own lyrics? :what:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its LEAGUES better.

Honestly, 36 chambers is as classic as they come but so is E.1999, but Bone kept a nice lil run with their first 4 albums, Wu had HUGE fall offs in quality after 36 chambers and I blame that on having "too many nikkas on the same blunt" (literally too :lolbron:).

You had cats putting their best work on solo albums then coasting on the group albums, then you had nikkas who just weren't on the same level as the rest trying to get more focus on the group album because that was the only outlet they had. History has shown how the group dynamic is bad for longevity so I give them props for even having that many nikkas in the group to begin with but can you sit here and honestly tell me their group run wouldn't have been better had it been JUST GZA, Meth, Deck, Rae, Ghost with RZA only behind the boards and ODB only for skits?

I do think Bone had better albums than Wu yes overall. Though I hold 36 Chambers and Wu Tang Forever in a very high regard. But when listening back Bone had more dope shyt to me. When it comes to group albums.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I do think Bone had better albums than Wu yes overall. Though I hold 36 Chambers and Wu Tang Forever in a very high regard. But when listening back Bone had more dope shyt to me. When it comes to group albums.

I think those 2 along with Outkast are the 3 greatest groups in Hiphop history, with all due respect to Run DMC, Public Enemy and NWA but those Holy 3 would slaughter the older groups lyrically. Any of us preferring one group over the other is ok because they are all great, but to dismiss either or any group as overrated is a damn insult to Hiphop history.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think those 2 along with Outkast are the 3 greatest groups in Hiphop history, with all due respect to Run DMC, Public Enemy and NWA but those Holy 3 would slaughter the older groups lyrically. Any of us preferring one group over the other is ok because they are all great, but to dismiss either or any group as overrated is a damn insult to Hiphop history.

Yeah, I don't think Bone or Wu were overrated, If OB4CL and shyt counted may have voted for Wu but can only really count group albums in my opinion, otherwise it's not a THE group, Bone had all them Bone Brother's Cd's so.. lol. Just counting group shyt that's official group shyt.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I liked this run from Bone....

Thug World Order had some joints but was a bit of a dip to me.

Wu I fukked with the 1st 2 hard but after that not so much though they had some joints.

I will admit after BTNHResurrection, they took a dip in quality but a big part of it was that they couldn't keep the damn group together. Unlike Wu, Bone's individual members all complimented each other and made the group stronger, even Wish, who by consensus was the weakest member, offset the groups sound and gave them a much harder edge than they would have without him. They were a REAL group, unlike Wu which started out that way but turned into a solo artist collaboration effort.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Man what? :stopitslime: like bone didn't lace soundtracks. Dayz of our lives was on set it off soundtrack and they had a cut on the show soundtrack. Not to mention shoot em up from the great white hype ost.

And bone the only group to work both tupac and biggie.

yep.

clear illustration of just how one-sided and oblivious these wutang arguments are.

its beyond laughable.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Wu Tang Forever is a much better album then East 1999 to me. Like not even close at all.

:manny:
Forever only "sold more" because it was a double disc, do I need to explain how double disc count twice or did you forget that? And E.1999 and AoW outsold BOTH and ALL of the Wu albums individually anyway so its a moot point. And Art of War was no less than a 4 mic album, its a PERSONAL favorite, but I can concede its not a classic, but the dip from E.1999 to AoW wasn't nearly as severe as 36 to Forever.

If you are a Wu fan I KNOW you aren't prepared to say Forever was anywhere close to a good album as 36 Chambers

Forever sold more than 36 but wasn't as good. Forever is still thrice the album East 1999 is IMO. AOW only got la few spins before being shelved. Fast rapping barely holds my interest for a LP let alone a double disc. It's why Creepin' On Ah Come Up is my fav Bone release. Perfect amount of Bone. Pause.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yeah, I don't think Bone or Wu were overrated, If OB4CL and shyt counted may have voted for Wu but can only really count group albums in my opinion, otherwise it's not a THE group, Bone had all them Bon e Brother's Cd's so.. lol. Just counting group shyt that's offcial group shyt.

Krayzie and Bizzy both had good solo albums that nobody ever mentions either, but once again we are talking group efforts so I wouldn't count any solo work

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will admit after BTNHResurrection, they took a dip in quality but a big part of it was that they couldn't keep the damn group together. Unlike Wu, Bone's individual members all complimented each other and made the group stronger, even Wish, who by consensus was the weakest member, offset the groups sound and gave them a much harder edge than they would have without him. They were a REAL group, unlike Wu which started out that way but turned into a solo artist collaboration effort.

I do feel like Wu had a significant fall off in regards to group albums, Bone's quality lasted longer to me, but Bone declined a bit to me like you said when they had the serious member issues. But even Thug World Order had some excellent tracks. They reemerged nicely though later on after probably some weaker efforts...

• Dap
Reactions: TNC