THE CHAMPIONSHIP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rip928

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Savannah, Ga
Lets be real. Most of yall Bone fans didn't even know half of what they were saying. On their biggest hit Crossroads one of the only lines from the verses that I could pick up was "I miss my Uncle Chaaaaaaaaaarles yall"

:mjlol:
It's not hard to understand what bone is saying. Thats the weakest argument thats used against them.
Bone lyrics been out since ohhla and Netscape. You cheating yourself chief. Bone has some real gems. And it aint like WU Lyrics dont need deciphering too.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
84 votes in. Wu winning 54-30. Just memorializing for post-shenanigans.

before you do that, why dont you get to memorializing all the shenanigans that have taken place so far too.

you cant have it one way.

the summary of this thread consists of bone voters having to correct the misinformation of wutang voters who are showing nothing but negligence all thru this thread.

so if "the shenanigans" take place, it really doesnt matter at this point breh. similar story to the previous thread.

Wasn't It around number 6 in the U.S charts or something? Think it charted worldwide too in other countries.

something like that.

hit record. one of the best-selling albums of the year. platinum movie. AMA award. etc.

Lets be real. Most of yall Bone fans didn't even know half of what they were saying. On their biggest hit Crossroads one of the only lines from the verses that I could pick up was "I miss my Uncle Chaaaaaaaaaarles yall"

:mjlol:

lets be honest honest.

you need to speak for yourself breh.

Bone might have had more commercial success than the Wu at one point but the Wu has a longer lasting legacy. You can put up that Wu logo anywhere in the world and people know the deal. Wouldn't be the same for Bone

what longer lasting legacy?

sleek marketing? we gave them props for that.

you keep yappin about logos. what about the music. why isnt the actual music's legacy as strong?

nobody wants to answer this.

shyt was almost 8 years ago mannnnn...

and wutang's last hit was 20 years ago, according to method man.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
wutang voters ducking every single point like the plague. you dudes look pitiful.

and lol. lets look at the albums here, if we can actually compare the groups for once:

e.99 eternal >>> 36 chambers
art of war >>> wutang forever
btnh ressurrection >>> the w
thug world order >>>> iron flag
strength & loyalty >>> 8 diagrams

hell, the underground "faces of death" album is better than those last coupl wutang joints.

and i didnt even have to bring up the legendary goat EP "creepin on ah come up"

bone's singles are better.

this is a wash.

now we know why wutang fans avoid the actual group talk in every single thread.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's not hard to understand what bone is saying. Thats the weakest argument thats used against them.
Bone lyrics been out since ohhla and Netscape. You cheating yourself chief. Bone has some real gems. And it aint like WU Lyrics dont need deciphering too.

yep.

and even before that, there were tons of websites dedicated strictly to bone thugs lyrics. hell, theyre probably the reason that ohhla and all that stuff started in the 1st place.

shoot, bizzy bone himself has all his lyrics to his debut album in his album booklet.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

yep.

and even before that, there were tons of websites dedicated strictly to bone thugs lyrics. hell, theyre probably the reason that ohhla and all that stuff started in the 1st place.

shoot, bizzy bone himself has all his lyrics to his debut album in his album booklet.
It's absolutely hard to understand what Bone is saying. Back in 94-95 when they were at their peak, this was discussed all the time. It was a badge of honor to claim you understood what they were saying.
And the internet stuff didn't come into play until later.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's absolutely hard to understand what Bone is saying. Back in 94-95 when they were at their peak, this was discussed all the time. It was a badge of honor to claim you understood what they were saying.

thats just people revelling in ignorance.

if you really want to know what theyre saying, its really not a tough task. even some of bone's detractors on here have said the same thing.

their were tons of bone thug lyric websites all over the internet as far back as '96. probably longer than that, but thats when i caught on to it.

rip928

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Savannah, Ga
All fast rap is hard to understand, at first. The more you hear it, it slows down. And I remember printing out the lyrics to Thuggish Ruggish while the single was out. I also had COACU on cassette tape, my brother showed me how to dub it and slow it down for clarity like screw tapes. That was something i did because i cared to know what was being said. Alot of people don't care though. if the hook and the beat is tight, lyrics are overlooked.

Take Eminem's "Rap God" for example. Sold through the roof. While casual listeners sit back and revel at his technical abilities, his fans are getting the lyrics because THEY want to spit it just like him. Fandom requires it.

It took the same effort to understand some of Wu's material too. Or Das Efx. Or Camp Lo.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random but I was listening to some joints of the UNI album earlier, were some joints on that shyt, I liked the Only God Can Judge Me shyt...

Some other fire joints too, I've had fun listening to Bone and Wu today lol.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going through the albums I really appreciated what great MC's Bone members were even more.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its dissapointing more west coast nikkas dont go to bat for Bone:wow:....being that they not from the west they dont get the same protection from folks tellin outright lies:comeon:...how we gon not go as hard for bone just cuz wasnt homegrown in cali yall:snoop:

This is just a matter of which fanbase feels like voting more...they really not all that similar....wutang connected with they fans better with thy branding strategy and in turn have more passionate followers....musically though there can never be another bone,they have a style nobody will ever be able to pull off authentically.

Hood nikkas who rap fast who sing about ouiga boards:mindblown:....and bone got more classic well known records than wu....that timeless shyt

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
yep alot of lies being told in this thread.

chit is criminal.