THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Wu Tang Forever is a much better album then East 1999 to me. Like not even close at all.

:manny:

Forever sold more than 36 but wasn't as good. Forever is still thrice the album East 1999 is IMO. AOW only got la few spins before being shelved. Fast rapping barely holds my interest for a LP let alone a double disc. It's why Creepin' On Ah Come Up is my fav Bone release. Perfect amount of Bone. Pause.

Ok, well you laid out your grievances and I can at least respect that. Bone and Wu are both acquired tastes and not for everyone, I get that.

But its very hard to deny that Bone wasn't the more WIDELY accepted and preferred group of the two. The numbers alone prove this. Its not like either group is leagues better than the other in skills but they have completely different styles, Bone's style was just more preferred by most.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Krayzie and Bizzy both had good solo albums that nobody ever mentions either, but once again we are talking group efforts so I wouldn't count any solo work

I love Bizzy's solo wok, think it's exceptional, I would take Bizzy's solo work over Wu Tang's group discogaphy. But obviously its' group vs group albums.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Ok, well you laid out your grievances and I can at least respect that. Bone and Wu are both acquired tastes and not for everyone, I get that.

But its very hard to deny that Bone wasn't the more WIDELY accepted and preferred group of the two. The numbers alone prove this. Its not like either group is leagues better than the other in skills but they have completely different styles, Bone's style was just more preferred by most.

I mean, Naughty By Nature was more widely accepted than BDP. Anytime a rap group sell a gazzilion albums it's usually a sign of a fungus among us.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I mean, Naughty By Nature was more widely accepted than BDP. Anytime a rap group sell a gazzilion albums it's usually a sign of a fungus among us.

I mean, BIG, Pac, Jay, Em and the like are some of the most successful artists ever.... are they trash? Or are people just speaking with their wallets?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
True, some people have a huge coastal bias for some odd reason, I couldn't give a fukk where something comes from personally, some people are so narrow minded they only recognize quality from their own region and can't appreciate diversity.

In my top 5 I have 3 artists who would be deemed N.Y, 1 who is arguably a west coast artist and a south artist... quality Hip Hop isn't restricted by locations.

to @Big Mel 's credit, he doesnt have a location bias. more like a sound/style bias.....but at the end of the day, that bias is planted by location.

and the only reason hes in this thread is to ensure that bone doesnt win. dude skipped out on practically the entire tournament.

thread is funny, let the coli tell it, bone vs wu is the third greatest debate in hip hop after pac vs big, nas vs jay, and ahead of foxy vs kim :dead:

fun tournament tho, i'm not really feeling the nit version, but maybe you should do one for female mc's (i don't think one for solo male mc's is even feasible)

shoot, i remember when bone/wu was second only to big/pac. at least of the past 21 years.:flabbynsick:

whats wrong with the NIT?

yea. im tryna do it all. the solo brackets are halways done.:king:

i wanted to do a female tournament but i think it'll flop.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to @Big Mel 's credit, he doesnt have a location bias. more like a sound/style bias.....but at the end of the day, that bias is planted by location.

and the only reason hes in this thread is to ensure that bone doesnt win. dude skipped out on practically the entire tournament.

shoot, i remember when bone/wu was second only to big/pac. at least of the past 21 years.:flabbynsick:

whats wrong with the NIT?

yea. im tryna do it all. the solo brackets are halways done.:king:

i wanted to do a female tournament but i think it'll flop.

I think he has a location and sound/style bias. Plenty times I seen him shyt on south artists cause their from the south.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I mean, BIG, Pac, Jay, Em and the like are some of the most successful artists ever.... are they trash? Or are people just speaking with their wallets?

Not at all trash. But definitely corporate darlings. Dying at your zenith also helps.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not at all trash. But definitely corporate darlings. Dying at your zenith also helps.

who is that in ur avi?

Then someone said Method Man, I didn't realize Method Man was a group....

then they listed a shyheim collaboration.

i didnt even know he was apart of the group period.:mindblown:

these dudes are so desperate that theyre resorting to the inclusion of affiliates in order to settle trivial side-arguments.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

these dudes are so desperate that theyre resorting to the inclusion of affiliates in order to settle trivial side-arguments.

Anyone could just add Eazy to that equation and be done lol.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bone up in NY clashing with the Wu,just some young thugs from Cleveleand Ohio....sounded like Wu flexed back harder but Bone got heart man:mjcry:...im guessin somebody was probably jealous:sas2:

We need the Bone vs Wu tour,Wu opens while Bone closes and rattles off hit after hit,classic after classic letting Wu Tang stans realize its levels to this shyt.....I imagine Wutang fans crying in the parking lot ":mindblown:If only Wu coulda did songs off the solo albums bro:to:!"....salute to Meth though one of my favorites and really the only reason I wont flat out call Wutang shyt as a group,those Meth verses:banderas:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who is that in ur avi?

The fact nikkas only wanted Method Man pretty much sums up my thoughts on Wutang as a group....matter fact Pac mighta went out of his way to throw Inspectah Deck off the record:mjlol:

Method Man: I was like, ‘Pac jacked the song I did with Dogg Pound.’ Then I hear Kurupt’s verse and I’m like, “Okay, they gave Pac the record. That’s what’s up.’ Then I hear my verse and I’m like, ‘Whoa, wait a minute.’ Then I hear Red’s verse and I’m waiting to hear Deck’s verse. I’m like, ‘Yo, Deck killed this shyt. What the fukk is going on?’

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
for one, they just finished up a European tour and rocked the Barclay's in Brooklyn. i dont know what garbage site you used, but its wrong

and Bone just opened for Wu at the Source 360 festival, how'd them 90s sales help then?

are they touring RIGHT NOW? do they have any TOUR DATES coming up?

the answer is NO.

Bone has been booked for years pretty much :umad:

Bone Opened for WU AT A NEW YORK EVENT and has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING because ONE of them has to eventually open for each other, its common sense :snoop:

closing out means NOTHING, just look at Coachella line up and performance times

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
are they touring RIGHT NOW? do they have any TOUR DATES coming up?

the answer is NO.

Bone has been booked for years pretty much :umad:

Bone Opened for WU AT A NEW YORK EVENT and has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING because ONE of them has to eventually open for each other, its common sense :snoop:

closing out means NOTHING, just look at Coachella line up and performance times

just finished on 9/27, but hey they arent touring right this second so you got me :mjlol:. also didnt Bizzy quit? aint even the whole group

aint nobody trying to hear them excuses, Bone has opened for them on the west too. LMAO @ closing a show meaning nothing. post a show where they opened for them, go ahead ill wait. it dont happen