• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
84 votes in. Wu winning 54-30. Just memorializing for post-shenanigans.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Didn't Bone have hits with I Tried and shyt not that long ago? That's what I'm saying, that's a poor argument.

thats what im saying. they had alot more longevity than wutang.

but let these dudes tell it, bone thugs only lasted a few years and wutang is still poppin in their warped minds.

see. look at this chit b.

Don't get me wrong Bone was a great group but there run was only for a few years than they started making

songs with Phil Collins :beli:

:snoop:

exhibit a.

bone blew up in 94. the phil collins song was in 03, and it was the only song they did with him. plus it was a big hit, and they still had hits years later.

and whats wrong with doing a song with phil collins anyway? hes a legend and hip-hop has sampled him countless times.

:why:

I wasn't saying Twista was the 1st to rap fast but he did it before them. They weren't the first MCs to harmonize either. The Force MDs were originally the Force MCs but switched over to strictly R&B and changed their name. And Im not dissing Unsung its a great show but they would never have the Wu on it because everybody recognizes their greatness, hence the word Unsung

this is a very negligent and simplistic summary of bone's style.:scusthov: theres way more to their style than just that. its a combination of alot of things. and they dont rap fast like twista or those that came before twista. nor do they harmonize like force mds or those that came before the mds.

and their influence is extremely prevalent today. cant say the same for wutang.:whistle:

youre taking the term "unsung" too literally. 98% of the people featured on that show are people whose greatness is indeed recognized. just about everybody featured on that show had huge legendary careers. its not some "where are they now" type of show. not even close. its basically the show for all the urban music legends really, except for the ones whose legacies are shoved down our throats by the media. and truth be told, alot of the media-pushed legends werent even as big as half of the artists that have been featured on unsung.

thats why i take offense and look sideways at people who talk down about unsung. cuz it means 1 of 3 things:
A.) youre just not up on the show and youre making bad assumptions.
B.) youre just a culture-vulture
C.) all of the above
pick one.:popcorn:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ok but I thought we were talking about hits?. A lot of records get played on them stations. Bone had bigger records than Wu recently so I don't see how that logic can be used as a stick to beat Bone with.

theres no logic to any of their arguments.

page 13 and i havnt seen a respectable argument yet.

Your right WE recognize Big Daddy Kane's greatness but that doesn't mean the mainstream or even your average hip hop fan does. I would like to think most of us are experts in hip hop. Scarface was on Unsung too as part of the Geto Boys. We all know how great he is but my mama didn't. She watched that episode and was like "Oh yeah I remember My Mind Playing Tricks On Me". She remember Crossroads but she didn't know who it was. Better believe she knows who the Wu is tho

the flipside to that is i bet your mom can name more bone thug songs than wutang cuts.:sas1:

wutang is smart. they marketed themselves brilliantly. but their achilles heel is the fact that their logo, name value & mystique is much more notable with the general public than their actual music.

big daddy kane is a household name in the urban world. bad example.

The Wu has a new song getting played in regular rotation on HipHop Nation and Shade 45 right now

:mjlol:

struggle-stats.

Right. How the fukk is Bone better than Run DMC, PE, NWA, Tribe, EPMD, etc etc?

:rudy:

well how the f*ck is wutang better than those groups?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Wacky doesn't know WTF he's talkin' about half the time. Either that, or he skews the facts to fit his argument better. Let's be real- both Wu and Bone line up the same. They both peaked in the mid-90s, started losing steam by the end of the decade, had inner turmoil and a drop in popularity by the early-2000s, have never fully recovered but have managed to maintain a folllowing, and are both considered legendary today. Preferring one over the other is relative, but there's no real, unbiased way to act like one just faaaaaaar surpassed the other.

you dumbass. dont you realize that youre not disagreeing with me at all in this quote?

so why are you saying wacky? wacky isnt the name that you should be calling out. youre moreso arguing with the people disagreeing with me, acting as if bone isnt on wutang's level. but as usual, you always want to try to hop on my d*ck, and you ALWAYS play yourself in the process. dont you ever get tired of this?

now if you didnt rush in here bussin ya gun at the ceiling, you would have known what i was arguing about. im arguing about the people acting as if they DONT line up the same. dudes in here claiming bone only lasted a few years, when in reality bone is the group that has had continued success throughout the 2000s. bone is the group that has plaques & awards as late as '08, as opposed to wutang who havnt even had a popular single since '98. but let these dudes tell it, bone hasnt been relevant since '96 and wutang is still running the game according to their warped minds.

thats all the hell im saying.