Reppin
NULL

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my whole thing is, if bone isnt relevant, then what does that make wutang? cuz wutang's wave dried up alot earlier than bone's.

so of course im gonna respond in the fashion. other than that, you wouldnt have heard a peep out of me about wutang's falloff.

Didn't Bone have hits with I Tried and shyt not that long ago? That's what I'm saying, that's a poor argument.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
all bone did was rap fast?:laugh: you really dont need to be in this thread if you think that.
(twista wasnt the 1st to rap fast either, btw. nor was he influential.)

wutang is a hip-hop institiution according to whom?

who the hell disses unsung? you sound like a culture-vulture. i dont go back-n-forth with those types. once you expose yourself, its :camby:
I wasn't saying Twista was the 1st to rap fast but he did it before them. They weren't the first MCs to harmonize either. The Force MDs were originally the Force MCs but switched over to strictly R&B and changed their name. And Im not dissing Unsung its a great show but they would never have the Wu on it because everybody recognizes their greatness, hence the word Unsung

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't seem like the case at all. Couldn't it be simply that most these posters feel that Wu is the better group? Has the most cultural impact? Greater presence domestically and internationally? Bone is great and has put out classic material but let's not start assuming things about people that feel Wu is the greater group.

It does seem the case to me, @mobbinfms is a poster I respect and like, but I remember him saying he hasn't really heard any Bizzy solo albums or at least words to that effect. Plus when people posting smileys when I'm posting about Bizzy's MC'in abilities implies they don't REALLY know. Bizzy is a great MC, his work is deeply personal, has content, positivity many times, pain, the struggle, flows, styles, he is an incredible MC and 1 of the most unique artists in Hip Hop. I certainly think some people just heard the Bone work where Bizzy was "tongue twisting" often as he called it, in his solo career he was much more of a songmaker and more content driven in his solo career. I don't think people know all his work, I genuinely don't, I bet if I asked some questions would struggle without google. It's fine that people think Wu is the better group, I might pick them too in my final vote,I want to give a real vote so I'm in the process of listening to the music again now. But when your talking about MC'in to downplay Bizzy's skills doesn't sound like people really know what a dope MC he is, on a technical level. Also his discography has some very very good albums too, Alpha And Omega, The Gift, A Song For You, I remember even A Song For You did pretty well commercially, think it was around number 8-12 on the charts and was under Sony/After Platinum Records specifically, the songmaking on that and production was of a high class. Heaven's Movie is well acclaimed too. Bizzy ain't no average MC so that ain't a wild opinion where people can realistically post smileys being sarcastic lol. Like of course they CAN lol but from that I'm gonna think they either don't know or understand. I'm a Wu fan,I know about Rae's shyt, Meth's flow, cadence, delivery, flavour, Ghostface and the energy, Deck and the lyrics, I even have the latter Deck albums from around 2010 ish?. I even have the Wu Tang books lmao. So I am up heavily on both groups. I respect both. It's a reasonable opinion Wu are the better group, never said it wasn't.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It does seem the case to me, @mobbinfms is a poster I respect and like, but I remember him saying he hasn't really heard any Bizzy solo albums or at least words to that effect. Plus when people posting smileys when I'm posting about Bizzy's MC'in abilities implies they don't REALLY know. Bizzy is a great MC, his work is deeply personal, has content, positivity many times, pain, the struggle, flows, styles, he is an incredible MC and 1 of the most unique artists in Hip Hop. I certainly think some people just heard the Bone work where Bizzy was "tongue twisting" often as he called it, in his solo career he was much more of a songmaker and more content driven in his solo career. I don't think people know all his work, I genuinely don't, I bet if I asked some questions would struggle without google. It's fine that people think Wu is the better group, I might pick them too in my final vote,I want to give a real vote so I'm in the process of listening to the music again now. But when your talking about MC'in to downplay Bizzy's skills doesn't sound like people really know what a dope MC he is, on a technical level. Also his discography has some very very good albums too, Alpha And Omega, The Gift, A Song For You, I remember even A Song For You did pretty well commercially, think it was around number 8-12 on the charts and was under Sony/After Platinum Records specifically, the songmaking on that and production was of a high class. Heaven's Movie is well acclaimed too. Bizzy ain't no average MC so that ain't a wild opinion where people can realistically post smileys being sarcastic lol. Like of course they CAN lol but from that I'm gonna think they either don't know or understand. I'm a Wu fan,I know about Rae's shyt, Meth's flow, cadence, delivery, flavour, Ghostface and the energy, Deck and the lyrics, I even have thelatter Deck albums from around 2010 ish?. I even have the Wu Tang books lmao. So I am p heavily on both groups. I respect both. It's a reasonable opinion Wu are the better group, never said it wasn't.
I'm not a Bone fan at all.
Of course they have some classic songs that I love - but the albums never grabbed me.
I've never heard a Bone solo album.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't saying Twista was the 1st to rap fast but he did it before them. They weren't the first MCs to harmonize either. The Force MDs were originally the Force MCs but switched over to strictly R&B and changed their name. And Im not dissing Unsung its a great show but they would never have the Wu on it because everybody recognizes their greatness, hence the word Unsung

They had Big Daddy Kane on Unsung yet we all (hopefully) recognize his greatness. Bone introduced that style to the world regardless, that's like crediting Cube or Face for Pac's influence, of course they deserve some credit but it don't not that Pac don't deserve any too lol.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course they have some classic songs that I love - but the albums never grabbed me.

This is what I was saying bro about the don't know/haven't heard factor, just a statement of that fact with respect to illustrate the point.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And to be fair to YOU, you didn't post no smileys when I said that like I'd just said Souja Boy is better than Nas lol. But my point was some people did and I can bet many of them also haven't heard all of Bizzy's work which is very different from the Bone work actually.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
And to be fair to YOU, you didn't post no smileys when I said that like I'd just said Souja Boy is better than Nas lol. But my point was some people did and I can bet many of them also haven't heard all of Bizzy's work which is very different from the Bone work actually.
I dapped @Billy Ocean when he posted a smiley though :lolbron:
I don't subscribe to the notion that you have to hear an artists entire discography to weigh in with an opinion though. There's so much classic hip hop that I want to check out, but still haven't, that I don't have time to listen to stuff I know is gonna be wack just to say I did.
All that said, I wouldn't mind listening to Bone solos - I don't think Bone is wack at all - I'm just not a fan.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like what? What has been said that led you and @The Ruler 09 to state that people don't know Bone's history?

The sarcasim or ridicule of a perfectly reasonable opinion. I would never do that the other way round cause too much respect for all the MC's involved, if someone says Ghostface the best MC technically out of them I would disagree but I wouldn't ridicule it cause Ghost is 1 hell of an MC too, I've heard him switch the flows, he brings it delivery wise, and Method is also a great MC. Wu has many MC's I rate, I even always liked RZA, and felt his flow was a STYLE not cause he couldn't rap, I fukk with RZA's work, Build Strong is 1 of my favourite songs. And Domestic Violence is hilarious lol.