Chicago Mayor Announces Plans To Renovate Soldier Field Into A Dome (EDIT: Bears Announce Plans For Domed Lakefront Stadium)

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:birdman: Chicago Bears are a team that is suppose to play outdoors. They are supposed to be gritty. I guess they waited for Butkus to die so the Bears could p*ssy out. Lambeau always staying cold.

Breh you joking but this is a real thing to me, it's apart of the appeal of the Chicago Bears.
It's apart of the culture of being a Bear, I don't like not having a retractable roof. Certain games we should be able to use Bear weather as an advantage.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Breh you joking but this is a real thing to me, it's apart of the appeal of the Chicago Bears.
It's apart of the culture of being a Bear, I don't like not having a retractable roof. Certain games we should be able to use Bear weather as an advantage.

Bears about cold, grit, blue-collar attitude.

Putting them in a Dome destroys that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Read somewhere recently that there was a proposal when developing the stadium that would’ve had the area surrounding it built up on some Wrigleyville shyt.

Jerry shot it down because he wanted parking revenue.

serves him right. he was being cheap cuz parking is inexpensive to build compared to other amenities which would draw more visitors to the neighborhood.

it's almost comical how many parking lots are adjacent to guaranteed rate field. they don't need that much parking, when the stadium is literally right next to a multiple train stations.

look how close this is

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Bears and the NFL have more than enough money. People gotta start pushing back on these billionaires who want to fleece taxpayers and keep all the money. It ends now.

NFL should put up a loan program for owners to finance through them to build stadiums.
this is the most obvious solution. the NFL only loaning them like $300M given the totality of this project is laughable.