Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
$2.2? Might as well just build another stadium. The Royals and Chiefs floated an idea of a "rolling roof" back when I lived there in 2008 and even that didn't cost a billie...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Metra goes right there. Walk isn’t too bad, unless you’re old or out of shape. Obviously it’s not like the United Center where the bus literally stops right in front of the arena. Maybe a 5 min walk.

metra isn't a viable transportation option on sunday afternoons 8 times a year. I think they drop off at millenium park, which is a nice walk from soldier field. and that walk is not a fun ordeal when those winter months hit :sadcam:

doesn't matter how good of shape ur in.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
metra isn't a viable transportation option on sunday afternoons 8 times a year. I think they drop off at millenium park, which is a nice walk from soldier field. and that walk is not a fun ordeal when those winter months hit :sadcam:

doesn't matter how good of shape ur in.
Naw, there’s a stop at 18th St, right in front of Soldier Field. It’s MAYBE a five min walk. There’s a walkway that leads right up to the stadium.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
That’s probably what’s going to happen most likely,the question is what team would move to chicago
I hope at least leave the dome open during nfl games
I could see the Jaguars possibly moving there. Shahid Khan studied at Illinois and his son Tony grew up in Champaign and went to high school and college there. They also own AEW, basically the new WCW and they stay running big wrasslin shows in the Chicago market. Moving to Soldier Field seems logical if the Bears leave.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn i though Inglewood was LA.

Los Angeles is one of the strangest shaped cities in the country. Even a lot of folk who live in/around LA have no idea which cities are officially LA and which cities are not. When you're driving around half the time its impossible to tell where one city starts and the next begins, it all just blends into each other.

ZeeMap-595069.png

Hollywood is LA but Burbank is not, Venice is LA but Santa Monica is not, Crenshaw is LA but Inglewood and Compton are not, and half the docks are in LA but the other half are in Long Beach. A bunch of LA is up in the San Fernando Valley in the middle of nowhere but then pretty much all of East LA which is just a few minutes away from downtown isn't actually part of LA at all.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Dome? I hope not.

That raw feel of watching teams play in the cold and out in the elements late in the season/playoffs is apart of the appeal of the Northeast/Midwestern football.

Someone correct me if I wrong but Chi Town isn't as cold as Minnesota is during the winter, so I can understand the Vikings having a dome, but the Bears?

If the Bears get domed up at least will still have the northeast cities and Green Bay for cold weather football :ld:
Shieeit that lake effect snow ain't nothing to be fukked with...

It's called the windy city for a reason...that wind chill cuts

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
People are soft.

I know it gets hella cold im Chicago, but playing in cold weather and seeing the breath, the mud/grass on jerseys is part of football.

Unless it's near or below freezing (or flooding rain) no dome should be closed in places like Chicago.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Los Angeles is one of the strangest shaped cities in the country. Even a lot of folk who live in/around LA have no idea which cities are officially LA and which cities are not. When you're driving around half the time its impossible to tell where one city starts and the next begins, it all just blends into each other.

ZeeMap-595069.png

Hollywood is LA but Burbank is not, Venice is LA but Santa Monica is not, Crenshaw is LA but Inglewood and Compton are not, and half the docks are in LA but the other half are in Long Beach. A bunch of LA is up in the San Fernando Valley in the middle of nowhere but then pretty much all of East LA which is just a few minutes away from downtown isn't actually part of LA at all.
that looks like real estate developers created the boundaries.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
People are soft.

I know it gets hella cold im Chicago, but playing in cold weather and seeing the breath, the mud/grass on jerseys is part of football.

Unless it's near or below freezing (or flooding rain) no dome should be closed in places like Chicago.

vikings and lions have been playing in domes for many decades though. the packers will still be playing in the elements. the bears will NEVER get the chance to host a super bowl if they don't have a dome or retractable roof.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
People are soft.

You at these types of games or you just like the way they look on TV? Outside of Green Bay the frozen tundra games will be a thing of the past soon