THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
For posterity:

First 3 Wu albums slaughter the first 3 Bone albums. Like SLAUGHTER.

I've highlighted the trashy beats on e.1999 in the past. do your googles.

youre known to have a clear bias & disregard for beats if theyre not east coast or east coast influenced. specifically boom bap & native tongue-ish.

lol @ forever being better than e.99 and the w being better than art of war. thats just str8 biased. and you couldve avoided exposing you bias if you simply just lined them up right.

e. 99 eternal >>> 36 chambers
art of war >>> wutang forever
btnh ressurrection >>> the w
thug world order >>> iron flag
strength & loyalty >>> 8 diaphrams

creepin on ah come up - the goat ep is usually used as the ace in the hole, but its not even needed for this battle.

hell, i might take "faces of death" & WW3 over the latter wu jawns.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre known to have a clear bias & disregard for beats if theyre not east coast or east coast influenced. specifically boom bap & native tongue-ish.

lol @ forever being better than e.99 and the w being better than art of war. thats just str8 biased. and you couldve avoided exposing you bias if you simply just lined them up right.

e. 99 eternal >>> 36 chambers
art of war >>> wutang forever
btnh ressurrection >>> the w
thug world order >>> iron flag
strength & loyalty >>> 8 diaphrams

creepin on ah come up - the goat ep is usually used as the ace in the hole, but its not even needed for this battle.

True, some people have a huge coastal bias for some odd reason, I couldn't give a fukk where something comes from personally, some people are so narrow minded they only recognize quality from their own region and can't appreciate diversity.

In my top 5 I have 3 artists who would be deemed N.Y, 1 who is arguably a west coast artist and a south artist... quality Hip Hop isn't restricted by locations.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
big mel is a fat nerd who im bout 99% positive is a 38 year old virgin, his opinion on hip hop is so wrong he actually should be banned from the booth.

His opinion on ANYTHING rap is the COMPLETE opposite of ANYONE ive known ... about ANYTHING

I like how "wu tang is legendary, wu tang is forever, wu tang is world wide" :dahell:

aint no one booking wu tang on the west coast

if its wu tang forever and they got the more die hard fans, where them sales at ? :dahell:

Bone Thugs N Harmony in the 90s, 2000s and 2010s killed Wu Tang in sales.. this is why the internet is garbage at times.. yall lil pale ass frail ass nerds think because you are in a hipster DJ store on friday nights surrounded by vinyls and shyt and you see 3 people with hipster wu tang shirts on that everyone else in the world feel the same way

the world spoke already

with album sales :ahh:

yall dont even wanna go into lyrics cause no one in wu tang fukkin with krayzie or bizzy :umad:

if wu tang so poppin where them tour dates at RIGHT NOW ?

Wu-Tang Clan
  • On tour: no
  • Upcoming 2014 concerts: none

Raekwon
  • Verified by artist
  • On tour: no
  • Upcoming 2014 concerts: none

he hasnt toured since mid 2013 :dead: no concerts no nothing, he chillen at his house cause no one is tryna book fukkin wu tang or even their main member

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

:umad:

wu tang fans completely ignore stats, facts and rational thought..

bone = more sales
bone = more tour dates
bone = more successful

BUT WU TANG WAS ON CHAPPELLE SHOW :damn:
BUT I SEE 1 ASIAN KID A YEAR WEARING A WU TANG SHIRT IN THE MALL :damn:
WU TANG FOREVER, WU TANG WORLD WIDE :damn:
The idiocy of this post :wow:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
thread is funny, let the coli tell it, bone vs wu is the third greatest debate in hip hop after pac vs big, nas vs jay, and ahead of foxy vs kim :dead:

fun tournament tho, i'm not really feeling the nit version, but maybe you should do one for female mc's (i don't think one for solo male mc's is even feasible)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
honestly, i don't mind if bone loses...this competition (aside from outkast being set up to lose early) pretty much didn't show any surprises. atcq, nwa, epmd, bone, wu, kast, run, and de la...always the goats (i'd add mobb deep in as well)

:wtf: @ the bolded.

lets take this to the stage.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/bracket-breakdown-of-the-goat-rap-group-tournament-vote-now.235973/
and breathe some life back into that thread in the process.

anybody that has gripes with any seedings, please feel free to comment, as long as youre contributer to the tournament.

@dora_da_destroyer is a valued regular in these threads.:obama:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Even excluding solos:

36 Chambers > Creepin' On Ah

Forever > East 1999

The W > Art Of war

Actually NO, I'm NOT gonna let this shyt slide...

at absolute BEST 36 Chambers = East 1999. Their best efforts are equal to each other, but Forever was considered a HUGE disappointment when it actually came out by critics and Wu Heads across the board and EVERY group album they have released since was worse.

Bone also never topped E.1999, but Art of War was damn close to it as far as quality goes and BTNHResurrection shyts on Iron Flag and if you want to compare 8 diagrams to Thug World Order, Strength & Loyalty AND Uni5, be my fukkin guest but you WILL not win the group album battle. You better focus on how good of a solo emcee Ghost and Rae are :sas1:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Bone is in the CHAMPIONSHIP????
right, cuz wu was putting out classic since the stoneage

:banderas:

:aicmon:

That's from an album no one hails as classic, even if it's severely underrated and platinum plus.

plus, I actually kinda liked Gravel Pit. It's no Ghetto Cowboy but Ghost killed it. Ghost was killing everything back then.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

at absolute BEST 36 Chambers = East 1999. Their best efforts are equal to each other, but Forever was considered a HUGE disappointment when it actually came out by critics and Wu Heads across the board and EVERY group album they have released since was worse.

Bone also never topped E.1999, but Art of War was damn close to it as far as quality goes and BTNHResurrection shyts on Iron Flag and if you want to compare 8 diagrams to Thug World Order, Strength & Loyalty AND Uni5, be my fukkin guest but you WILL not win the group album battle. You better focus on how good of a solo emcee Ghost and Rae are :sas1:

36 Chamber is up here

Bone is down here.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Art Of War is much better than The W to me. I like Wu Tang Forever though.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
all these pages and no mention of the Wu being the soundtrack kings?

they were putting 5 star cuts like Diesel and America on comps and ost's :banderas:

holding down the culture with contributions for Tony Touch, Clue, Slay and Flex albums :blessed:

only group to rep on both BIG albums :mjcry:

bridging the gap down south with Kast, so many contributions...

thats because theyre NOT the soundtrack kings.
that distinction goes to mc eiht/compton's most wanted.
besides, bone slaughters wutang in the soundtrack department anyway.

what imaginary gap did they bridge withe outkast?:heh:
maybe with backpackers who were already listening to outkast anyway.